« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »
a0 get off of my forums

you quit the internet wtf are you doing existing

Arch0wl

• View Profile
Re: IAN!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 07:33:03 AM »
you quit the internet wtf are you doing existing

I actually have about 900 posts on ODI right now that I racked up over the past couple of months. >_>

I never actually "quit the internet" because modern society almost requires you to use it though I did quit forums for quite some time--about two years.

Does sq3r still make amazing graphics and is NewF still hardcore? I remember the threads NewF posted on a0 and whenever Newfoundland comes up in conversation I think of him, haha.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 07:40:05 AM »
I don't seem to recall sq3r posting awesome graphics as of late (he just slipped back here a month or so ago, actually).  NewF is definitely still hardcore, though he definitely doesn't post here enough. ;)

As for me, I've somehow managed to become even geekier than I used to be.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Arch0wl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 07:46:37 AM »
Same here. I definitely acknowledged my geekiness sometime in '07 and quit trying to fight it. I also dropped the defensive troll-like attitude and found an outlet for seriousness on the internet so that I could take myself less seriously everywhere else.

I'm amazed at how far back this site goes. The nostalgia here as I read some of the posts is overwhelming. I've been around a lot of the oldschool people on ODI, but I forgot entire segments of the community that I'm reminded of by reading some of these threads.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
Heh, I've never bothered to fight my geekiness, it's just sort of been blooming as of late.  I blame Linux.

This site's been reset a few times, too, so it doesn't even stretch as far back as it technically could (though I should still have the old site backups somewhere...maybe I'll throw them up some day for nostalgia's sake).

And yeah, it's fun to be reminded of some of the old school a0.com stuff (like the shop and the BIGASS SWORD OF FUCK).  It's kinda strange to see how people have changed since a0.com was first put up.  It's been, what, almost five years?

Arch0wl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 08:03:29 AM »
Hah, I would and I wouldn't hate to see the old a0.com backups. One one hand I would see the massive nostalgia from back in the day, and on the other hand I would be extremely embarrassed about my old posts.

Linux has gotten huge now thanks to Ubuntu. Within a few years you'll probably see it emerge as an apparent rival to Mac, if it isn't already that is.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 08:11:41 AM »
I only have a couple of a0.com backups, both pre-SMF.  I think most of them were on my old laptop (which was formatted several times since then :x).  In all honesty, if my posts on other forums were anything to go by I seemed to be a lot more of a jerk than I am now, so I'd kinda hate to see my old posts as well.

Ubuntu is...okay.  It's definitely pushed Linux into a lot of peoples' computers, but it still has a ways to go before it becomes an extremely viable alternative (namely, its ability to not break drivers between system updates needs to be improved...ugh).

That said, I'm kind of curious at what the consumer OS market share looks like.  I'm kind of curious how Linux compares to OS X as far as usage is concerned.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 08:23:51 AM »
Heh, I lurked a lot when I first joined a0. It took em a while to get into posting, and even then, I wasn't nearly as active as I am now. As you can see, I'm kinda the postwhore here :P

I'm pretty geeky myself, though spec has me flat out beat in every way :/

And I happen to have a bit of the "internet seriousness" issue myself. Whenever I join another forum that has typing worse than this place (AKA every other non-total-geek website)I usually end up posting some huge rant about how they need to learn the english language and quit contributing to the cancer that is killing english. That, or some crazy religious rant that gets me flamed to hell because nobody seems to be able to argue about religion without making personal attacks :/

I probably come off as an EXTREMELY elitist complete asshole on most other sites, now that I think of it.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 09:18:31 AM »
is NewF still hardcore? I remember the threads NewF posted on a0 and whenever Newfoundland comes up in conversation I think of him, haha.

Haha, thats awesome. Speaking of which, I had myself another experience with a stupid drunk retard last night.
I was talking with a friend of mine from work while I was helping my friend out at the store (His parents own a corner store in the heart of downtown) and I saw this fool stumbling along, coming up behind the girl I was talking to. So I slightly moved her to the right to move her out of the way of him, just outta respect so he wouldn't have to ask her to move. And for some reason when I did that, he stopped and started staring me down. So for then I just ignored it and continued on with the conversation as if the fool wasn't there. After like 10 seconds she started getting really nervous and said she was going to head home. Thats when I got kinda annoyed that this idiot interrupted my conversation and the girl left because of him. When I walked up to go back in the store, He was still staring me down, and I was like "The fuck is your problem man, stop staring at me fool"
Then he started jabbering on about some retarded shit that I couldn't understand cause he was drunk. So I just ignored him and went back in the store.
About 4 minutes later I see him standing outside the store door, staring me down still...So I look and start laughing (I just found it funny to see some drunk guy standing about 6 foot 4 250 pounds+ staring at me through a door pointing his finger at me)
So he decides to come inside and sais "Someone told me I had to come back here to say hi...I had a feeling I had to come back."
I was like "Alright, so what can I help you with?"
Then he extends his hand out to shake my hand...So I shook his hand, and he tried to to the "I'm a tough guy" approach and tried to squeeze my hand thinking it'd hurt me. So I just very easily pulled my hand away and laughed at him saying "Bud...Trust me...You're not tough, so drop the act"
Then he decides to buy cigarettes, using debit...And of course, hes too wasted to even understand how to work the fucking machine...So he sais, nevermind, he dosen't need them. (I knew right there he just came back to try and start something)
So he left, then not even a minute later, I see him outside the door pointing his finger at me AGAIN! At this point i'm laughing my ass off at him, he sees it, gets mad, and starts smacking the glass (door), so I get up, open the door, and told him to stop hitting the door. Then he starts yabbering on about how hes going to "beat me up" and what not, so I just stand there, hes looking like a fool, then he pushes over a mailbox! Now i'm starting to get pretty annoyed by what hes doing and told him hes gotta get the fuck outta here, and go home while he still has the legs to carry him. Then he sits on the mailbox and starts yelling for someone to call the cops lol.
..............So I go back inside cause there were customers....I serve them, and they go to leave....And the guy is outside the door...Holding it shut with his foot. Now I got mad, and tried to push the door open, but of course, because a man that size, even smaller, can easily hold a door shut from anyone by putting their foot on it the proper way. So I waited a while, Customers stuck inside waiting to get out...And I see him move his foot away, but he put it back right away.
So I waited, and he moved his foot again.....Hahaha....I slammed the door open, grabbed him by the scuff of his collar (had to reach up pretty high lol) and pulled him down to eye level with me, and said "You'd best get the FUCK out of the way before I fucking lay you out right here"
I pushed him back and let the customers out of the store, and thats when he grabbed me back. And I lost it. I cracked him once in the face and that was basically it lol. He went to the ground, I grabbed his hand (He was on his back) Twisted his arm/wrist around, and rolled him over on his stomach and held him there. And perfect timing too cause an ambulance came to a stop light, saw it, and they called the cops for me. In about 2 minutes, cops came, I explained everything to them, and they hauled him away to jail for public drunkeness or whatever lol.
And thats my story! Weeee!
I love it when idiots make fools of themselves. And also, a lesson for some...When you see someone, never worry about the size of them, because size dosen't matter with shit like that. This guy was like 3 times the size of me, regardless if he was drunk or not, I still got him down.....I might of had more trouble if he was sober, but still, lol.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »
Haha, pwnt.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 11:35:29 AM »
Hahaha, you're awesome, NewF. :D

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »
This is...strange...

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »
HAI2U

Welcome back? D:
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

vladgd

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
ohh that was an entertaining story.

and my old posts were made of TEEN HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA, WEEABOO, and EMO, yuck.