Author Topic: General Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 159448 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: General Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2010, 12:32:04 AM »
That's goddamn impressive, I want to get Starcraft 2, but I'm afraid I'll just suck ass and never play online.

vladgd

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2010, 12:52:24 AM »
im going to take away any credit of skill used for that.  i suck ass at sc2(im literally intimidated to play random people), that was probably my second ever non campaign terran game, if you follow those instructions and you know the basics of the game (hoykeys, control groups, basic ui stuff), getting that achievement under those circumstances is not difficult. 

probably just going to play vs ai 1v1, and with friends until i feel i have a solid grasp of how to play a standard game.  when that time comes, ill start hitting up ladder.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2010, 01:14:30 AM »
Ho damn, we should play (insert RTS here) together sometime, then.  Sounds like your level of confidence with them might almost be as low as mine.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
And mine (though I currently have no way to play SC2 online :<)
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 18, 2010, 11:35:45 PM »
Installed Quake 4 (kinda leaves a bad taste in one's mouth but eh its not a bad Quake game) and played some multi and GOD DO I LOVE DEATHMATCH.

Managed to come in 3rd on a 150 frag deathmatch.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 19, 2010, 01:42:27 AM »
Heh, I was just playing Quake Live today, how alive is the Quake 4 community?

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 19, 2010, 05:54:49 AM »
There were p much no servers the last time I tried to play it, and that was more than a year ago. I think more people play Quake 3/Quake Live.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 19, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »
Heh, I was just playing Quake Live today, how alive is the Quake 4 community?

Hard to find a full or near full server.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2010, 02:58:01 AM »
Finally got around to clearing FEAR2.

Freaky. Ass. Shit.

Honestly, the only reason I wouldn't give it a spot in my top 10 list is, oddly enough, because of all the shooter segments.  My God.  I think Monolith forgot how to make shooting people fun.  The sliding enemy difficulty in the original FEAR turned me off and, despite making it more subtle in FEAR2, it's still obvious that the difficulty gradually bumps itself up as you plow through the game.  Let's just say, when it takes literally five headshots to kill someone or upwards of eight close range shotgun blasts to down a foe you know you're close to the end.

The scare parts were awesome, of course.  I think FEAR2 is the only game that's ever made me weary about stepping into dark areas.  However, by the end of the game it seems like Monolith was trying to give Serious Sam a run for its money.  Shooting things just got flat-out boring.  What's worse is that at the end of the game they give you a full compliment of sniper ammo and more armor than they'd ever given you throughout the rest of the game, so the entire end was just a cakewalk, which made the fighting seem all the more tedious.  It's like clearing E1M1 of Doom with the BFG and IDDQD.

Thankfully, the ending more than made up for the drudge work that it took to get it.  Holy fucking shit.

All in all, definitely worth the $20 it costs on Steam now (if you haven't already acquired it somehow).  The shooter elements are great half-way through the game, but the horror elements are amazing throughout the entire experience.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 23, 2010, 10:56:34 PM »

Not that amazing, but I was proud.

This would be impressive, if I wasn't medic.

vladgd

« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »

past week or so ive been piddling around on ssfiv trial mode.  this was taken for chun-li, since ive had the past three completed for a long time now.  been stuck on challenge 23. 

jhk, shp xx ex fireball xx level 2 focus attack DASH FORWARD (they never ever tell you this and it screws me over more often than not), back mk, mk, down up mk, ultra 1. 

now i could do the first part up to the focus attack.  and i could do the second part with the mk "target combo" into ultra.  but i couldn't link the focus attack into back mk.  this is partially what makes trial mode into TRIAL AND ERROR mode.  because they tell you what needs to be done...but never fucking explain how.  it's just simply, ex fireball, focus attack, back mk. 

in reality, it's level 2 focus attack followed by a forward dash.  but no, you just have to know that automatically.  that alone, in my opinion, makes trial mode's originally intend purpose to help teach new players, into something you have to look up on youtube first to know what the fuck to do.  because, i spent 40 fucking minutes doing that trial.  went to youtube, and 5 tries later i finished it after getting the proper information. 

as to whether i get any more of those gold medals, probably.  you can see i have some 81% completion, and there's a pretty healthy roster.  there's quite a few characters with like two or three challenges left (off the top of my head, dhalsim, dee jay, cammy), so i guess ill be here again when i decide to grind those out.

ANYWHO i got my chun flag, which is disappointing because the gen and bison flags look a lot better.  still it's a bit weird if im rocking a gen flag and im currently playing chun.   

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »

My epeen, you must stroke it. Really nothing amazing, but I was scoring headshots left and right.

I've finally discovered how awesome shotgun recon is. I can spam hellfire at anyone near me with the Saiga and with my newly found knowledge of motion tracker mines no one can sneak up on me when I camp an mcom.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 08, 2010, 05:35:06 AM »
A few weeks ago I downloaded Orbiter, a freeware spaceflight simulator that goes out of its way to be as realistic as possible. Being very realistic, it's got a pretty steep learning curve, but I've been getting the hang of orbital mechanics and I've managed a few trips to the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Getting to a planet is relatively easy, since once you're close enough you can get in an orbit around them. Docking at space stations is a bit harder, since they have no gravity field. That said, I finally managed to dock at the ISS tonight.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:36:56 AM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 08, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »
Christ people, add me in SC2, Newf7@live.com

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »
I don't own it yet, but I probably should.

Also annon, that looks fairly awesome. Might check it out.