Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 355185 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2008, 03:12:11 AM »
Yes, O2Jam is still fun. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of how Turkyslam is running the server, song selection wise. He's left in too many of the shitty official songs simply because they were Official, and because they have all 3 difficulty levels. There are quite a few custom songs with only 1 or 2 difficulties that are really fun that he doesn't have because either they don't have all the difficulties, of they aren't keysounded. The way I see O2Jam, we should chuck out the craptacular songs that are Official, but suck ass; and use some of the custom songs that are fun, but maybe not as complete, or keysounded. I have more fun with most custom songs, regardless of the number of difficulties complete or keysounding, than I do with A) just about every single crappy chinese/korean balladand B) all the shitty useless completely un-fun Officials.

I want For Fruits Basket and True Light (The DNAngel song) damnit :/ (And I don't know where to get either of them now either, since he used to host all the files directly, but now has an ingame FTP server setup)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2008, 12:40:36 AM »
AHAHAHA shit. I got ridiculously better at O2Jam this last week. Here's one screenshot and the best for now, i'll get the others later:

Finally beat this tonight. And it only took 1 1/2 years of on and off playing! It's actually kinda fun ironically.

Also I passed KanKan HD HX as well a few days ago, but I forgot to upload that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:42:13 AM by Milk Chan »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2008, 09:53:10 AM »
Ass. I've been playing for more than that, and still suck.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
Yeah I just started playing again last week and been practicing a lot with Volcano and quasar HX since they help with chord streams, so now they're not too big an issue for me anymore.

Anyways shitload of O2 pics coming, all stuff done in this last week...

Fantazindy HX cleared:

KanKan HD cleared:

[SHD]%5 result screen. Awful miss count but a low good count:

Volcano, closest to and FC i've come:

[SHD]Canon, good CA:

Festival of ghost 2 NX, alright score:

Fire NX, first 2000+ combo on an O2Jam song:

Air- Trance Code FC:

Earth Quake, 2nd pass. Lower combo but better CA:

fffff, first pass:

%10, closest to an FC i've gotten:

Anyways that's it. Almost had another hard song passed, Fate of 60 years and I would've passed if I didn't stop at one point to put my headphones back on lol.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »
Christ man. I need to play more to work up my reaction time, and finger strength (which is a HUGE factor for me). I'm doing bad at both O2Jam and Stepmania right now because I lost a lot of finger strength (which helps me with speed and consistency/combo.) My timing is pretty decent, but I can never keep a good combo, and fast still pwns me.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2008, 04:49:21 PM »
Nothing special, just had a really good hour session of GH. Every song I played I swear I beat my high by at least 50k if not more. I was just very 'in the zone' as I'm sure you're all familiar with.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
So, my brother and I own Rock Band now. We don't have the guitar or drums, or mic, but we have the game.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 09, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
I was thinking about buying it because you [supposedly] can use the GH guitar on it. Can anyone confirm this? =p Don't wanna waste my money.

My friend owns the whole setup with everything, so maybe I could just take like the mic or something so we can play over live. I sing well :D
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2008, 06:14:36 PM »
You can.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2008, 12:28:02 AM »
Alright Bobbias seems pissed at my O2Jam shit enough so it's time to move back to IIDX shit so vladgd can get pissed at me again (lol jk).

Bought IIDX Red last Saturday. I should hopefully have it by later this week since it said it takes 3-7 business days and it's being shipped from LA to Tucson, so it should be here by Thursday or Friday.

vladgd

« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2008, 12:42:32 AM »
actually after not playing for over a week, i suck ass at iidx now.  so i don't really care how good you get son.

like, i can't pass xepher [a] anymore, i suck that much, lol.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2008, 12:51:42 AM »
I was thinking about buying it because you [supposedly] can use the GH guitar on it. Can anyone confirm this? =p Don't wanna waste my money.

The only platform that can't use the GH guitar is the PS3, due to Activision making a huge deal out of controller compatibility. ::)

My friend owns the whole setup with everything, so maybe I could just take like the mic or something so we can play over live. I sing well :D

I believe you can also use a 360 headset with RB360.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet (the only song I'd be able to do guitar/voice or drum/voice is probably In Bloom so it's not too high on my priority list, heh), so don't quote me on that just yet. :>
"This is a machine for making cows."

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 20, 2008, 12:24:07 AM »
Well Red came really quick. Wasn't expecting till later this week but it came yesterday :). So far i've just been messing around with it trying to unlock the stuff first. 8-dan is a bit easier but Gigadelic [h] is unnecessary. I passed first try though. 9-dan is definitely easier although I can't pass, I made it to the final stage (Genocide [a]). But man Red has a good revival list.

-AAA'd The Cube [a].
-FC'd ULTIM/\TE [h] first try.
-Passed Key [a], first 11 in Red.
-Passed Be Quiet [a], yet another 11.

EDIT: After popping in Distorted, despite my timing having gone down the drain, I passed Mint [a] :D.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:20:51 AM by Milk Chan »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 20, 2008, 01:55:36 AM »
MINT [a] is a really bad chart. I think I passed with an A once and now I usually get 52% or something.

I tried playing on my new controller today and was kinda eh. Couldn't re-AAA Dawn 7k or anything. I'll try out RED tomorrow. I don't think I ever passed Secret of Love [a].