Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 355174 times)

cristian989

• View Profile
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #495 on: April 29, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
You say that as if there are many more in the US.

You pretty much have to play IIDX/Pop'n at home unless you're in Japan (or very lucky).

Unless you live 45 minutes away from this place (ps. I do  8), but I've never been...I keep putting it off)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #496 on: April 29, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »
Need I remind you that the US has more people, and more arcades overall? There are likely a few more in the US than in Canada. Plus, Canada is a bigger country. Sure, it's almost negligible, but by pure numbers, you're more likely to find a Popn in the US :/

Yeah, you're right.  I'll just drive to TGA...oh wait, it's eight hours away.

Maybe I'll play Drum Mania (err, Percussion Freaks) instead!  There's a machine right over in Virginia!  Oh wait...that's three and a half hours away.

Ah well, at least I have an awesome r21 ITG2 dedicab (at a location that happens to be an awesome gaming center) a half hour away from me.  I'm awesome.

Plus, I was just complaining anyway. I'd love to try an arcade, but I'll likely never get a chance to.

Same.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #497 on: April 29, 2008, 10:59:05 PM »
There might be one in Toronto, but if there isn't, the closest one is likely 3 or 4 hours away. And that's a conservative estimate :/ Seriously, Canada is fucking big. It took 22 hours in a van to drive from Ontario to PEI. That's not even halfway across Canada... (and that's in-car time, not the entire time.)

But yeah, unless you live in someplace like Toronto, or other large cities, you've basically got no chance of ever playing an IIDX/Popn/obscure bemani arcade machine.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #498 on: April 30, 2008, 07:21:48 AM »
Major cities have absolutely nothing to do with it.  I live within 45 minutes of both Baltimore and Washington DC and I have a hard time finding a DDR machine in good shape (read: I haven't found a DDR machine in good shape, only that ITG2 machine), let alone any other Bemani.  In Ohio I had several good machines to choose from, both DDR and ITG2, and I didn't have to drive to Pittsburgh or Cleveland to play on them.

Seriously, if you start driving you'd realize that it's no big deal whatsoever for you to make the two hour trip to Toronto when you want to play.  I fail to see why you keep complaining about being so far away from IIDX/Pop'n AC machines when you're closer to them than most of the people here (and yes, even 3-4 hours is closer than most people are to machines like that -- they are extremely rare in North America).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #499 on: April 30, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »
Yeah, but think about this: Until I get my G2, I need to have someone with 4 years driving experience in the car at all times. Not to mention the fact that I'm A) nervous doing highway driving, because I've barely done any, and B) I don't have my own car to drive places. Kinda makes it impossible to make that trip, even if I was willing (which I more or less am).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 30, 2008, 05:36:41 PM »
Passed V [a] for the second time. Slightly higher A than last time.

Oh and did some Expert courses. Passed ASAP [a] and Ryu [a] and now I just need to unlock Furious2 and Tempest.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2008, 08:17:48 PM »
Yeah, but think about this: Until I get my G2, I need to have someone with 4 years driving experience in the car at all times. Not to mention the fact that I'm A) nervous doing highway driving, because I've barely done any, and B) I don't have my own car to drive places.

And most people here would need to take a vacation to make any sort of road trip like that.  What's your point?

The point is, it's fairly close and accessible to you after you get your license (and if I recall, distance is the very thing you were complaining about in the first place).  Most people here aren't that lucky.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 01, 2008, 12:45:55 AM »
I found a IIDX 6th Style AC in a small town outside of vegas.

Im cool.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 10, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »
Passed my 3rd 12: due tomorrow [a]- C.

I really hope theres some easier 12s out there besides the crap thats on dd and hs cause those are all really hard.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 30, 2008, 10:54:40 PM »
Hey guys change this topic title to ITT: Milk Chan owns up IIDX lolol

Cleared my 4th 12: Colors [a] with a B.

All BMUS SP is cleared now.

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 31, 2008, 03:43:51 AM »
I used to post in this thread!

Unfortunately, I am in backwards Texas, where the only Supernova 2 is two bucks a round and the best machine in the area is an old Extreme in Gameworks. (set at $1.30 for five songs, which is pretty cool) No ITG, no Pump (except for the Exceed 2 in Austin while I was living there), so I haven't really been getting better.

Still, I spent two months in Austin competing against one particularly stubborn guy on the Supernova and managed to put up several good scores.

