Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 350486 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #900 on: October 19, 2017, 08:48:44 AM »
So I recently got a skillboost in osu!mania. Recorded these the other day. I actually recorded a third video, but content ID found it and it's only available to watch if you're in korea (the song's fucking Japanese, but not even Japanese people can watch it :/)

This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #901 on: January 28, 2018, 01:31:39 PM »
The skillboost continues, I've been trying to pass both of these since fucking 2013:

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #902 on: February 01, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »
VIDEO DUMP INCOMING!

A few of these aren't the absolute best I can do, but they're all my current top score locally. I think I have an A on brain power on my old laptop though :/ Also, does anyone here actually watch these?

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #903 on: April 18, 2018, 09:48:09 PM »
So uh, somehow I managed only 11 misses on this, and still can't S it. LN release timing is a BITCH.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #904 on: May 23, 2018, 11:38:02 PM »
So it's been at least 4-5 years since I last played RB3 drums. Somehow, this happened:

My previous PB (which was set back when I was playing RB a lot) was 114K. Yikes.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #905 on: June 11, 2019, 12:50:28 PM »
So I ended up setting up my PS2 and one of my FP7s in my workshop a while ago so that I can play IIDX while half-heartedly monitoring my 3D printing ventures and have managed to do some things:

• Passed Master's Mode [7K] on 7th style.
  • Passed 5.1.1. [7A] and Ganymede [7H] with the classic hi-speed settings. This is way harder than it sounds. Even at HS 5.0, the scroll speeds of classic IIDX don't even come close to what you can set on tricoro and up, and both of those songs are slow and dense.
  • AAA'd Romeo & Juliet [7K] on 6th style. FINALLY.
  • FREAKING PASSED THE SAFARI [7K] IN NORMAL PLAY.
  • Hard cleared 冥 [7K]. Considering the beginning part of it feels like a hard 10 or easy 11 I'm pretty pleased with that.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #906 on: June 16, 2019, 12:35:36 AM »
Good shit man. I haven't really managed anything too noteworthy lately. That said, I might as well post the videos I made since that last post anyway, because it's been a while. The last one is a pretty big deal for me, because LNs (holds) are what I consider my speciality, but I'm really bad at accuracy on them because I always end up overholding the release (I blame stepmania!) which ends up potentially really ruining my accuracy on them (osu basically averages the judgement you get on both press and release, meaning if you pressed perfectly on time but overheld the release you won't get a great judgement for the note).

Get Goal is fucking hard. I think I've passed it... twice? The end has a brutal difficulty spike with really difficult LN patterns designed to fuck you right before the end IIDX style (if IIDX loved LNs the way o2jam does).

Starlights is a good song, and one of the harder ranked 7k maps too. My current score is about 20k points higher than this though slightly lower acc. This is currently my 3rd highest score in terms of PP value, which is something I guess.

Kyoumen no Nami is an incredible song, and this chart takes the weird-ass sound of the song and compliments it with weird-ass patterns that fit really well and are surprisingly fun to play. The difficulty ramps up as you get farther into the song. Like usual, I've since beaten this score, but with how stagnant my skill has been lately this still isn't a bad score for me at all.

This song is cute as hell, not gonna lie. Fun map.

And my most recent achievement: passing JinJin's 4th LN Dan. This is a 4 song course running about 10 minutes. Each song tests a different skillset, but they all revolve around LNs. For the LN Dans, a 95% acc is considered a pass. I was so damn happy when I made this.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #907 on: June 17, 2019, 09:09:12 AM »
Woo, nice! ;D Get Goal's chart definitely gives me a huge O2 vibe. I love those freaking walls of holds that it throws at you.

I need to figure out some sort of video capture setup to add some context to everything, but I'm not sure how feasible it is right now. I've been playing the IIDX CS releases on a 14" Sony PVM that I put in my workshop, using RGB. While the end result is pretty stunning (especially the pre-9th style releases, which natively output 240p), I don't have a way of capturing RGB yet, and it's a bit of a distance away from the PC that I plan to use for capture. Right now I only have my trusty late-2012 iMac down there (still a fantastic machine after 7 years, though I'm strongly considering swapping its 3TB spinny disk for an 860 EVO) and the only USB capture device I have is a dinky Dazzle-like thing that can only capture composite using shit-tier proprietary software.

But anyyyywayyyy, I had a surprisingly good day yesterday. While a lot of it was just improving random scores from when I started heavily playing IIDX again a couple years ago, I managed to add Steel Needle [SPH] and 少年A [SPH] to my list of 10's (might have already nailed the latter via some *ahem* more legally questionable releases, but I'm not sure). I also managed to pass 3y3s [SPH] with a healthy amount over the passmark, which is a first for me. Usually on the rare occasion that I pass that I'm damn near close to border bonusing it.

