Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 350374 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #795 on: June 20, 2011, 03:20:39 AM »
I passed Panic Attack expert on RB3 without using solo buttons.  I scored 186k and 4-starred it (two personal bests), despite my wrist feeling like it was on fire half-way through the solo.

I've found that I play significantly better on my Guitar Hero 2 controller.  The buttons are typically more responsive and the strum blows the RB guitar's strum away.  I think I'll start using that from now on, despite it being a bit more cramped compared to the longer RB guitar.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #796 on: June 20, 2011, 01:25:38 PM »
I've never liked the rock band controller :/ I prefer the oldschool wired GH2 controller over every other one out there. It's far more responsive and overall just feels the best...

I've been playing some Osu! lately....

Those are just the latest decent scores. I've got a couple scores ranked about 350 overall on a few songs.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #797 on: August 20, 2011, 06:06:27 AM »
Bump for epic awesome score:

I got my achievement for a 750+ combo on that, and that's the highest score I've ever gotten as well... And I still remember clearly when I died almost instantly on that song, too...

I might fraps the replay of that and post it sometime if I ever get unlazy :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #798 on: October 03, 2011, 10:54:38 PM »
Imgur album of my recent SM screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/O04rv

Imgur album of my recent Osu! screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/JIvrD

There are a lot more osu scores I like that I don't have screenshots of. Unlike SM it actually saves a record of your scores, and replays, so I don't have to screenshot every awesome score I get right away.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #799 on: December 20, 2011, 08:15:00 AM »
Quadruple post because you guys all suck. I finally recorded 2 videos of me playing osu. Excuse the shit quality, It took me forever to find something that would actually encode the videos, since my fullscreen resolution is 1366x768. The second video was actually the firt to be recorded. I originally tried recording at 30 FPS with the game framerate set to 60, but that kinda caused some framedrops since fraps was trying to record at a lower framerate than the game wanted to run at. I had already tried recording 30 FPS from setting the game to run at "120" fps (which actually leads to it running between 130 and 140 fps), but that was really bad because so many frames would be dropped. So I got smart and recorded the next one at 60 FPS (at the cost of the original fraps recording being 6+ GB lol.)

When I finally found a program that would encode the damned files I didn't spend much time actually tweaking the compression to get the most quality for the size, I was just happy to get something working. Next batch of videos will be better quality.

Renard - Why Am I So Angry

Nanamori-chu * Goraku-bu - My Pace de Ikimashou

Both of these are too hard for me to pass, so these are recordings of my best run on the songs in nofail.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:16:40 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #800 on: December 10, 2012, 07:50:21 PM »
I am disappointed. I leave for months and come back and my post is still the last one here T.T

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bobbias/videos?flow=grid&view=0 I have 7 videos up now.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #801 on: January 03, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »
Videos of me playing osu!mania. Also is this a new record for most consecutive posts in a thread?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #802 on: November 16, 2013, 12:00:03 AM »
You're still pretty damn good at Osu.

lso c-c-c-combo breaker or something.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #803 on: September 02, 2014, 12:42:14 AM »
Posted another osu!mania vid recently:
it's 4k, unlike my 7k stuff. My 7k skill has been stagnating lately, but my 4k has gotten better.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #804 on: January 19, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »
Let's start another combo I guess
You're still pretty damn good at Osu.

Not at the standard mode lol. Haven't played the standard mode seriously in like 2 years now or something.
Also, someone converted a crapload of BMS charts to 7k (effectively autoscratch, since he removed the scratch lane). This chart is an overjoy, and I somehow passed it. Osu!mania's life drain and timing are so much more lax than lr2 lel

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #805 on: June 30, 2015, 10:00:50 AM »
Continuing the combo I guess...

So, I decided to go back to Sm for a bit. Still playing much worse than I would in o!m, but I can do this now:

EDIT:

Finally got an AAA:

EDIT2:

Scores like this happen way too often:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:54:11 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #806 on: July 16, 2015, 11:47:09 PM »
AAA'd Lion Suki out of the blue earlier (played it once and got a 1065 Ex score, which is a AA, then played it again and pushed that up by 40 points to 1105, which is a pretty decent AAA). Not entirely sure where that came from, but I'll take it!

Managed to hard clear my first 10 (Beyond the Earth [7K]). It's fairly easy as far as 10s go, but it still counts, dammit! I managed to bruise my left middle finger during the ending. Still hurts if I rub or bend it the wrong way. Totally worth it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #807 on: July 17, 2015, 03:29:47 AM »
So you are still playing rhythm games! That bruised finger must suck lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #808 on: July 17, 2015, 01:15:06 PM »
Hell yeah I am! I still play StepMania every now and then (generally pad; keyboard play got kinda stale for me), a little bit of O2Jam here and there, and I got back into IIDX big time recently.

I haven't really posted anything here because, up until recently, I've just been getting up to my former stamina/skill level. After obliterating some of my high scores from several years ago, however, I think it's a good time to brag a little. ;)

On a related note, here's my Solid State Squad profile: http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/viewuser.php?user=660

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #809 on: July 17, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »
I tried going back to o2jam, but I can't read shit there now, and I just don't have the patience to play easy stuff for ages until I learn to read that game properly again. I've had tons of people tell me to get lr2, but I'd play everything with autoscratch... and I don't have the patience to learn lr2 and how to use the related sites like stairway/etc.

Made the switch back to SM mostly because I knew I could pick it up quickly and I felt like a change from the osu!mania I'd been playing. There are some issues in osu!mania right now. Namely the fact that 7k maps are rare as shit now. So I figured I'd rather play SM if I'm going to be stuck playing 4k.

On the other hand, I don't plan on leaving o!m completely, because I've actually started trying to make my own maps there, and I don't plan on learning how to use stepmania or ddream to make charts for SM.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:15:01 PM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x