Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 350371 times)

A2P

• View Profile
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #885 on: June 12, 2017, 01:20:05 PM »
Oh man, I wish they still had JUSTIFY MY LOVE on DDRA
Nice to see another memorable name though.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #886 on: June 12, 2017, 02:08:23 PM »
Modern DDR is nothing more than Konami writing ITG-style charts for IIDX/SDVX songs. We need more JUSTIFY MY LOVEs and NOTHING GONNA STOPs in the song list again.

Apparently doubles is pretty fun on DDRA, but I'm fat and out of shape. x.x
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #887 on: June 12, 2017, 08:05:19 PM »
I haven't played anything remotely close to recent DDR... But yeah, from the little bit I've heard I got the impression they were basically just using IIDX/SDVX songs. It's a shame, because I still have a soft spot for eurodance, and I can't stand most of the SDVX music.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #888 on: June 12, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »
See, I love SDVX, and I'd be receptive to them using SDVX songs, but I'm not crazy about a lot of the newer charts. I dunno, the older ones just jive with me a lot more.

And yeah, Eurodance (particularly Eurobeat) is just awesome. I can't think of a single Eurobeatdance-type song/chart in the older DDRs that I didn't like.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
« Reply #889 on: June 19, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
Anyone play Rock Band or Guitar Hero anymore?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #890 on: June 19, 2017, 03:56:00 PM »
I've been meaning to pick up Rock Band 4 for funsies, but I keep not doing that. I should at least hook up the ol' 360 and get some RB3 action going on...

As far as Guitar Hero Live goes, I love how the game plays but absolutely hate their business practices. GHTV is beyond fucked up and is nothing short of a middle finger to fans of the genre. The fact that you have to pay for a 24 hour pass to get a fucking song select screen automatically throws that shit deep in boycott territory for me.

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 19, 2017, 05:04:27 PM »
I've been meaning to pick up Rock Band 4 for funsies, but I keep not doing that. I should at least hook up the ol' 360 and get some RB3 action going on...

As far as Guitar Hero Live goes, I love how the game plays but absolutely hate their business practices. GHTV is beyond fucked up and is nothing short of a middle finger to fans of the genre. The fact that you have to pay for a 24 hour pass to get a fucking song select screen automatically throws that shit deep in boycott territory for me.

Yeah I haven't touched GH since GH3 (which I have on PC for the custom made tracks). I play RB3 still all the time. RB3 is still a good social activity I just have fun with. Not really that good anymore though. I've gotten 98% on TTFAF in my "prime" but now I'm rocking like 89%. Ever watch that Acai dude?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #892 on: June 19, 2017, 05:58:51 PM »
Can't say I have! I'll have to check him out later, though. I'm pretty casual when it comes to RB/GH, so I don't follow any of the players. The only rhythm game I'm really serious about nowadays is IIDX (which I'm still sloooooooowly improving at).

And hey, I would never call 89% on TTFAF bad, especially the RB3 release. :P I'm just happy that I can still consistently pass Panic Attack expert (guitar+vocals, like a boss). Such a fun chart.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #893 on: June 20, 2017, 03:48:38 AM »
I haven't touched RB or GH in ages. I've been playing Osu!Mania for the past few years. I'm like a year out of my prime now though :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 20, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
That hyperlink I added to his name in my previous comment is him FCing TTFAF at 125% speed. It's disgusting.

I had to google Osu!Mania never heard of it. I'm guessing it's similar to IIDX?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #895 on: June 20, 2017, 10:47:04 AM »
Jesus. Okay, yeah, I'm going to need to check that out tonight.

Yeah, O!M is sort of a StepMania-like simulator built on the osu! engine. It supports everything from 4 key to 8 key modes. I'm not too crazy about it, personally--too many weird design decisions, not to mention the fact that the developers literally included the ability (now removed, but still) for them to take screenshots of your desktop if they "think" you're cheating. And no, they didn't disclose that in the license agreement, and only fessed up to it when they got caught.

If I simulate IIDX I generally use Lunatic Rave 2 (though more often than not I play the real thing).

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 20, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »

Combos are basically a rhythm game right?

[crane] JHP [mantis] SMP [crane] CMP xx HK ROLL [mantis switch] FADC before last hit of roll, SMP, TC2 xx light dp

sweg?

That shit is old now and I can do a lot harder stuff now a days. BUT I DOUBT ANYONE HERE COULD EVEN TOUCH IT SO IT STAYS!

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #897 on: June 21, 2017, 02:29:22 AM »
Ever watch that Acai dude?

Now I did. Fucking hell.

Combos are basically a rhythm game right?

I APPROVE.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #898 on: June 25, 2017, 03:46:30 AM »
Future TomTom is the best fucking Bemani game ever. It doesn't seem to have a very high difficulty ceiling (as in, i was AA'ing 9's on my second credit, and the game only goes up to 10), but I don't give a shit. It's easily one of the most fun rhythm games I've ever played.

So, two accomplishments, I guess: 1) playing it in the first place, and 2) getting a AAA* on a 7 out of nowhere.

I might have to try to get a video of me playing it next time I'm down there. There don't seem to be many gameplay videos on YouTube, especially for higher level stuff (though admittedly I didn't look too hard).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #899 on: June 25, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »
Osu!mania actually supports 1k up to.... 16k IIRC internally. Only 4k to 9k is currently "rankable" (basically means only 4k-9k charts can have a leaderboard added)

Mechanically, the game is a piece of garbage compared to basically everything else, but I'm so used to it that I just suck at every other rhythm game now.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x