(no bar)

Be Lovin - 4 greats
Happy Angel - 7 greats
Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) - 15 greats
PARANOiA Survivor - 96.5 million AA
Legend of Max - 95.7 million AA
Max 300 - 97.2 million AA

After this summer, I'm buying a JP PS2 and IIDX 10th through GOLD, as well as JP Extreme and SN2 (if I can find them, at least), then getting into the IIDX thing. At the moment, I'm barely passing 7s and would like to pass a 10 or two by the end of the year.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #506 on: May 31, 2008, 03:49:28 AM »
Unfortunately, I am in backwards Texas, where the only Supernova 2 is two bucks a round and the best machine in the area is an old Extreme in Gameworks. (set at $1.30 for five songs, which is pretty cool) No ITG, no Pump (except for the Exceed 2 in Austin while I was living there), so I haven't really been getting better.

Eh, sadly you're doing better than I am.  The only good machine near me is an ITG2 dedicab, but the place is supposedly shutting down tomorrow, so I kinda got raped in the ass with a machete. :(

We do have a DDR SuperNOVA upgrade and PIU NX cab, but holy hell do they suck.  The SuperNOVA machine is just...awful.  It's just...unspeakably terrible.  Let's just say, having the bar nearly come out while doing Unlimmy doubles was a traumatic experience for me -- and probably Sharde, for that matter, since he was standing behind me at the time.

The PIU NX has sticky buttons liek wut.  I have a hard time passing hard charts on that game, let alone crazy charts.  Very eww.

(no bar)

Are you still incapable of playing with the bar? :P

scores

Frackin' nice!

You've improved a ton since that one time you were in Oh-hay-oh and we sexed hung out.

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 31, 2008, 05:30:43 AM »
Eh, sadly you're doing better than I am.  The only good machine near me is an ITG2 dedicab, but the place is supposedly shutting down tomorrow, so I kinda got raped in the ass with a machete. :(

We do have a DDR SuperNOVA upgrade and PIU NX cab, but holy hell do they suck.  The SuperNOVA machine is just...awful.  It's just...unspeakably terrible.  Let's just say, having the bar nearly come out while doing Unlimmy doubles was a traumatic experience for me -- and probably Sharde, for that matter, since he was standing behind me at the time.

The PIU NX has sticky buttons liek wut.  I have a hard time passing hard charts on that game, let alone crazy charts.  Very eww.

Are you still incapable of playing with the bar? :P

Frackin' nice!

You've improved a ton since that one time you were in Oh-hay-oh and we sexed hung out.

Oh right, I forgot about the NX at the Dave & Busters! ...which was in Austin. =p That was a nice machine, though the screen had been replaced with a plasma TV, which looked silly in the DX cabinet. Regardless, I played for a while and found out I was half-decent at Pump.

S -

Dr. M CZ
Greenhorn CZ
Will O' The Wisp CZ (lucky run)
Csikos Post CZ

A -

Beethoven Virus CZ
Winter CZ (I seem to alternate between failing and doing well)
Final Audition CZ (PAIN)

Also, I got to play an NX2 in the most beautiful arcade I had ever been to while in Reno. The place had IIDX Gold, Pop'N Music (can't remember which), DDR Supernova, Stepmania (actual machine with makeshift banner and about a thousand songs, I lol'd), PIU NX2, and a bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately, my parents were passing through and I only got to play for an hour and a half. Since that was the first time I ever got to touch a real IIDX machine, most of my time was spent on there, but I did pass Energizer CZ (fun!) and did half-well at FAEP 2-2 HD. I think I pass up to 1-skulls right now without using the bar.

Speaking of which...

I mostly justify my lack of bar-use because I figured 'well, I can't ever EVER EVER beat the experts with the bar, so let's see how far I can get while not using it'. Plus, if nothing else, it tends to impress those who don't know much about the game more when you don't use the bar, so hey. I tried playing with the bar for a couple of days and found that all it really did was tire my arms out instead of my legs, decided 'hell with it, I don't want to practice with this thing because I feel silly with it' and went back to playing without it. And then I passed ! Expert for the first time and cried from happiness.

...man I can't wait until the 21st when I come back up to PA and play REAL machines with GOOD players. As amusing as it is to see my name plastered all over the scores at Main Event, it's embarrassing how small the community is here. =(

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #508 on: May 31, 2008, 05:50:04 AM »
...man I can't wait until the 21st when I come back up to PA and play REAL machines with GOOD players. As amusing as it is to see my name plastered all over the scores at Main Event, it's embarrassing how small the community is here. =(

If my workplace refuses to give me those days off I'm going to go batshit crazy.  Seriously.  Missing the MGD3 party was bad enough.

BUT YEAH, hopefully I'll see you around that time (though I'll probably be back later that week...I only get two weeks per year, and both of them are already booked).

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 31, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »
Oh I forgot. I beat Happy Sky's 10-Dan last night. By far the easiest one of the post-10th style 10-Dans.

Had nearly 100% on OML and got all bads at the end and fell to 18% lol.