Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 354941 times)

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #705 on: December 17, 2008, 12:21:18 PM »
Fixed for me...damn that Satch Boogie is a pain...it's harder than batin'...nice practice though.

Only song I've yet to 5 star in all of GH is Jordan...now that the outlook on the buttons on the screen changed since GH3 I don't think I'll ever be able to.

Yeah, Satch Boogie is a pain with that solo, but also, I don't have the world tour guitar, so I have no slider to use (Which I hear is WAYYYYY easier than the buttons) So I try and nail that solo with the buttons. Also, I've beaten Jordan like, twice I think, and i'll never play that song again unless it comes out for a downloadable song for GH3 or something, because the hammer-on/pull-offs in GH2 are absolute crap.

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
Yeah, Satch Boogie is a pain with that solo, but also, I don't have the world tour guitar, so I have no slider to use (Which I hear is WAYYYYY easier than the buttons) So I try and nail that solo with the buttons. Also, I've beaten Jordan like, twice I think, and i'll never play that song again unless it comes out for a downloadable song for GH3 or something, because the hammer-on/pull-offs in GH2 are absolute crap.

Same here...I got the guitar but I use the GH2 guitar still...my mom uses the world tour one (yes, she plays...but on easy).  The h-o/p-o's have always been crap but they greatly increased in numbers for the harder songs...the only reason I ever had trouble with jordan was not because of them, but because even on hyperspeed the notes are still soooo close together.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »
I can't read shit on hyperspeed, lol. I've done pretty well on jordan, except for some of the ridiculous sections, which were instadeath in most cases. If I still had GH2 (it's on loan and likely never gonna get returned, thanks to my retarded brother), I'd love to get back into play GH more and see how well I could do on it now.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 24, 2008, 02:19:22 PM »
Icarus [a]- A:

Time to air [a]- AA (i'll go for a AAA soon):

Dazzlin' darlin [a]- AAA (95 or 96%):

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 14, 2009, 12:46:47 AM »
-Normal Clear Blue mirage [a]
-Normal Clear One more lovely [a]
-Normal Clear Scorpion fire [a]

Also a bunch of mid-high AAs on random 11s and Kagonotori [a].

All this shit happened after I was bitching about how I can't pass black [a] 12s.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:44:39 AM by Milk Chan »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #710 on: January 14, 2009, 12:57:12 AM »
Damn. O.O  Nice work!
"This is a machine for making cows."

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 14, 2009, 01:47:54 AM »
Thanks. I gotta start working on a Fake time [a] and Mei [a] clear now (which will take forever ;_;).

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 14, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »
-Easy clear quell [a] with an A
-Normal clear flowers with an A
-AAA Fake time 7k

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 04, 2009, 11:47:53 PM »
-Cleared Vox up [a] with an A

and...

ITS FINALLY OVER! MEI [a] CLEAR FUCK YEAH!

Crazy how just a year ago I wasn't even an 8-Dan yet and just starting to attempt 11s...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:03:11 AM by Milk Chan »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #714 on: February 05, 2009, 12:37:41 PM »
Crazy how just a year ago I wasn't even an 8-Dan yet and just starting to attempt 11s...

How long ago did you actually start playing IIDX anyway? You've proven that this game really doesn't take that long for some peple to get amazing at, lol. Then again, you've always been like that.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 05, 2009, 05:07:53 PM »
How long ago did you actually start playing IIDX anyway? You've proven that this game really doesn't take that long for some peple to get amazing at, lol. Then again, you've always been like that.

I started the day after BMUS came out, so about 3 years ago now. But I only count it as 2 because there was a year I didn't play it at all because I couldn't pass 7s and got super frustrated, but came back Summer 07 and went from there.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #716 on: February 05, 2009, 07:08:49 PM »
Yeah, you prove it really doesn't take long for some people to get really good. I'm still stuck at kinda sucking.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 23, 2009, 01:37:33 AM »
I played a shitton. I don't play much now I wanted to get a score one very chart on vjarmy and I did now I just have cleaning up to do on some styles which I do about 10 songs maybe once every week and a half?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #718 on: March 23, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »
It sounds like you were doing it less for fun and more to get a personal accomplishment :/

I play games like stepmania and IIDX for fun, not to try to get some sort of accomplishment. Sure, I've worked towards certain accomplishments, but that was because I found it fun to try and see if I could actually manage something (like when I went from being unable to clear Reality to being able to regularly clear it).

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 24, 2009, 12:52:20 AM »
Nah I play for fun a lot after I get my goals accomplished. I haven't taken the game nearly as seriously as I have before playing all the stuff. Im mostly just dicking around on 11s and such.