Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 355158 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #555 on: June 12, 2008, 01:41:15 AM »
OH YEAH, I was like 10-15 seconds from passing Quasar on pad yesterday.

Maaaan, so close...
"This is a machine for making cows."

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 14, 2008, 03:49:56 AM »
K so UNFORTUNATELY I didn't get Gold :( (long story). BUT I did get 9th and 5PM Eternal [a] is impossible to sightread.

Got the 9th style OMES and beat its 10-Dan. Also Beyond the earth [a] is a really fun chart. One or eight [a] is hard, but I can probably manage with some practice.

As for Red, cleared my 6th 12, A [a] random. Still cant clear gigadelic 7k (fall into the 30s) or Fake time 7k (60-70 consistently) but ive cleared everything else on 7k and a few more stuffs on [a] I used to think impossible like murmur twins and DXY!.

Now good news is I will be getting Gold still since im getting a dvd burner :x.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 03:51:27 AM by Milk Chan »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #557 on: June 14, 2008, 03:52:55 AM »
K so UNFORTUNATELY I didn't get Gold :( (long story).

Whaaaaaaaaaat :(

Why dat?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #558 on: June 14, 2008, 07:50:37 AM »
K so UNFORTUNATELY I didn't get Gold :( (long story).

We have time. You need to write more TL;DR's. Vlad and I shouldn't hold a monopoly on those things.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »
Not so much a long story as a I didn't feel like typing it last night.

Anyways the guy lost the copy on a transferring bus to the place where we were meeting. He said he could burn another though but i'd rather just get a dvd burner since I was gonna after I got gold anyways.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #560 on: June 16, 2008, 04:38:59 AM »
Oh yeah, I passed Je'Taime Pro from MGD2 on ITG2 the other day with some.crappy%.  190bpm 16th runs liek wut.

I also got about eight measures further in Quasar. :D

The beginning of FAXX heavy is also amazingly fun.  Too bad the rest of the chart (read: slowdown and on, except for the slow 24th runs) fucking suck.  I need to make an edit for that shit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 04:40:30 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #561 on: June 16, 2008, 07:54:52 AM »
You need to make a video of you playing quasar.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #562 on: June 16, 2008, 08:03:42 AM »
Yeah, I was planning on bringing my video camera along next time I play it.  Hopefully I can pass it before I move back to Ohio, because the machine here is infinitely better than any of the ones around here (it's one of those quality vs. quantity issues, it seems, heh).

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 17, 2008, 01:20:55 AM »
My dad has GH3 so ive been playing it since last Saturday so I can get good at it (its a useful skill to have these days I guess lol) and since I don't have a decent IIDX setup over here.

So far beat Medium in career mode with mostly 4*s and 5*s (first couple tiers have 3*s since I wasn't used to the blue fret yet). Now im working on hard and most of my scores are 3*s and only 4 have 4*s. Orange fret is really annoying.

Now im stuck at tier 7 on hard where it basically went from managable sightreading to wtf is this shit.

Practicing the 2nd solo on rock you like a hurricane hard helped a lot, same with my name is jonas. I think i'll start practicing Cherub rock now since its an easy song with trichords.

Also rofl at people that say OMG DO DRAGONFORCE ON EXPERT ON HYPERSPEED 5 ITS IMPOSSIBLE. Well its no more impossible to me than it was without hs5...which actually makes it way easier to read (im playing everything on HS4).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:22:37 AM by Milk Chan »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #564 on: June 17, 2008, 03:30:04 AM »
I could never get used to hyperspeed, despite the fact that there's a speed change somewhere between medium and expert (I forget exactly where it occurs, but play 1 song in expert then one in medium and you will see a difference).

I've played through TTFATF expert on pro faceoff and got something like 86% of notes hit. If it wasn't for that retarded shit at the beginning, I might be able to pass it sometime.

My Name is Jonas is so damn fun on expert. So is Rock You Like a Hurricane.

Oh, and I would encourage you to just keep trying to get used to the orange. It does take a bit of time, but if you don't try, you'll never get used to it (though I guess you may already know that anyway, lol. I'm too used to lecturing people who don't play music games on how to improve).

Just play stuff you suck at/fail until you begin to notice you suck slightly less at them, and then go back and play some easy shit, and watch your scores improve drastically. That happens to a LOT of people in GH, because once you've gotten used to failing stuff too hard for you, if you go back to the easier stuff, you'll notice that it's a lot easier than you thought.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 17, 2008, 04:12:32 AM »
Ill go back to it tomorrow or a couple of days. Working on getting No. 13 unlocked on 9th style.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 18, 2008, 12:42:42 AM »
IIDX stuff:
-Cleared all 9th style 7k
-Cleared No. 13 [a] first try

GH stuff:
-First Hard 5*- Rock you like a hurricane
-Beat Hard tier 7...KoC was a pain and I had to tap at the triplet part. Tier 8 is impossible so far :/.
-Started Expert career and only did 3 songs in tier 1 right now. One of them is a 4* (Hit me with your best shot) :).

vladgd

« Reply #567 on: June 18, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
pass laser cruster [h]

another 11 down

*edit*

around 20% fail on both no 13 [a] and kamitachi [a]

both songs i started up, and instantly quit due to "OMFG CANT READ" i could do rather well on, playing on the 40-50(it looks 50, but it could be 40, i don't care to measure) inch STANDARD definition tv down stairs.  however, im so used to the -2 timing on my hdtv, that +0 on the standard felt off to me, so +1 seemed to fix that.

anyway, i gotta quit playing iidx on an hdtv, its holding me down!

i guess the other thing is i play lower than the tv(i have a low chair, close to the ground), when playing when sitting up at an equal level to the monitor, it is easier, for me anyway. 

so i need to configure my room iidx setup a bit better.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:44:56 PM by vladgd »

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 19, 2008, 03:09:03 AM »
5* My name is jonas hard

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #569 on: June 21, 2008, 02:37:37 AM »
FINALLY CLEARED ALL THE 6B CHARTS ON DJ MAX PORTABLE 2 NORMAL.  Ugh, WhiteBlue [NX] and My Alias [NX] can both suck my dick.

Basically that leaves me with the 8B charts that I can't clear and the mission mode stuff.  Joyous.