Author Topic: General Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 160835 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: General Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 03:04:23 PM »
ive been in a jrpg mood lately, and its a hunger that i haven't had in a good 5 or so years, what best to fill it than by beating ff games i haven't bothered finishing.

If you can actually find it, digital devil saga is a good series, hard as hell too. Also I haven't bothered picking up ff 12 since I made it to Archades, anyone know close to the end of the game that is?

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 03:12:56 PM »
You're probably 4/5th's of the way done. You've got Giruvegan, then Pharos, as far as I know. I'm stuck at Pharos, it's just too damn big :<

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 04:54:13 PM »
Well, it sounded like you didn't like it, and were skipping it...

I'm just a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to FF games...
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 05:06:22 PM »
Well, it's freaking enormous, and I'm lost as to what I'm suppposed to do next, that's the issue.

vladgd

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2007, 06:04:19 AM »
so i borrowed ff9 sunday, i just beat it, and spent around 30 mins watching the ending/credits.

for me (bold to emphasize me, and not you, therefore my own opinion) i have not seen a better ending for a game. (period)

my party at the end was zidane, eiko, steiner, and quina.

next game on the list is 10, and compaired to 9's story, its going to be a major downgrade(haven't played through 10 all the way, but i know the story all the way through)

anyway, 9 was fantastic, if you haven't played it, buy it on amazon for $20.00, well worth it.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2007, 06:36:12 AM »
 :D happy to see someone else giving 9 a good review, too many FF fans skipped it or got wrapped up on the whole "FFX grafix jomg" crap. I always thought that FF9 had one of the best stories.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2007, 08:32:32 PM »
So I got golds on all of the races in Forza 2, maxed out my level, maxed out all of the manufacturers levels, bought all of the cars, and have 970/1000 gamerpoints on it (the missing 30 are for getting 1,000,000 credits in online races...the only thing left to do).

Yet I still want to play it. :/  I'll probably start a new profile and restart in a different region or something.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2007, 09:10:20 PM »
I just scanned 75% of the stuff in metroid and I  got a message saying secret ending unlocked, on veteran mode. Also my friend compared metroid 3 to halo 3, which I find kinda retarded. I guess on purely the 1 player part of halo to metroid I would say metroid because it's longer then 5 hours.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »
Metroid Prime and Halo are totally different game types.  They really can't be compared. :/

Tell your friend to spontaneously combust.

Also: Are you fucking kidding me?  For some reason, "combust" isn't in Firefox's dictionary. :/

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2007, 01:56:19 AM »
I recently got 100% map and 100% souls in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow...took me WAYYY too long...I think it was something like 28 hours of gameplay :)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2007, 05:42:51 PM »
Also: Are you fucking kidding me?  For some reason, "combust" isn't in Firefox's dictionary. :/
This has happened to me once or twice before. It won't accept certain things in lower case, either :/

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2007, 07:47:07 PM »
Beat metroid, didn't realize the final boss had 3 parts so I almost died at the end of it. Also

Hah, just realized he has a better KDR then me, fuckin AWP whore.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 12:26:32 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2007, 04:06:23 AM »
I beat Portal thrice (once normally, once with the developers' commentary, once quickly) and beat the six advanced missions.  Portal may be short but regardless it's probably the best game I've played recently.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »
I just beat Portal in 49 minutes and 30 seconds, including cinematics, a few deaths, and a ton of mistakes.  Why do I get the feeling that it's going to be my new Metroid Zero Mission (i.e. a fairly short game that I run through a bazillion times)?

Edit: I made a 43 minute run a couple of hours ago...still a lot of mistakes and slowdowns (i.e. doing something wrong and, say, having to wait for a platform...argh).  Regardless, it's a hell of an improvement.

I'm referring to single-segment runs, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:16:11 PM by Spectere »

vladgd

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »
final fantasy x complete

the ending was ok, but for the most part, i really did not enjoy the game.  not a big fan of the world (beats the world of final fantasy tactics/12/vagrant story[its the same world]), story was ok, characters didn't really bother me.  but overall, as a game, i didn't really like it.  i had to force myself to play through it, and now, i have ff7-10 under my belt.  i guess i can start on x-2 whenever i decide to pop it in the ps2, after that, 12.  and after 12, i guess i can play through 2-6 (beat ff1 on the gba/gbc, whatever it was ported to) if im not sick of the series by then.