Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 355018 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #720 on: March 24, 2009, 05:42:50 AM »
Still, sounds like it was kinda really a pain when you were going for the accomplishment. I mean, that is pretty damn impressive, but I've never been able to do crap like that. I'm not gonna do something that just isn't fun (like playing every really easy notechart in the game) unless I'm gonna get something decent out of it. (I hate unlocking shit that just requires you do have played everything, and crap like that.)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 24, 2009, 05:22:12 PM »
I pretty much hated myself when I set goals. I can't play No.13 anymore because I played it too much when that was my goal. I played One or Eight too much when the Another was my first 12. It just made the game boring to me.

I really wanted to get a score in for everything, but honestly, the upper level stuff isn't fun for me at all anymore so putting scores in for some stuff (guh Blue Mirage) would just be a chore.

I really haven't even played IIDX for a while though. I unlocked everything in Troopers pretty quickly but I kind of lost interest again. I'd really really rather have a new Pop'n CS just because the game's so easy to time that I don't have to think about scoring at all.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #722 on: March 24, 2009, 05:48:44 PM »
lol, I'd love to get into popn, but it's really hard to get into :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 26, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »
I thought it was by far the easiest of all the Bemani games to get into that isn't DDR. You pretty much just shut yourself up when it comes to judging based on what the genre is or anything else and just play everything regardless of what you think of it. Then you realize that everything is awesome and the game is really fun.

I should really buy a keyboard stand for my ASC so I wouldn't have to do this ridiculous thing with the center part of a table over the top of my other little table with a towel wrapped around and held down by books so that I can actually have something wide enough to place it on. I'd probably play a LOT more if I did that.

And like I said, a new game would do WONDERS. But now we're looking at Pop'n 17 in arcades and we haven't even gotten 15CS. And 15 is so good ;_;

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #724 on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:11 PM »
I think he might be referring more to getting the game and controller than actually playing.  Since there was no American release, getting even a mini Pop'n controller can prove to be expensive.

Pop'n is very easy to get started with.  The 5-key mode is fun, very accessible, and helps you get used to the controller enough that it makes 9-key a bit easier to swallow.

I'd play Pop'n more, but I need to replace one of the microswitches in the Ransai.  The right-most white button is extremely meh.  I could try taking all of them apart, checking all of the contacts and metal pieces, and putting it back together, but I've already done that enough times that it's definitely not going to be a long-term fix. :p
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #725 on: March 27, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »
Yeah, I was referring to actually getting the game and controller. Popn controllers are not cheap :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

K-Mann

« Reply #726 on: March 28, 2009, 02:18:34 PM »
I don't even have Troopers yet. I really want to get it. I put my TV at the foot of my bed now, so I have a comfortable place/way to play, so I think I'll be playing alot more often. Which means scores!

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 04, 2009, 06:33:10 AM »
Played GH2 for the first time in like a year. 5* Carry Me Home and Less Talk More Rokk.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MooMan1

• TEXT
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 30, 2009, 10:07:48 PM »
No relevance to anything, but what's the hold-up with SM4? IIRC it started development when a0 was still up :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #729 on: May 01, 2009, 12:54:47 AM »
Well, SM's code is apparently terrible, according to spectere. Maintaining terrible code is always going to slow things down. Plus, I don't think the development has many people seriously working on it.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 05, 2009, 02:29:06 PM »
Yeah stepmania died back in like 06-07 the only people that seriously play now are vibrators.

New IIDX score. This took forever to AAA and ended up being my first 11* FC as well :):

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 07, 2009, 02:22:28 AM »
vely rovrey
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 07, 2009, 03:25:13 PM »
1 h4z 5k1iiz....finally

Light Emitting Diode X

Summer ~Speedy Mix~

Pandy!!!

I would have also had V^2 if I hadn't messed up on the mine run...and yes, I did pandy as first round the next set right after passing Summer.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #733 on: June 08, 2009, 07:45:43 AM »

Fucking finally.

Fucking christ this song is hard. But amazingly awesome. Some of the Miss/Boo/Good/Greats are BS because for some reason my X/Down key likes to randomly lag on triples and quads.. Only sometimes, but enough to cause a good number of BS scores, especially on a file that has so damn many triples and quads.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 27, 2009, 02:33:20 AM »
Umm I beat Kaiden a couple months back lol

EDIT: FAXX [h] AAA :).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:21:20 PM by Milk Chan »