Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 355044 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #420 on: March 23, 2008, 12:42:27 AM »
Yeah, that's why I said I can't help but think. I was acknowledging that I may not know everything to do with it. I don't know how small Windows Embedded is. I can understand why they made the switch a bit more, now, but I still don't quite know why, because if they'd developed their own OS, they probably knew as much about their own OS as they would about windows... I could understand if windows was more stable than their Os or something, or had better support (DirectX?) for some of the stuff they did.

I'm just saying that I'm kinda interested in what they were thinking and such. I'm also interested in the actual OS they were using.

I'd honestly like to work on a basic operating system, but since I don't have the knowledge, I'd certainly like to learn more about the more obscure OS's out there.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #421 on: March 23, 2008, 01:38:37 AM »
Given that the graphical flair increased between 8th and 9th, the most likely reason is that Konami wanted to upgrade the hardware but didn't want to put significant amounts of capital into writing software for the hardware. Since just about any modern processor can easily run an OS and have plenty of power to spare, they probably just chose to license the OS rather than reinvent the wheel and have to do it again the next time they stepped up the hardware.

That would be the most logical reason, not to mention nVidia's reluctance to give out their hardware specs (IIDX uses nVidia's driver package). Another added bonus would be the ablity to use just about any available hardware in the system (ie if the GF4MX becomes unavailable they can easily step it up to an FX5200 or whatever without worry).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 23, 2008, 02:46:29 AM »
This also makes me wonder when IIDX will switch to 4th gen hardware. They've ran on the 3rd gen since 9th so uhh...7 styles? That's the most any IIDX has run on the same gen of hardware, with the 2nd gen being shortest with only 3 styles and 1st gen with 6 styles including substream.

Im guessing they MIGHT switch now that vista has been around for awhile and there's blu ray. Maybe they wanted to do a rounded number so IIDX 16 will be the 4th gen switch.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #423 on: March 23, 2008, 03:24:35 AM »
Blu-Ray wouldn't really affect anything since IIDX has always used hard drives for its data.  As for Vista, its audio system would allow for a bit less latency but that's about all it would give them.  It would take some extra work, if anything, due to the changes in the driver model, etc.  I doubt they'd spring for that right away.

vladgd

« Reply #424 on: March 23, 2008, 03:27:50 AM »
i would really not like to buy a jps3 just to be able to play new iterations of iidx (and new iidx controller or adapter, gatdamn)

then again, if they did something like...release a blue ray edition of iidx with say...every iidx song from 1-15th style...i guess i would have to get myself a jps3.

but from the looks of things, they will keep on the ps2 train till after 15th style.

*edit*

sweet jesus, i managed to pass so fabulous [a] again
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 09:48:33 AM by vladgd »

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 23, 2008, 03:55:45 PM »
i would really not like to buy a jps3 just to be able to play new iterations of iidx (and new iidx controller or adapter, gatdamn)

then again, if they did something like...release a blue ray edition of iidx with say...every iidx song from 1-15th style...i guess i would have to get myself a jps3.

but from the looks of things, they will keep on the ps2 train till after 15th style.

*edit*

sweet jesus, i managed to pass so fabulous [a] again

You can buy a usps3. PS3s are region free. You just can't play JPS2 games on a PS3 but if you have a modded ps2 it shouldnt really be a problem.

As for So fabulous good job. I haven't played it normally since I passed it once, but I went back and did 8-Dan to see how well I would do and I almost comboed through the roll in So fabulous. Crazy.

Also I forgot to upload these pics:
Mint [a] clear-

9-Dan clear-

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:59:09 PM by Milk Chan »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 23, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »
How the hell do you pass Mint with that many non-greats?

Konami will sooner cancel IIDX entirely than go to the PS3 I think. The series doesn't make enough money to justify the development costs at all. Also, they'd have to make either USB IIDX controllers or bluetooth IIDX controllers, neither of which will happen just on the basis that Konami wouldn't do that much work. They never even released the US controllers in Japan. Anyone that thinks they'd remake tons of and tons of peripherals and have you buy a new one (especially ASC people ouch) is just wrong.

Also, I'm well aware of adapters and whatnot. None of them work. They either don't work with IIDX at all or have lag that totally kills it.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 23, 2008, 08:53:07 PM »
How the hell do you pass Mint with that many non-greats?

I forgot my timing was still on -2 for a big screen tv I played on earlier, and it was why I kept getting so many goods and is why I thought my timing got awful on DD.

I actually got a B when I played it in 9-Dan.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #428 on: March 23, 2008, 09:20:01 PM »
How the hell did you get so good so fast? Seriously, you're insane with these music games :/

Konami should maybe get lass lazy.. Seriously...

Also, I'm trying to learn to write my own OS. Thank god it's easy to find tutorials, despite it being such a "black art" as it was referred to in one of those tutorials. Hopefully I'll learn a few things from this. But most likely, I'll get stuck on some retarded bug and say fuck it before I ever get it working.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #429 on: March 24, 2008, 12:19:25 PM »
there was a time, i was better than milkchan.  that time is passed, and now i hate milkchan, and i want him to set himself on fire.

while i wait for that, i managed to pass quasar [a] again

this means, i don't utterly suck at the game, and im not as rusty as i had assumed.

still, milkchan, seriously, i could use a philly cheesesteak.

and mint [a] is impossible, and SSS [a] concertino in blue [a] is easier

and, waxing and wanding [a] grade B, fail

the chords at the end of the song are lame and need to die
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:37:19 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #430 on: March 24, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »
Wait, how does saving a considerable amount of money and developer time make Konami lazy?

I'd rather them spend more time making a damn good game than reinventing the wheel.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 24, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »
there was a time, i was better than milkchan.  that time is passed, and now i hate milkchan, and i want him to set himself on fire.

while i wait for that, i managed to pass quasar [a] again

this means, i don't utterly suck at the game, and im not as rusty as i had assumed.

still, milkchan, seriously, i could use a philly cheesesteak.

and mint [a] is impossible, and SSS [a] concertino in blue [a] is easier

and, waxing and wanding [a] grade B, fail

the chords at the end of the song are lame and need to die

I passed quasar non-ran [a] with an A.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 25, 2008, 01:35:44 AM »
K got sum gud shit right now:

--33 EX AAA waxing and wanding [h]
--52 EX AAA Byakko [h]
-Random clear Broadbanded [a]
-Random clear Byakko [a]

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »
Well, apparently I hadn't passed Mint [a]

But now I have, as well as a couple of new 12 passes

Low-mid B pass Mint [a] (like...140k I think? I didn't write the score down yet so I don't know EX)
low B pass Solid State Squad [a]
Kinda mid C pass Due Tomorrow [a]

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 27, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »
4 Star Devil Went Down to Gerogia SOLO, 2 days ago. I really need to get a new videocamera and videotape thses. Ugh.