Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 350484 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #870 on: March 06, 2016, 08:30:52 PM »
Got my first arcade AAA in IIDX today: Turning the Motor Over [SPA]. My scores have been gradually increasing over the past few months, though I still don't consider myself entirely used to it. It honestly kind of feels like modern AC timing is a bit more accurate, while CS (and older AC) timing had a bit of an early bias.

Aside from that, I finally got DJMax Trilogy set up on my FP7s. Additionally, I'm also playing it on an XP system with direct audio out (i.e. proper DirectSound support, no potential for HDMI audio delay) so there's no perceivable lag and the buttons themselves, naturally, feel amazing. I ended up getting a 99.0% average on my first run through For The Ikarus [6K], which I believe is better than my old score on Portable 2. Still not comfortable reading 8K, but I'm working on it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #871 on: May 11, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »
So now I can pass a couple of 11s (Miracle Meets SPA and Fascination Maxx SPH) and have cleared my first Leggendaria chart (Chrono Seeker -Fragment-). I also racked up 6 or 7 more arcade AAAs (including Ballad For You on all difficulties because Thomas Howard), so that's definitely a thing now. Last but not least, I managed to clear 5.1.1. SPA somehow or another.

I'm steadily getting better at doubles as well and can reliably pass newer 6s and some 7s. War Game DPH in particular is fun as hell (and I'm shockingly close to a FC on it).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #872 on: December 18, 2016, 12:48:21 AM »
Today I passed a motherfucking 12 on IIDX (Innocent Walls SPH). On an arcade machine, no less! Suffice it to say, I just ordered a bunch of parts to (hopefully!) make my home controller feel more like a worn in arcade cabinet. :P

I think I might be able to clear 8th Dan as well. My forearms were far too worn out to actually do it tonight, though (the arcade machine is at the absolute wrong height for me).

I'm also up to 8 11s now. Since my last post, I've gotten the following:

嘆きの樹 [SPH]
Elisha [SPA]
Checking You Out [SPA]
灼熱Pt.2 Long Train Running [SPH]
Clione† (first try! Shockingly easy for a Leggendaria chart)
ピアノ協奏曲第1番"蠍火" [SPH]

I've made quite a bit of progress these past few months. Getting past the plateau that I left off with took quite a bit of effort, but consistency and a little bit of boldness has been doing wonders so far.

It helps that IIDX gained a ton of nice quality of life features over the years. The older games (even the latest console titles) seem downright archaic nowadays.

Kraezymann

« Reply #873 on: December 18, 2016, 08:48:58 PM »
Photongenic on 9th at a rate either too fast or too slow RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #874 on: January 06, 2017, 09:08:13 AM »
I passed my 10th 11 in IIDX last night. Since I'm now in the double digits I see no reason to keep count anymore. :P

(For the curious, #9 was 全力 SPECIAL VACATION!! ~限りある休日~ [SPA] and #10 was Kailua (HCN Ver.) [SPA]--hell charge notes are OP)

I also passed The Dirty of Loudness [SPH]. That was pretty satisfying.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:10:20 AM by Spectere »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #875 on: January 30, 2017, 11:12:05 AM »
I can now consistently pass 5.1.1. [10* SPA] (and I was able to hard clear it). I never thought I'd even be able to pass that. I also hard cleared (and A'd!) 冥 [10* SPH]. I also AA'd bloomin' feeling [9* SPH]. Less than a year ago I couldn't even normal clear it (I went from barely clearing 6th Dan to coming frustratingly close to clearing 8th Dan).

A few more first-time clears that I've gotten in my last few play sessions are å°‘å¹´A [10* SPH], Ãœbertreffen [10* SPH], 3y3s [10* SPH], and Candy Galy [10* SPH]. Additionally, I managed to clear Red. by Full Metal Jacket [10* SPH] one-handed.

Oh, and...uh, this happened:

Apparently Hidden+ reaaaaaaally fucks with my timing (I can consistently AA quasar SPH normally). Also, A-Clear, because I'm not at all used to P2 side.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #876 on: February 06, 2017, 04:20:52 AM »
Dude, nice scores.

