Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 350381 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #765 on: March 23, 2010, 09:19:59 AM »
I managed to 100% a song on DJ hero :P On Medium, lol. Mind you, I was drunk at the time.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 23, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »
Speaking of DJ Hero, I totally forgot. Did this af ewmonths back, but 5 starred every song on DJ hero on Expert. Now i'm waiting for a second one to come out, lol.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 09, 2010, 05:09:25 AM »
Speaking of DJ Hero, I totally forgot. Did this af ewmonths back, but 5 starred every song on DJ hero on Expert. Now i'm waiting for a second one to come out, lol.

ughhhhh good job I still have 10 songs left to 5* (8 arr 4*s and 2 are 3*s...im pretty sure you can guess which 2 those are heh)

Also I still can't get one 5* in the DJ Shadow Presents setlist.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #768 on: June 09, 2010, 08:16:58 AM »

Man, nice. I'm still struggling to get good enough to more than 1* groundhog and elements of life on hard. It feels like there's a lot of lag on fast button presses, which really makes it harder for me. By all rights I should be able to do better, since I have gotten as good as I have at o2jam/stepmania.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 09, 2010, 03:17:15 PM »
Yeah, and you know why? Because of the stupid fucking wireless. Wireless is awful for music/rythm games....When theres fast button pressing, it doesn't register, and it's annoying as fuck. They need to keep wired controllers as an option. Not to mention these tv's now-a-days with the delay and shit. Thats why i still play it on an older tuber tv, fine with me.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #770 on: June 09, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »
Well, the scratching seems to have less lag for me than the buttons, but finally, someone agrees with me. I've been blaming wireless since the first wireless guitars came out, and nobody believed me, despite the fact that I understand that there HAS to be some small lag inherent with using wireless, which could easily be made much larger by cheap/shitty wireless stuff, or poor coding.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 09, 2010, 08:27:20 PM »
Man, nice. I'm still struggling to get good enough to more than 1* groundhog and elements of life on hard. It feels like there's a lot of lag on fast button presses, which really makes it harder for me. By all rights I should be able to do better, since I have gotten as good as I have at o2jam/stepmania.

whattt how can you struggle with elements of life you shouldn't have any problems with it D:

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #772 on: June 09, 2010, 09:35:25 PM »
Well, the hardest part is the damn 12321232123 shit later on. It's just too fast for me to accurately hit the notes, thanks to the terrible wireless lag, and the fact that those buttons are harder to press than I'd like.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #773 on: July 09, 2010, 12:55:16 AM »
So, I've been playing me some eye eye dee eks recently, thanks to getting my ps2 back in working order. (thank god the PS3's componant cable is backwards compatible). Apparently I'm a 4th dan in Gold. I've gotten to the point where I can pass a couple 9's with Bs and Cs, and I can A a lot of the easier stuff (I think around 6 is where I start having trouble Aing songs). I can pass Quasar Hyper, among others (damn fun song).

But there are some things I'm really having trouble with. For example, I fail miserably at anything with a scratch and the first 2 black notes. And I usually fail pretty hard at anything with a scratch and the second white, if there's crap that my right hand has to do, preventing me from hitting the white note with my right hand :/

I really need to learn to use my thumbs, and my right pinky (I'm playing in the 1p position, so my left pinky does the scratching.)

I'm decent at scratching, thanks to DJ hero, lol. I still can't pass anything with bullshit scratches though.

Late EDIT: It's Distorted, not Gold. But I have Gold too.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:48:54 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #774 on: July 11, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
I still can't pass anything with bullshit scratches though.

I'm Checkin' You Out.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #775 on: July 20, 2010, 12:58:20 PM »
First time playing this song in years. WTF, how did I get that good at long-ass songs? I can't AAA shit, and then I get that. That is some seriously badass score, for me.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #776 on: July 23, 2010, 12:43:54 AM »
Meh, people have been talking about StepMania, so I felt compelled to play it tonight.  The last time I played was some time in mid-2009, so it's definitely been a while.  Let's do something easy like...Shind Bad.

OW FUCK MY WRISTS MY ARMS OH GOD FUCK IT HUUUUUUURTS.

Still, better than I thought I'd do (most of the nasties were at the end run when ow pain started).  It's no 20-30 perfect AAA like I used to be able to get on it, but hey, it's something.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #777 on: July 23, 2010, 01:01:40 AM »
At least you could get a AAA on it. I can't :/

Also, your image appears to be broken. Or more precisely, http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9656/screen00001c.jpg is not loading for me.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #778 on: July 23, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
Nah, it's fine.  ImageShack was probably taking a dump when you went to look at it.

Anyway, in case you can't see it, here's what I got:

Modifier: C650
Grade: AA

Marvelous: 1245
Perfect: 95
Great: 8
Good: 2
Barely: 0
Miss: 2
OK: 9

Score: 197142252

One thing that I did realize is that leaving StepMania in full screen on a 26" LCD screen is a bad idea.  Between the sheer size of the arrows and the slight blur that you get, you get kind of a strange double-vision effect.  I improved my scores drastically by just throwing SM into a 1440x900 window.  Meh.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #779 on: July 23, 2010, 12:01:53 PM »
Lo, I run it at 800x600640x480 windowed. It's small, runs relatively fast, and everything is just the right size. If I was farther from the screen, I would me it bigger, but this close, I prefer it smaller.

Also, first AAA in a long time :P

And then I continued to fuck up every other song horribly.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:35:15 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x