Author Topic: bawww about fps inballances here  (Read 2489 times)

vladgd

bawww about fps inballances here
« on: June 11, 2008, 02:53:59 PM »
topic

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: bawww about fps inballances here
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 03:03:35 PM »
Ever outsnipe someone with the handgun? I have. It's not that hard. Honestly, if you know someone has the sniper on you, and it's 1v1, you still ahve a pretty good chance, unless you are in an absolutely horrendous place.

Only in Halo 1, when the pistol was about as effective as a BR, if not better. Other then those 2 guns, in most situations the sniper has the upper hand. When he's at a distance, he's damn unstoppable, when he's in medium to close range, he still has a pretty good chance of hitting you once and melee hitting you right after.

Also another annoying thing, the distance of your melee strike is random. I tried hitting a friend with it, I didn't lunge, so I started stepping back and reloading, he does his, lunges 5 feet forward and kills me. Using that melee attack is one of the main ways halo has of finishing someone off, and when it's random that means not much skill is involved. It's like having your gun jam for 2 minuets for no reason at all while an enemy kills you slowly.

I've never had a problem with that. Considering the shotgun pis pretty much the equivalent of the sword in power, and has better range, it SHOULD be as rare as the sword. And me, a rather below average player managed to get 8 consecutive kills with the shotgun against a friend who owns the game and is much better than I am, who was using the sword.

How many times have I done well with the rocket launcher at medium range? Not many, considering most of the time people can see that giant thing and dodge the blast, or kill you. Rockets are slow and cumbersome, and only really useful when people aren't looking at you (or you've gotten the cloacking).

Meh, shotgun is still a damn fine counter for the sword, an easy way to kill either would be to sticky grenade them. also sword has that lunge, so if you strafe correctly you can still time it right and hit them with your sword.

Also rockets, I ALWAYS get at least 2 kills when I pick up a rocket launcher (you ever hear the term rocket noob?). You sound like your actually trying to hit them, instead of shooting the ground/walls near them. You can't outrun a rocket once it's shot, so if it hits the ground even close to them it's going to kill them instantly. Also, if I'm not mistake, it's melee hit is a 1 hit kill, or damn near it.

And real life IS balanced? Guns work like this: if you shoot someone before they shoot you, they will die. Doesn't it make sense that a game should also work like that?
I've seen lots of times where I've snuck up on someone and ended up getting killed, because either A) they had a better weapon, B) they were able to use grenades, or C) they were able to get away from me before I could kill them, and then attacked and killed me.

Or, you could get shot in a non lethal area and then while wounded shoot them in their face. Also really, reason A is due to crap weapon balance, reason B can depend on your current spot, it's damn easy to dodge grenades if your in the open. and reason C also depends on your current situation, considering you can walk just about as fast as the other guy, their is no real reason for letting him get away. 

You mean Blood Gulch and Boarding Action. I would assume from the fact that you had to describe the maps that you haven't played all that much. Blood Gulch has many pitfalls for the unweary sniper, considering even if you're on the top of the buildings, you're pretty out in the open. Not to mention people can toss grenades up there without your noticing if they're half decent. That map is a much more close range based map, not a sniper map, since there are only about 3 places for any sniper to be useful.

Blood gulch, yes, boarding action no. I meant lockout (the map with the one shot gun in the green hall, the sword basically across the map from that, and the sniper tower across from the BR tower). How is blood gulch even remotely close range? Even if the sniper is exposed up top, whats going to hit him? A BR? Even if you started shooting him, he could easily take cover or run into the teleporter. Also you can easily snipe from the center of the field, the sides of it, or even in the mountains without being easily spotted and your still hard as HELL to approach due to the fact that the aggressor wouldn't even have a place to hide from sniper fire while he approached the sniper.

Trust me, I've played that map with an agreement NOT to use the vehicles for a 3 person death match, my friend would get the sniper and wouldn't be fucking killed until he ran out of ammo, that's how amazingly bad the map and weapon balance is.

I'm in Paris right now. The food is awesome, although I will note that everything is pretty expensive. I'm going to Normandy in a couple of days and London the day after that. This trip is pretty fun.

Wow awesome, take some pictures fool.