Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 355104 times)

vladgd

Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #540 on: June 08, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »
pass op 31 [h]

YES ITS A FUCKING 9

had to try three times on 1x speed, and the song switches from 100-350 bpm, constantly, so whats that on 1x, 200-700bpm

FAFAFSASFASFASFAFSAFSASAFAF, why is it so hard to read 700 bpm on iidx, when anything slower on stepmania is SLOWWW.

anyway, it goes from "doable speed" to "lol this shit is a blur but its still easier to read than the slower stuff"

now to pass fascination maxx [h]....the bpm changes aren't as hard(but enough to pretty much fail me all the time) but its an 11, compared to a 9...yea....

*edit*

to make up for my shitty 9 pass ACCOMPLISHMENT

pass second heaven [a]

my second 11 pass on 14th, i expect blind justice to be next, i recently failed with 60% so i guess a little more work and im there.

*edit* an even bigger accomplishment

78% on blind justice [a]

basically near the last third of the song, MOVE YOUR HANDS REALLY FAST
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 05:56:39 PM by vladgd »

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 08, 2008, 06:06:05 PM »
Fuckkk 4 days till im gettin gold...

My goals right now are to pass Gold's 10-Dan, pass Vanessa [a], Laser Cruster [a], FAXX [a], and Sense 2007 [h].

vladgd

« Reply #542 on: June 09, 2008, 04:52:49 PM »
yeah son, gold is pretty kick ass, you are going to gasm over it.

also

100% pass on blind justice [a]

i fail to recall why this song gave me any problems, maby it was because i didn't move my hands fast enough.

*edit*

what what what, two 11's in one post?  i think yes

scorpion fire [h] B

fuck yeah!

*edit*

also, milk chan, why sense 2007 [h]?

the only part that really gets me is the last 3 or so seconds, and for you, it would hardly be an accomplishment, having beaten holic [a] and all.

AND AND AND FAXX [a] literally feels like a 10*, if the bpm changes weren't so fucking stupid, i can confidently say i could pass it.

*edit* k im done for the day, with a third 11

the shadow [a]

HU-RA!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 05:22:53 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #543 on: June 09, 2008, 06:03:13 PM »
AND AND AND FAXX [a] literally feels like a 10*, if the bpm changes weren't so fucking stupid, i can confidently say i could pass it.

It looks like a 10, and this is coming from someone who's never passed an 11.  The BPM changes make me *facepalm* though.

Oh, then there's FAXX [n].  WHY did they rate that an 8?  My roommate (who can only pass 2's) watched me play and even he said that it didn't look even close to an 8, even with the BPM changes.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #544 on: June 09, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »
who can only pass 2's

I've never understood how people could be that bad and not improve over some length of time playing. I've got friends who play stepmania who simply cannot seem to get good enough to play paddable heavy steps on the keyboard :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #545 on: June 09, 2008, 07:09:46 PM »
maby he, you know, hasn't played much.

its not like spectere said "my roommate who has played iidx his entire life (who can only pass 2's btw) can pass this song"

ohh and aside from the easy piano scales(in the another chart), i can't much tell the differance bewteen FAXX [h] and FAXX [a]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:24:16 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #546 on: June 09, 2008, 10:52:08 PM »
maby he, you know, hasn't played much.

Exactly.  He's only played twice.

Actually, I take that back.  He did pass one 3* because he loved the song so much that he whored it for an hour straight after waking up. XD

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #547 on: June 10, 2008, 08:02:39 AM »
Ouch, an hour to pas it :/

I'm just speaking because I'm so used to picking up rhythm games pretty quickly, and when people suck miserably and don't get any better over time, it just amazes me, because I don't really understand how that's possible.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #548 on: June 10, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »
i failed 5.1.1 [n] multiple times when i started.

matter of fact, i HAD to use beginner mode, because getting used to the damn controller was difficult.

it took me a while to get out of beginner mode, sorry sir, but some people just can't pick up new things as quickly as you can.  its a fact you have to learn to accept nigga.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #549 on: June 10, 2008, 02:40:23 PM »
Also, if you don't regularly play music games (like my friend) you're not going to start off on a very high level.  Most of his problem with IIDX is timing.  He's used to ITG, Rock Band, and Guitar Hero-style timing windows and has trouble adjusting to IIDX's mind-numbingly small window.

As for first times, the first time I played any sort of beatmania, I was passing 3's and 4's on a beatmania III 7thMix.  Other people in the arcade accused me of lying when I said it was my first time playing it. :P  The first time I played IIDX, I passed a 6.  i r awesum

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 10, 2008, 05:17:10 PM »
My first two songs that pissed me off when I started were 321 Stars 5k and Bad boy bass [n]. I used to think bbb was impossible lol...Now i've pretty much given up any hope i've had on passing Kagonotori [a] anytime soon. Working on Solid state squad now since the end is cake if you can get by without breaking combo too much.

Ok here's a pretty crappy run on Happy Sky's 9-Dan...

Depsite sucking on it, I had a pretty good run on Inazuma :).

2 DAYS!!! Can't wait to play gold.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 05:29:29 PM by Milk Chan »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #551 on: June 11, 2008, 07:07:11 AM »
Most of his problem with IIDX is timing.

That, I can understand. Still, having played other music games, he should be able to feel something about the timing window. I can tell, after playing for a very short amount of time, how tight a window in any game is. Maybe 30 seconds, and I have a pretty clear understanding of the timings. Adjusting to it can be a major problem though.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #552 on: June 11, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »
why are lion musashi songs more difficult than they are rated?

the lion musashi song on gold is like "HEY I HOPE YOU LIKE HARD RANDOM CLUSTERS OF FAIL"

also candy galy [h] defies what normally applies to me

ive passed it ONCE, but GOD DAMN the second half of the song is EASY PATTERNS....only REALLY FUCKING FAST, like, the scales in the middle(at the same speed mind you) of some of those patterns are EASIER because it mixes up blue and white rather than "lots of white, lots of blue, lots of white, ect"

but its a risk junk song, so "happy and speed" is expected
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 05:35:04 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #553 on: June 11, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »
why are lion musashi songs more difficult than they are rated?

It's not that the charts themselves are more difficult, it's that the songs are so bad that they make you want to kill yourself with the IIDX controller.

That, I can understand. Still, having played other music games, he should be able to feel something about the timing window. I can tell, after playing for a very short amount of time, how tight a window in any game is. Maybe 30 seconds, and I have a pretty clear understanding of the timings. Adjusting to it can be a major problem though.

He doesn't play music games that often, only very rarely.  Certainly not enough to be able to easily adjust to a 10ms-ish timing window without a due amount of difficulty.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #554 on: June 11, 2008, 10:24:31 PM »
As I said, adjusting can be a problem, but understanding that the timing is intense and trying to adjust, can help somewhat. I nearly went insane when I played BMUS the first time, due to the batshit insane timing windows, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x