Author Topic: General Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 160862 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Re: General Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #315 on: October 14, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »
Got Chief of Staff last night on TF2, for healing a million HP :v

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »
AAA'd Kind Lady.

I know I did that before, but it's been so long since I've really played DDR (I only started off and on again this past month-ish) that it's nice to know that I can still do it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2010, 06:27:27 AM »
Completed the Campaign on Brutal yesterday. PS - Don't go hatin' on my 3v3 and 4v4 record, I was playing with shitty teammates. My 2v2 is a random teammate, which is why its in Platinum, gonna get it to Diamond soon, as well as the 3v3 and 4v4. :)

Also got every achievement on the campaign except for this one, which i'll probably get today sometime.

And also beat all the outmatched challenges vs Insane AI and all difficulties below.

I've gotten basically every other achievement as well except for the playing 100-1000 games vs AI and shit. Those are gonna take a while. But i'll get em :)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 04, 2010, 04:57:42 PM »

I feel like I'm getting the hang of BC2, and I'm enjoying it. It's sort of sad how easy some guns are to use (ANY LMG, the VSS) but usually the harder to use guns seem to have a lot of advantages.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #319 on: November 04, 2010, 07:34:05 PM »
One thing that's kind of hilarious in BC2 is how often people underestimate the pistols.  I can't tell you how many close combat fights I've won simply because I accurately placed a couple of rounds through the enemy's skull rather than spraying the room in full automatic and shredding drywall.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 04, 2010, 10:16:02 PM »
Really? I remembering seeing some stat website where the M1911 had more kills then half of the assault rifles, but yeah, pistols are great. It always pains me to watch someone who has full visibility of a wounded enemy and yet will still reload instead of switching to their pistols.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »
I really don't see that many people using them.  Almost every time I've run into houses I've either had people try to spray me or knife me.

That stat could be skewed by the more level-headed players, too.  If you don't have the sense to switch to your pistol in lieu of reloading, odds are you're not going to get very far in the ladder.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2010, 01:16:25 AM »
I really don't see that many people using them.  Almost every time I've run into houses I've either had people try to spray me or knife me.

They're probably used to COD, were knifing was the most viable close range tactic. I love watching people go for a knife five steps away, only to have them get caught in the incredibly long knifing animation. That and pistols in COD were fairly meh.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2010, 02:46:27 AM »
Agreed on both points.  I like how knifing in BF:BC2 is hella lethal but not hella over-powered like it is in CoD4 (haven't played MW2 in multiplayer, but from what I've seen of it in campaign, nothing's changed).  I remember literally killing a building with a knife in CoD4 with almost no effort, then launching a ridiculously over-powered airstrike (which, to add insult to injury, rekilled some of the people that I knifed), which immediately got me a somewhat-ridiculous helicopter.  CoD4 is about as well balanced as a Jenga tower on a hill that's missing most of its pieces.  It's fun, though.  I'd probably still play it if my save file didn't get zapped on three separate occasions.  Going from level 40 to level 1 due to a corrupted save was more than enough to make me not want to play anymore.

I think the only time that I seriously used pistols (outside of situations where I ran out of ammo in my primaries) in CoD4 was when I used the last stand perk.  I managed to get a quite a lot of kills until people started habitually shooting bodies to make sure that they stayed dead.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 05, 2010, 05:24:39 AM »
Agreed on both points.  I like how knifing in BF:BC2 is hella lethal but not hella over-powered like it is in CoD4 (haven't played MW2 in multiplayer, but from what I've seen of it in campaign, nothing's changed).

There's a perk that makes you run faster, there's a perk that makes you never stop sprinting, there's a perk that makes you're knife lunge larger, and there's a set up called "tactical knife" which is basically a pistol and a knife out at the same time, which cuts down the knifing animation by a bit more then half. It's really, really bad.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #325 on: November 05, 2010, 06:01:04 AM »
Tac Knife is absolute bullshit. It's beyond overpowered, considering how deadly the knife is normally.

Also, the pistols aren't completely trash... But then again, the balance in that game is kinda fucked anyway. I mean, why go pistols when you can just noob tube with danger close? Or better yet, get any of the other completely overpowered setups...

But even with all that, I still find the game really fun. It's kinda weird, considering usually that sort of unbalance would be more than enough to make me rage an insane amount, but the game is still really damn fun, for some reason.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #326 on: November 05, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »
There's a perk that makes you run faster, there's a perk that makes you never stop sprinting, there's a perk that makes you're knife lunge larger, and there's a set up called "tactical knife" which is basically a pistol and a knife out at the same time, which cuts down the knifing animation by a bit more then half. It's really, really bad.

What in the everloving fuck were they thinking? O.o  That's way, waaaaaay worse than CoD4.

But even with all that, I still find the game really fun. It's kinda weird, considering usually that sort of unbalance would be more than enough to make me rage an insane amount, but the game is still really damn fun, for some reason.

You'd probably like CoD4, then.  It's pretty much the same thing with what sounds like considerably better balance (and considering the balance in CoD4 is pretty fucked, that's saying something).

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 05, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »
You'd probably like CoD4, then.  It's pretty much the same thing with what sounds like considerably better balance (and considering the balance in CoD4 is pretty fucked, that's saying something).

You mean bad company 2? Also boobies, do you use PC? I think the price of BC2 is still around 30 bucks and it's my current FPS fix right now.

Oh and yeah, about that tactical knife

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #328 on: November 06, 2010, 01:20:18 AM »
You mean bad company 2?

Nope.  BF:BC2 features significantly different gameplay just due to its setting.  Some people like the tighter levels that CoD4 has.  I figured if he liked MW2, odds are he'd like MW1 a hell of a lot more.

Oh and yeah, about that tactical knife

Wow, fuck that shit.

If I needed another reason not to buy MW2 for multiplayer, that video would be it.  I mean, I know that not all players are going to be that good, but...shit.  The fact that he can run THAT BLOODY FAST and stab that quickly is just ludicrous.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #329 on: November 07, 2010, 05:27:16 AM »
Nope.  BF:BC2 features significantly different gameplay just due to its setting.  Some people like the tighter levels that CoD4 has.  I figured if he liked MW2, odds are he'd like MW1 a hell of a lot more.

Wow, fuck that shit.

If I needed another reason not to buy MW2 for multiplayer, that video would be it.  I mean, I know that not all players are going to be that good, but...shit.  The fact that he can run THAT BLOODY FAST and stab that quickly is just ludicrous.

I had played a couple games in MW1 before I got into playing MW2, but not as many people had it, so I never really got a chance to play all that much. I did enjoy what I played, but I played nowhere near enough to get a feeling for balance. Plus, it was all just split screen play with friends.

I might enjoy BF:BC as well, because I loved the original battlefield games (1942 and Vietnam), but it has significantly different gameplay.

And yeah, that's probably the most broken setup in all of MW2, IMO. Sure, there are others that are pretty bad, but if you have enough skill, there's basically no way people can stop you from steamrolling the other team.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x