Author Topic: ROTT  (Read 4110 times)

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
ROTT
« on: September 25, 2008, 06:17:49 PM »
For those of you who know what these initials stand for then yay for you.

Those of you who don't then where have you been and why haven't you played this?

ROTT stands for Rise of The Triad.

It is an FPS designed by the makers of our favorite, Wolfenstein.  Although it came out a while ago (MSDOS), it showed the world that, hey we aren't just a game with transposed people dressed as nazis, we are just a game with transposed people dressed as nazis in a time where this is the best graphics computers have to offer.

Needless to say, I lost touch with this game after my computer with MSDOS was destroyed.  I have yet to find a working version for XP/Vista that gives the entire story, sure I've found a couple that let me play, but they were only like test levels and didn't give me what I really wanted, a story.

This topic is here to not only talk about this game...but I think it would be nice to also have the full game so if anyone can direct me to a full/free download of this game then I'd be much appreciated.

For those of you who don't know what this game looks like then here is a picture:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:21:40 PM by Leorina »
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: ROTT
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »
I'm glad somebody other than me (and Renard) has heard of ROTT. :)

Needless to say, I lost touch with this game after my computer with MSDOS was destroyed.  I have yet to find a working version for XP/Vista that gives the entire story, sure I've found a couple that let me play, but they were only like test levels and didn't give me what I really wanted, a story.

Have you tried WinRott and GLRott?

http://home14.inet.tele.dk/Bna-Info/index.htm

I haven't messed with it, but it looks like it might support the game properly.

Failing that, there's always DosBox.  ROTT supposedly works well with it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:04:30 PM »
I do have a copy of Duke 3D which has ROTT on it, and I do remember playing it some years ago. I remember god mode :D

Lemme know if the disc is of any value and I'll try to see if there's a rip possible here
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:12:54 PM »
I heard of ROTT ages ago but have never played it.  Recently, a guy I know gave me a different game in ROTT's CD case, but no ROTT disk (I asked him and he said he didn't have it anymore) :(

also shouldn't it be moar "RotT" and less "ROTT" ?

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »
I'm glad somebody other than me (and Renard) has heard of ROTT. :)

Wait...seriously???  The most amazing old school computer shooter game and only a few people have heard of it??? I haven't played it in a decade but I still remember that damn third boss NME...that robot was a bitch to kill...then again so was the final boss (first/second form, third snake form was easy)
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »
Wait I still have the CD of ROTT somewhere in my house Spec...but I could never could get it to work on our old compaq.