Author Topic: need some srs help  (Read 8637 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: need some srs help
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 11:41:56 PM »
She sounds kinda like me XD As far as the having self-esteem issues but still considering myself superior to most people I meet.

Sounds like me too. (I was kinda surprised at how close that description was for me, lol. aside from the Prozac part.)

But yeah, at this point, all I can say is that it's good that you're waiting to talk to her, and I hope things turn out for the better.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 06:14:43 AM »
Okay, so I talked to her yesterday morning, first period, just like I had planned.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:29:27 PM by TimJing »

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 07:21:51 AM »
Shit, son... That's a hard case to make. I have no idea what to think. I simply cannot imagine being in your shoes; my heart goes out to you, timjing. Wish I could offer some support or something, dude... But I really don't know what I would do given the circumstances, that's some real thick shit ya gotta wade through, mah boi. :\

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 07:49:27 AM »
Yikes.  Yeah.  That put me at a greater loss of words than before. :|
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 07:58:08 AM »
Well, though I might not quite take things the way you have, I'd be fucking PISSED at Cassie. I'd tell her in no loose terms to never see my girlfriend again.

It sounds to me like Cassie took advantage of her. I know full well what it's like when someone keeps getting you more drinks (I went to a bar with my friend, expecting only to buy 1 drink, because I only had enough money for one. But every time he got another, he ordered us both one, so I ended up with about 3 tallboys of strongbow, a pint of Guinness (IIRC), and maybe another round (I can't even remember)), and I considering how much alcohol you said they had, your girlfriend probably had quite a bit more than she could handle, which would account for the sketchy details, and lend credence to the idea that Cassie took advantage of her. Considering how much it sounds like she threw up, I wouldn't be surprised that she was too drunk to remember that stuff. Alcohol is pretty reliable as far as "if you get x drunk, and you're the type to forget stuff, you'll forget stuff. If you get even drunker, you'll forget even more".

I won't say for sure that that IS the case, but I am personally leaning toward that. Everything points toward that, as far as I can tell.

And I can say now that I wouldn't even bother asking Cassie, because the way things sound, she'll just lie, and maybe try to make things worse.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 12:53:09 PM »
What I'm wondering is if she apologized in any form to YOU about what happened.

My theory on why she was so vague with her story is because she's probably embarrassed by the whole ordeal, and maybe too proud to want to apologize to you for it, since it wasn't entirely her fault. The alcohol definitely played a part, and probably heightened her sense of sympathy about the rape story (if it was true). From how your girlfriend describes Cassie's actions, it almost sounds like it was premeditated... "So anyway, my uncle raped me. You want a moderate amount of alcohol? Oh, okay, here's two bottles of vodka. Yes, keep drinking. Anyway, yes, I was raped, and it was so awful. Thanks for hugging me, you're such a great friend. Is it okay if I hug you back, and possibly a little more? Great, have another drink." etc...

A little suspicious if I say so myself. Did Cassie know she was in a relationship with you? Not as if that would change anything, because your girlfriend certainly knew she was in a relationship with you.

I would suggest, if you want closure, you can't force it and just try to derive it from her story or even from her crying about it. Unless she SINCERELY apologizes for it, don't let her forget it.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »
statements
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:35:39 PM by TimJing »

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 06:37:43 PM »
Glad to hear that you guys managed to get through this. I know crap like this happens more often than anyone would think, and more often than not, this sort of situation is the sort of thing to completely destroy relationships. I'm glad to see that you guys have managed to become closer thanks to this.

I will say one thing though. You might want to be careful about alcohol now. She seems to be completely turned off of it, and personally, I think that's a bad thing. How will she react about you drinking, or other people around her drinking? How will she react if she's in a situation where people are drinking around her and offering her booze? An experience like that can traumatize someone enough to make them react ways they normally never would in situations like that. By the sound of things, she is blaming alcohol, at least in part, for what happened. That's not a good thing. She needs to realize that Cassie is the one responsible, and that alcohol was simply the tool she used.

Sure, there are dangers to alcohol, but alcohol can also be a great way to have fun, let loose, etc. etc. and I would hate to see her completely turned off alcohol for the rest of her life because of some experience like that. It'll likely make her life harder for the next couple years (until she's in her mid 20's or older) when alcohol is a rather large part of many people's lives.

So I'm just giving you a heads up that she might be awkward and may even react in ways that you wouldn't think in situations involving alcohol, and that you should definitely watch that. If she does have a big reaction about it sometime, you may need to try to explain that alcohol was simply used as a tool. And that she shouldn't blame it at all for what happened, however much she may want to.

I know that is something you may not really want to deal with now, but I honestly think that given some time, you should try to address this, because it's not good to see someone who could possibly enjoy alcohol turned away from it because of a bad experience.
(Most people have bad experiences of some sort from alcohol, at least once. I've gone to the hospital with minor alcohol poisoning before, and didn't drink for about a month after. but that's over with, I paid for it, and I'm over it. I don't blame alcohol for what happened to me, I blame myself, and to a lesser extent, my friend who egged me on, but the sole responsibility is at my feet. I drink beer mostly now, because I know I'm not good with hard liquor. I learned a lessnon about drinking that night, and instead of staying away from alcohol all together, I'm putting that lesson into use every time I drink.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »
Good call. I will most assuredly keep that idea in mind. I definitely can see that being true, especially for her.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE