Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 355119 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #660 on: October 09, 2008, 03:48:07 AM »
Randomly passed MAX 300 [h] in IIDX somehow.  It seemed strangely easy tonight. :x
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 11, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »
It's one of those songs that, after a while, just kind of clicks. There's one part that annoys me still but the rest of the song's really easy with the better speed mods we have now.

Hooray for Rock Band 2 accomplishments

97% GS Green Grass & High Tides Expert Guitar
99% GS Love Spreads Expert Vocals (song is by Stone Roses) (#8 on the leaderboards with a few screwups and without a perfect OD path so I could easily get #1 I think)
99% GS Gone Away (Offspring) Expert Vocals
99% GS Pretty Fly (Offspring) Expert Vocals

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 11, 2008, 11:01:17 PM »
Recently downloaded MGD3 and I am doing rather well.

For some odd reason I can read "12"s really well now.  However some songs that are more my skill level I am missing anywhere from 2-5 notes. >:<

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #663 on: October 18, 2008, 02:13:22 AM »
Passed Contract [7H] earlier...not sure why I was having so much trouble with it.

AAA'd and hard perfect cleared I Was The One [7A].  Easy and fun, but I don't know for the life of me how I suddenly was able to PC the ending.

I hate Ganymede [7H].

Said "what the hell did I just play?" at least six times.

Upped a bunch of scores by between +60-80 EX points, including Presto [7H] and a few others.  Not sure where the sudden burst of semi-awesome came from but I don't mind it one bit.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 20, 2008, 02:53:35 AM »
All IIDX 10th L7 AAA'd. Funny enough Innocent walls was easier to AAA than Take it easy.

Other than that not much else. Cleared Sense 2007 [a] again with an A this time which was good and that's about it. Working my way down to the earlier styles till I have all songs cleared that I can clear. Goal now is for 1000 AAAs (at around 550 near 560).

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:07:07 AM by Milk Chan »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 20, 2008, 04:18:05 AM »
I'm lovin on IIDX gold. I've been playing the songs in order, starting with level 5 L7's. I've passed all those, and am moving through level 6's. I've come across one tougher song that I think I may have trouble in [forgot the name]. Hopefully there isn't too much of a wall for me though.. :(

I consider IIDX games much more enjoyable/replayable than ANY guitar hero I've owned/played, and i feel Rock band is mostly a party game, albeit fun. Guitar hero, once you've beaten Devil Went Down to Georgia on expert, eh.

I've replayed it for funsies, upping my high scores, etc. Or to show friends the game. Other than that I never really touch them.  Now IIDX on the other hand, I'll be working on for quite a while. It's a completely different skill-set than GH, DDR, SM, etc. I love it.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #666 on: October 20, 2008, 03:18:09 PM »
So much more difficulty range, and so much more to master the game, is what I think makes IIDX like that. But I definitely agree there.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 20, 2008, 05:22:07 PM »
I like the music and gameplay. I find it fun unlocking gallery pics obtaining new items and songs and all that. Its entertaining and not overly involved at the same time. DDR used to be like that and they should really consider going back to a simple unlock system again.

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 20, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »
passed Cackletta's Soul Battle (Insane), the TERRA DDR (Marathon), Scatman (Insane), Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Insane) in osu! and have the #8 score for ^.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #669 on: October 21, 2008, 12:47:17 AM »
I like the music and gameplay. I find it fun unlocking gallery pics obtaining new items and songs and all that. Its entertaining and not overly involved at the same time. DDR used to be like that and they should really consider going back to a simple unlock system again.

I hate most unlock systems. I like systems like the GH money system, where as long as you don't blow chunks, you can generally unlock damn near everything with something that's pretty easy to get. I hate games that require you to do insanely good on something, or anything like that (Usually because I can never get good enough to unlock that thing).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #670 on: October 21, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
I hate most unlock systems. I like systems like the GH money system, where as long as you don't blow chunks, you can generally unlock damn near everything with something that's pretty easy to get. I hate games that require you to do insanely good on something, or anything like that (Usually because I can never get good enough to unlock that thing).

Sounds like you'd like Mungyodance 3's unlock system.  Every three songs you get to pick what you want to unlock.

Definitely agreed as far as unlock systems go, though.  I can't stand systems that require you to play a bazillion songs or ones that require you to be godlike in order to unlock everything (like IIDX tends to do...ugh).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #671 on: October 21, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »
I mean, some games can pull it off fairly well (the smash brothers games tend to be ok) but even those have some pretty difficult requirements for some of the unlocks.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 22, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »
I recently got a 93.43 on Oasis Hard on a sight read.

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 22, 2008, 10:50:15 PM »
The ultimate gaming accomplishment....playing Breaking Point and ending with 00.01%...I should have taken a picture but I was too stoked to even remember.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #674 on: October 23, 2008, 06:20:39 AM »
I got pretty good at the Rockband drums in a surprisingly short amount of time over the past couple months. I don't really keep track of scores, but I got something around 88% on Spoonman. I also passed Tom Sawyer with a mid-80's percentage my first time :D Oh and this is on expert.

*is proud of self*
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx