Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 354926 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »
Toronto has more Bemani in one city than the entirety of the Midwest.

Bemani stuff is almost entirely centered in certain areas. I've got...3 DDR machines now and 2 PIU machines. Maybe 1 ITG2.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »
Well, considering that the US still happens to have like, 8.3 times the number of machines that canada does, and the fact that I've been to toronto all of, 3, 4 times in my life? It's not like I have easy access to the machines that ARE there. But numerically, the US beats canada by quite a bit. Especially consdering the size of canada. Some provinces have no locations on DDRFreak's location thing. nice holding shift for eight seconds and turning off the shorcut and forgettin how to stop this is REALLY annoying
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2007, 09:09:38 PM »
Yeah, but seriously, don't act like you're some disadvantaged person who never gets anything. I have to drive 6 hours to get anything more than what I've had for the last 4 years. It's literally across the entire country from here to get to the really cool stuff.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2007, 09:23:35 PM »
Bobbias, in the end you're gonna have to import bemani games to get arcade ports or drive to these distant places :/.

vladgd

« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2007, 08:57:43 AM »
yea, sure we have "more" bemani, but that doesn't mean i can walk into town and play an iidx machine.  its like $80 in gas to get to the westland (or whatever town it was in) iidx machine, and id rather use that money for another koc.  and don't even get me started on pop'n, the gas for that would be more than enough for me to get a djdao platinum edition.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2007, 11:42:20 AM »
I'm just saying that overall, there's more of a chance to be close enough to an arcade that has one in the states than in canada. Which sucks. I realize that many of you guys happen to be in some of the places in the states where there aren't many, but I was saying numerically, the US has more and more people have ready access to the arcades.

I realize that I'm gonna be stuck buying imports etc. (Unless I make boatloads of cash somehow and buy my own arcade machine, rofl. Honestly, if I make enough money after I've settled down a bit, I'm going to buy a DDR arcade machine, just like some people buy pool tables and such. Actually, most arcade machines would be cheaper than a good pool table.)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2007, 02:22:15 PM »
I realize that I'm gonna be stuck buying imports etc.

You act as though none of us are "stuck" buying imports. :/

Get over it.  Just because the US has more machines doesn't mean that, like vlad said, we can just walk down the street and play IIDX.  The numbers don't mean anything because for most of us it's a prohibitively long drive to get to any alternative Bemani.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2007, 03:40:46 PM »
In california, I can't think of a single place with an ITG machine. Only rhythm action games in this state I know of are entirely DDR. Srs.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

vladgd

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »
for some relevant content

PASS MOON CHILD [h] B

pass lovely storm [a]

so another 11* under my belt, and every hyper difficulty song on iidx 12 is passed

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2007, 05:22:35 PM »
You act as though none of us are "stuck" buying imports. :/

Get over it.  Just because the US has more machines doesn't mean that, like vlad said, we can just walk down the street and play IIDX.  The numbers don't mean anything because for most of us it's a prohibitively long drive to get to any alternative Bemani.

Importing is better anyways. Arcade ports+less money+CS exclusives (usually)=great deal.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2007, 05:24:42 PM »
Well, the CS exclusives are cool, but I can't stand how few songs they have. I'd much rather more of a selection in any given difficulty range than 2 or 3 songs... Even if they are CS exclusive.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2007, 05:26:53 PM »
beats having to pay every time you want to play a game.

if i had an asc with sanwa keys, i wouldn't want to play at an arcade.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2007, 07:25:38 PM »
Debate aside...YES FINALLY!!!

PASSED V [h]!

2nd 10 :D.

That also means I have now passed every song on [h] on BMUS. Just gotta pass 2 9*s and all the 10*s on [a].

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2007, 07:34:29 PM »
PASSED V [h]!

Nice job! :D

So, wait, you passed Colors [h] before you passed V [h]?  Interesting.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2007, 07:38:43 PM »
I did, but Colors [h] is a 9 and is a bit more straightforward than V.

Well, the CS exclusives are cool, but I can't stand how few songs they have. I'd much rather more of a selection in any given difficulty range than 2 or 3 songs... Even if they are CS exclusive.

I think Go Beyond is enough itself XD. Distorted has 17 CS exclusives, along with some new charts. That's about as much as a license listing in a US DDR default songlist.

As for others...Happy Sky had 13, Red had 9, 10th had 7, and from there it slowly lowers, but those were early mixes so it's not surprising.

It's a lot better than what DDR gets for CS exclusives, or virtually any music game for that matter (except DJ MAX Portable 2, which was basically nothing but exclusives).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:46:20 PM by Milk Chan »