Author Topic: General Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 160896 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: General Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #285 on: June 30, 2010, 01:22:14 AM »
So far Max Payne is a LOT of fun, kinda upset I didn't play it on release.

Damn straight.

Make sure to give the second one a whirl when you're done.  The game plays out about the same, Max doesn't look constipated, the changes to bullet time kick ass, and the writing is as good as before.

I don't know wtf Rockstar is thinking with Max Payne 3.  I don't think it could be any less true to the series (if the appearances mean anything, and considering Rockstar's recent hit games all pretty much play the same, color me extremely skeptical about how good MP3 is going to be).  Oh well, I guess we'll see what it's like when it comes out.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #286 on: June 30, 2010, 01:31:18 AM »
i remember making fun of all the odd stuff max said during the game.  it was so long ago i can't even give an example. 

that shit is like $10.00 a pop on steam, i should totally pick those up when im in need of something to play. 

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 30, 2010, 02:45:26 AM »
Left 4 dead 2 is on for 10$ on Steam, GET IT!

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 30, 2010, 05:23:46 PM »
Make sure to give the second one a whirl when you're done.  The game plays out about the same, Max doesn't look constipated, the changes to bullet time kick ass, and the writing is as good as before.

I bought the pack (both games) for like 3 bucks.

I didn't go for 100% completion, but it still took about 12 hours of playtime to get to the final boss fight. It's a lot of fun. It's harder than Galaxy 1, which I like, and the level design is a step forward in my opinion. Plus, the swimming controls and camera are now a lot better.

Sounds good to me.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 30, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »
Alright, I set out to beat Earthbound and Hitman Blood Money and now both are done. Just beat Hitman, and goddamn that was a great ending, left a lot of open ends, but still awesome. Don't want to spoil it, but the game did a decent job of tying up all the different stories while adding a small specific story for each mission.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2010, 10:07:12 PM »
Alright then, Max Payne down, metro 2033 should be next to follow. Goddamn Max Payne was fun, and the story made me actually want to play, even if it was a bit goofy.

Metro is done. It was a lot of fun, but the ending was fairly odd. Still, good game overall, linear as all hell and a bit short but good.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:07:43 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 22, 2010, 11:25:06 PM »
Carbide promotion on Alien Swarm...

Edit: Motherfucking Gallium Cross!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:36:03 PM by Ulti »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2010, 04:23:54 PM »
wut?

Also finally beat Gill (final boss in SF3) and it was shockingly easy. All I really did was pick Akuma and abuse his demon flip. He didn't have enough super to resurrect the first time, and the second time I hit him with Akuma's hadouken super before he had time to really heal.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2010, 06:10:22 PM »
Hit the level cap in Alien Swarm. :v

vladgd

« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2010, 10:31:48 AM »

this is a goddamn achievement for me.  

see those 3 scv's, yeah, yeah, that's how barely i passed the mission.  that achievement is fucking insane.  kind of requires you to man the fuck up and get some micro.  

basically, its' a survive 20 minutes mission.  the achievement is to destroy 4 hatcheries on hard difficulty.  on paper, this sounds easy.  but look at my forces, and look at the minimap.  

but now i earned the robot terran ai lady portrait.  the default portraits are boring and generic, save for the black guy who i ended up using till now, because a generic black guy > generic white guy with goatee.  

GG

*edit*

it just came to my mind that that was only hard difficulty.  i wonder if it's possible to do that on brutal difficulty, because i heavily doubt it. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:37:28 AM by vladgd »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2010, 10:33:48 PM »
HALF LIFE: OPPOSING FORCE ON HARD BEAT.

THAT shit was rough. Not that bad (I still hardly see how I'm supposed to get past that room full of skeleton enemies and has a double barreled shotgun in the center in Serious Sam) but still, I'm honestly shocked I made it this far.

Final boss was fun, but easy. the health puddle down the hall from him really helps things.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2010, 01:00:03 AM »
Yeah that bossfight is kind of a cakewalk, but the level leading up to it is brutal, which I guess kind of makes up for it.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »
Got all gold medals achieved on the challenges portion of Starcraft 2... Was fun, but pretty hard as well.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2010, 08:34:40 PM »
Just beat Max Payne 2. Fairly easy game compared to the first, not like that's really bad or anything. The slow-mo is definitely better, but it's almost over powering. Still, damn good game.

Modified, to claim my glory. I played Halo 3 last night with a few friends, and during my first game I jumped into a banshee with some random guy and got a running riot. I'm pretty sure my final score was something along the lines of 22 and 3.

Then after a long while I say we stick to headshots only MW2 and talk massive shit, and I shoot them down left and right while they say I'm spraying and praying while using riot shields (which are a 1 hit kill, thanks to the fact that they also were playing on hardcore).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:52:00 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

vladgd

« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2010, 11:12:03 PM »
hit the screencap button a bit late, but it still shows the portrait awarded from the achievement.

win an 8 player FFA with 7 insane computers.  not really hard if you cheese it.

play terran on lava flow.  immediately put 5 scv's in command center and float it off to one of the island expansions.  the island expansions both have two expos on there.  from there saturate all of your gas/minerals asap, macro as much battlecruisers as your supply cap can handle, you should have plenty of minerals, MAKE ENOUGH TURRETS TO BLOCK OUT THE SUN, not mandatory but nice to feel safe.  wait till theres one ai left, steamroll his black ass with bc's, win.  if you are afraid you might fuck up, attempt taking the other island, though, make turrets asap or bring your bc fleet to defend.  i kind of fucked up and failed to get the second island, but it didn't matter. 

all 7 computers were set to random because i didn't really see the point in setting them otherwise. 

you can obviously do this on other maps with other races, but if you want the achievement without putting much effort, that's an easy way to do it.