Author Topic: Music Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 350376 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Music Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #915 on: August 27, 2019, 02:15:53 AM »
Honestly, I was really surprised at how well I managed the hard parts. Usually my graph straight up flatlines for a while during those. A few of those patterns absolutely ruin me. And yeah, it's a VERY o2jam chart. 17va, the creator of the chart, came from o2jam (although to my knowledge he never made any charts before switching to osu). o2 style charts are by far my favorite, though I do enjoy some BMS charts here and there as well.

But yeah, I love how jazzy that track is. The bassist is going off the entire time, and the drums are pretty crazy too.

Also, Talk about consistency, these scores are 4 months apart, but I got the exact same combo on both lol
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:34:26 AM by Bobbias »
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 22, 2020, 11:22:15 PM »
I accomplished redownloading stepmania...

New version, haven't played in years...and years...and years....im very bad. Where can I download the stepfiles of old? I dug around and found the original keyboard megapack, wouldn't mind finding the rest of em. Not going to get as good as I was in my youth, that would take about 2000 hours of playtime, but it's fun coming back to it, even if I have the skills of a toddler now.

Also I hate that esc gets you to a menu that you can resume, start from beginning, or quit....can I remove that and make esc just quit to song select without an additional menu?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #917 on: February 23, 2020, 01:41:58 PM »
Well, here's the project dump of CKBMP3: https://files.spectere.net/stepmania/CommunityKeyboardMegapack3-TheLostSteps.zip

Here's a search link for the other CKBMPs (the original 1 and 2, as well as the post-a0.com 3 and 4): https://search.stepmaniaonline.net/packs/community

I might have Keyboard Megapack 1.5 floating around somewhere. I'll upload it if I can find it on the giant clusterfuck that is my home share. That doesn't seem to be in the SMO archives.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 03, 2020, 02:56:45 PM »
That's the stuff, thanks bruv.

Pretty fun for a nostalgia trip, but I think the reason I stopped playing stepmania in the first place, is the reason I will probably keep it as a novelty.

I still have my IIDX stuff, and boy ohh boy that game still holds up as fun. I went from passing 11's to...barely passing 9's now, but that's what 8+ years of not playing will do. Damn shame they don't have home releases anymore, with how digital distribution works now a days you figure a game like IIDX would thrive in the current ecosystem.

Only options to play the game beyond 16th style are going far away and playing an arcade, or quit renting and purchase some property so I have the space to plop down a IIDX machine proper.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #919 on: March 03, 2020, 05:58:11 PM »
They do have a home release for PC (INFINITAS) but since it's JP-only you have to jump through some hoops to get started with it.

There's also other means of running modern versions of IIDX, um, PERFECTLY LEGITIMATELY.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 03, 2020, 10:27:21 PM »
I have tried the "perfectly legit" method, and couldn't get it to run without unplayable lag either on the games end, or my converter to use my controller. Not to mention the hoops I had to jump through to get it working, that I totally dont have that knowledge anymore.

Unfortunately aint worth it.

A standard pc/console release would be FANTASTIC, but that aint happening.

Rhythm games are pretty much dead for me, but if they do throw out a home release I'll be down.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2020, 03:10:53 PM »
When was the last time you tried it? The way that the game syncs changed drastically with one of the last patches for Lincle and basically perfected with Tricoro and newer. Input lag is another thing entirely, and I didn't really have a good time trying to use an actual IIDX controller until I just broke down and bought an FP7.

There aren't all that many hoops that you have to jump through anymore either, thankfully: extract the data, put bemanitools in that directory, configure (which pretty much just boils down to setting your keys), and run. It's a far cry from what you had to do to get, say, GOLD running acceptably.

vladgd

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 05, 2020, 09:50:20 PM »
I "think" it was sirius or lincle? I just remember I had to do stuff in a certain way or else I would get everyone using it banned. Not to mention figuring out how to get it running and all that jazz, and I aint a super technically knowledged person, anymore. When it finally got up and running, I'm not sure if it was my pc at the time just not having enough juice, or the converter, or both, but straight up unplayable lag. But even then, IIDX is a game with timing so strict, even lag so small you can't see it, could be unplayable.

Could be something I mess with again (i think I have the data somewhere on an old HDD), but it just seems like too much effort for a payout that isn't guaranteed. Let alone my vidya backlog that as stands, it's not a high priority thing for me.

But I do have an itch to play, so there's that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:52:33 PM by vladgd »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #923 on: March 06, 2020, 08:11:27 AM »
Ah yeah, you were at the tail end of the awkward period I think. Those older releases were tuned for very specific displays (I think there were four different ones by that period: the classic CRT and a few LCD panels). There were ways of adjusting the timing but I remember it being really finicky.

The latest Lincle patch and beyond all have an automatic timing routine built-in. Every time the game starts it spends about a minute working out your display's refresh rate and syncs the game around that, and in my experience it's been very accurate. The only thing you have to do is make sure that the audio is plugged directly into the PC and not using HDMI passthrough or anything like that, since that will introduce audio latency.

I've never had any luck using a converter, either, even when doing basic BMS stuff. I'd always get input lag with the occasional dropped input. I'm kind of leaning toward that being your problem more than anything else.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #924 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:12 PM »

This chart has haunted me since DJMP2 because it's so unbelievably fucky (it's only rated an 8 or something like that. It's not hard to pass, but…ugh). Kind of surprised I figured it out enough to get an S rank. I'm not looking forward to doing the same for the MX chart (which is both hard and extremely fucky).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #925 on: June 10, 2020, 09:39:12 PM »
Haven't managed any scores I want to record recently, but I have set a couple new top plays somewhat recently in osu!mania

(the important part here is the rank and when the score was set)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x