Author Topic: Hello, C++.  (Read 4875 times)

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
Hello, C++.
« on: June 14, 2008, 09:26:29 AM »
Okay, here we go. Every day I'm going to spend at least an hour reading and practice what I learn from my book. And then I'll post up here what I learned, and how to do it. Comments are more than welcome. So, I guess it's more like my journal of my education of C++.

(edits to follow here within two hours of now)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 09:31:07 AM by Zakamiro »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Hello, C++.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »
Alright, spec and (to a much lesser extent) I can make some interesting comments. If you need any help with a concept, we can explain it, too.

You know, I'd really like to get a s.net community project for programming going, and since spec and I know C++, and you're learning it, we could always program something in C++.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

mysticsnake

• Hi guys I'm mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:49:36 PM »
Oh 2 years of C++ in high school was a good time. We had to make a basic interpreter for our last project it was quite the bitch :<

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »
Bah, my highschool wouldn't teach c++. We did VB and Java (and used to do Turing).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

itsgravy

• Impersonal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 02:46:59 PM »
s.net community project for programming going

In.  I've been working with C++ now for about a year and I've gotten decent at it. 

I can help you if you have any questions regarding the language.  Also, what are you learning from and what languages do you know?  I find reference books are the way to go if you can get around most of them being written in the early 90's, thereby requiring a cd-rom that never seems to help.

mysticsnake

• Hi guys I'm mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 06:20:36 PM »
Ah well got Java in first year Uni.

Lol that course seemed so basic, it didn't cover nearly as much as our Grade 12 CS class. Easiest A of my life.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »
Heh, yeah, after going through my highschool classes and "learning" VB6 and Java (because my teacher didn't know fuck all about C++, and I think he thought it would be too advanced to teach) I'm scared to think of what college courses could potentially be.

I mean fuck, I learned more VB from making my own shit programs at home than I ever did in school. The only things I learned in school were than VB can't do anything with C++ pointers, even trying to pass them to and from a DLL, and that the SetPixel command is actually fast enough to render 3D wireframe games at full speed.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x