Dunno if you're familliar with this BMS chart, but i passed this in osu!mania (it's a 7k conversion, so no scratch, but it's still pretty hard due to jacks all over)

Couldn't find a video without random, but I'm pretty sure this is the difficulty I played.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #877 on: February 07, 2017, 12:25:34 AM »
I'm not really familiar with any BMS charts. Sorry! :s A lot of that is admittedly due to laziness, as in being too lazy to get LR2 set up when IIDX runs perfectly fine. :P

But yeah, nice job! I'd say that'd be at least a solid 11/12 in IIDX. That ending would probably push it into 12 territory, because...damn.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #878 on: February 07, 2017, 05:12:52 AM »
Yeah, the actual spam at the end is a stair, left to right, but inverted, so it's a huge chordmash. I couldn't believe I survived it, even on HP7, which is fairly lenient. Osu!mania is mostly way easier than LR2 (now HP numbers scale by the 0.1, so there's more options at the high end between HP10 and HP9, which is nice because HP10 is I think actually more difficult than hard guage (if not, it's close)), but even at that low HP I am not good at chordmashes. No wrist jack skill :<

Today I got a couple decent scores, and nearly beat my PB on this chart: BMS (Musical Masterpiece) - MANIERA [Insane] (this is the THIRD hardest difficulty in this beatmap lol)

Also, I think this score was actually numerically better than my best IIRC, but it's got a lower score because of how combo breaks affect score (they effectively reduce the value of notes after a combo break, but allow you to slowly build back up by hitting the top 2 judgements, effectively meaning a score with misses clustered together suffers less than a score where they were spread across the whole song)

EDIT: above picture because visibility. I just replaced my midrange phone with a Galaxy S7 and can play rhythm games properly on it now, so I've started playing Deemo/Voez/Cytus, and just re-downloaded djmax technica q and o2jam u, because why not. Still suck at them though. Also, you should check out https://www.youtube.com/user/wasdx100 for some BMS autoplay videos and shit if you're ever interested in just looking at some charts and checking out the music. There's some cool stuff on there.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:21:34 AM by Bobbias »

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #879 on: February 09, 2017, 03:17:52 PM »
Chord mashes basically suck in general. That's one of the largest barriers for me in IIDX at the moment, though I am getting better at them (Miracle 5ympho X [SPA] is getting easier the more I play it, for example--I'm reaaaaally bloody close to 8th Dan on both Pendual and Copula).

Yeah, I went through a bunch of mobile rhythm games, too. :P One of the problems that I have with them is that the screen size is just too small, even on an iPad. I can barely pass 6/7s when I play Jubeat on my iPad (I have the iPad Air, so it's the middle-sized one) but I can pass 10s on the arcade. Same story with Reflec Beat, but not nearly as extreme.

Speaking of Technika Q, I really need to give GGPon's Technika 3 machine a bit more love. :s

That being said, games that are actually designed for mobile do tend to play well, Cytus and Tone Sphere being two notable examples (not sure if the latter is available on Android, but if it is I highly recommend giving it a shot).

Thanks for the link! I think it'll be a while before I'm at the point where I can do any serious overjoy charts, but I might be able to handle some of the easier ones.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #880 on: February 11, 2017, 02:04:57 AM »
To be fair, chord mashes are not really punishing in our due to the big timing windows (generally speaking, since the timing windows are scalable). But just being able to hit it well enough to survive was still a big surprise. But I like that passing is easy, because it means you've reached a milestone in skill, but have a long way to go before you get a good score. In iidx/lr2 you need to improve much more before you reach a pass.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 15, 2017, 03:12:11 AM »
I'm retired from rhythm vidya, but I still have my old stepmania scores folder.

quasar 1.5, probably one of my most memorable scores

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #882 on: June 11, 2017, 02:49:48 AM »
Played a ton of DDR today. I was able to play some 5th, 7th, Extreme, and even EuroMix 2!

I'm a bit out of shape (sprained my ankle a couple of months ago and am slowly getting my stamina back) but I did manage to SDG my favorite MAX2 license (I'm P1):

I haven't played that on an official DDR mix in yeaaaaaars, so I'm honestly kind of surprised.

I also managed 20 greats on Can't Stop Fallin' In Love (Speed Mix). Pretty far from my best (I think my PB is 6 greats?) but not bad considering the shape I'm currently in. :P Most of those greats happened when I was starting to get winded.

And, well...

Man, EuroMix 2 is a bit of a clusterfuck. It's clearly based on MAX2 (most of the theme remains intact) but they took out the mod menu in favor of codes that you enter on the pad. To make matters more ridiculous, they also changed it so that both players in versus have to play the same difficulty. It's not a bad mix, per se, but the UX issues make it unpleasant to play.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:51:57 AM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #883 on: June 11, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »
Eww, yeah that's pretty shitty design decisions there.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #884 on: June 12, 2017, 02:00:08 AM »
Yep. The part that I find particularly galling is that they actually had to remove features from the MAX2 engine in order to make it work like that. It's as if they underestimated the intelligence of their players and figured that they'd have manic freakouts if it differed too much from the first EuroMix (which I believe was based on either 3rd or 4th Mix--Saxxon and I didn't bother with that since we were eager to move onto MAX2, haha).

Gahhhh, I wish I had a machine. I definitely don't have enough room for one at my current place. <_<