Also, I have to give a shoutout to moon_child [SPH] for giving me more 78% gauge completions than any other chart ever. At least I'm a lot more consistent about clearing it now than I used to be. It's such a fucking awesome song, too.

The end has a brutal difficulty spike with really difficult LN patterns designed to fuck you right before the end IIDX style (if IIDX loved LNs the way o2jam does).

Apparently you haven't seen Acid Pumper SPA. :P What's even worse about that one is that it uses Hell Charge Notes, which basically work like Pump freeze arrows (kinda looks like that's how o!m does it?). If you aren't holding the button or actively spinning the turntable it's continually draining your gauge (though you're only scored based on the press and release like normal charge notes). That one's only an 11, though; I'm sure there's way worse examples that are far outside of my reach.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #908 on: June 23, 2019, 08:22:29 AM »
Well, the mapper for Get Goal actually is an o2jammer, and actually makes o2jam charts, so there is that :P

It would be cool to see some video of your IIDX plays, so hopefully you figure something out. I haven't heard of Hell Charge Notes, but they certainly live up to their name. I was mostly just referring to how IIDX endings tend to ratchet up the difficulty.

That said, I do know that in the BMS scene there's crap like this:

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 23, 2019, 05:19:58 PM »
I honestly forgot they added in charge notes. Kinda wish there was an easy way to play more current styles, my cap is iidx15, and beyond that, I don't have anything. I remember getting access to "cough" arcade software "cough" but the hoops to get it running is a bitch, and the lag for me was unplayable. I think after that I pretty well retired from the genre, unfortunately.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #910 on: June 23, 2019, 05:59:24 PM »
Well, the mapper for Get Goal actually is an o2jammer, and actually makes o2jam charts, so there is that :P

Say no more. XD

It would be cool to see some video of your IIDX plays, so hopefully you figure something out.

I mean, there's always the incredibly ghetto way. Here's a video of me getting an A on A [SPH] (pretty sure it's a PB) today:

(Just realized that my KBM CS and Pop'n AC controllers are visible in that shot, heh)

I haven't heard of Hell Charge Notes, but they certainly live up to their name. I was mostly just referring to how IIDX endings tend to ratchet up the difficulty.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've cleared Atomic Age and played plenty of IIDX RED. :P

I honestly forgot they added in charge notes. Kinda wish there was an easy way to play more current styles, my cap is iidx15, and beyond that, I don't have anything. I remember getting access to "cough" arcade software "cough" but the hoops to get it running is a bitch, and the lag for me was unplayable.

I have a dedicated Bemani PC running XP that I use, though my laptop with Windows 10 seems to handle it fine as well. The modern versions (from the later Lincle patches onward) tend to do a very good job at adjusting the software to work on your system. I get about the same latency as arcade cabinets do. The biggest pain point tends to be the controller—you pretty much have to use a native USB device (like an FP7, a USB modded KOC, etc) for it to play well.

Dunno how close you are to it, but there's also a Round One in Auburn Hills. There's generally a IIDX cabinet or two at those locations, as well as modern DDR, Pump, Sound Voltex, and others.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 06:01:30 PM by Spectere »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #911 on: June 23, 2019, 06:27:05 PM »
Good shit man. That PVM looks like it's built like a tank lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #912 on: June 24, 2019, 02:39:35 PM »
Hell yeah. I love that thing. The 17" Dell UltraScan next to it is a nice little CRT as well (it's also a Trinitron and can reliably sync at 1080p!).

This seems like a strange thing to praise, but Sony did a great job positioning the carrying handles on it. You can't see them since that stupid rubber mat is in the way (really need to clean up that half of my workshop—I'd just finished completely reorganizing my printer area so my table became a bit of a catch-all) but it's positioned right where the bulk of the weight is, so when you're hauling it around it really doesn't feel like you're carrying around a bulky 17kg box.

Oh, and one cool thing about IIDX CS is that 3rd through 8th make up a pretty sizable percentage of the PS2 games that support 240p output. Zero interlacing artifacts == sex. 9th and newer use 480i, unfortunately, so you get some very minor scanline dancing.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #913 on: August 25, 2019, 11:06:47 PM »
Got around to posting another osu!mania score. I absolutely love this song, but I still can't pass the map yet, so this one's with nofail:

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #914 on: August 26, 2019, 08:23:44 AM »
Definitely a fantastic song. Almost sounds like something that would be in DJMAX, albeit with a very O2Jam-like chart attached to it.

Hope you manage to nail the clear soon!