Author Topic: ol' skoo games  (Read 5873 times)

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
ol' skoo games
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:19:15 AM »
I rarely visit this forum because I'm not much of a gamer at all, but I recently discovered this Firefox add-on which allows you to play almost 2500 NES games through the Firefox browser. I played a few games, but then I stumbled across Kirby's Adventure, and realized I've never played any of the older Kirby games :O So ANYWAY Kirby's Adventure is fuckin awesome and I wish I hadn't missed this during my childhood and up until now.

But really, this thread is general discussion of the ol' skoo games. If there is one already buried somewhere in this forum then TOO BAD because mine will be better.
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: ol' skoo games
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:26:11 AM »
this Firefox add-on which allows you to play almost 2500 NES games through the Firefox browser.

Oh god, there's no was in hell that's legal. XD

Kirby's Adventure is an incredible game and is quite possibly my favorite NES game ever (and Kirby ties with Samus for my favorite non-Pok
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:28:10 AM »
contra

/thread

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:33:12 AM »
I used to hyave an NES, broke not too long tho. Also I never had an SNES, only a genesis.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:48:55 AM »
Regarding the Firefox plugin:  It is stupid and worthless.  Just use FCEU, it doesn't just play "2500+" roms (most of which are probably hacks amirite), it plays damn near ALL Nes roms.  This is just another stupid (although, 3rd party) Firefox gimmick that has about zero practicality if you actually take time to think about it.

I think I have an actual Kirby's Adventure cart; spectur i'll tell u wear my sex hole is if u tell me wear urs is >:D

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 08:42:11 AM »
I was gonna say the exact same thing. Why do people even release crap like that? They're almost definitely not machine accurate (as little as that matters :/) they only play a limited number of games, and they require you to open firefox just to play them. not to mention most things like that are extremely un-customizable and such.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:37:26 AM »
Spyhunter and SMW.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 09:43:48 AM »
I downloaded the plugin, it's pretty cool. Thanks sq3r for sharing.

Also ended up getting 4 more while i was there. Damn it.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
You guys can't see ANY use for the add-on? Hmm. You don't have to open Firefox if you want to play the games, it's there for when you have Firefox open already and feel like playing a game. It's useful to people who just like to play a little NES without needing any emulators or ROMs and aren't 'srs business' about their gaming habits. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's worthless you know. I think it's a pretty awesome little thing, regardless of how "un-customizable" it is. Personally, I have MAME and kind of a large collection of ROMs for various systems myself, but I like the extension anywayz.

But this thread isn't about Firefox plug-ins, it's about those fun classics that a lot of us grew up with.

I have an actual NES, but only one game: Marble Madness. I got really good at it when I was younger, but I suck now :|
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 12:34:17 PM »
I don't have a NES. I had one WAY WAY back, but it's LONG dead.

I have no clue what games I had for it.

I think my favourite oldschool NES game is probably either Bubble Bobble, or Kickle Cubicle. Those games are just so damn fun.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 01:15:34 AM »
i still have my snes since i was 6 or 7. 13 years later, I'm still playing it, same games and controllers, even. I've had my N64 since 1998. So, both systems are 13 and 10 years old, respetively. I find old console games to be WAY more entertaining than current ones (except awesome games like GTA 4)

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 09:02:42 PM »
Spyhunter and SMW.

We have a winner...SMW, perfect game for the insanely bored while still being a great game for the more challenge inclined. (getting 100% is pretty much impossible unless you've played it nonstop and know where every secret is.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 09:14:39 PM »
I grew up on the Genesis (I got one for my sixth birthday and played it for six years straight before I got my hands on the N64), so I mostly lived on those games for a while.

Naturally, there was Sonic, but there were a zillion other great games, many of which went unnoticed; Gunstar Heroes, Mortal Kombat, Quackshot, Rocket Knight Adventures, Virtual Pinball, Vectorman, Herzog Zwei, and so on.

I still play retro games. I bought a SNES last year and am still collecting games for it. Need Secret of Mana, Tetris Attack, and Mario Kart and I'm good. I also buy classic arcade machines, especially since they go for almost nothing. I bought a Tetris last year at a local auction for $75; while I've since then had to resell it to pay off car debt, it was an excellent piece and a lot of fun to toy with.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:45 PM »
Wow, $75? Nice. I'd like to collect old arcade machines myself, but generally I'd probably end up only wanting the rare ones that are expensive, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x