Author Topic: General Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 159413 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: General Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »
The most broken part of MW1, IMO, are the kill streak rewards.  I have a real problem with games that greatly reward winners.  If one team gets enough airstrikes and helicopters it's very difficult to bridge that gap.  After you get the first reward there's a certain momentum: if you get a UAV you can get surprise kills much easier; if you get an airstrike, you're almost guaranteed a helicopter; if you get a helicopter and the other team doesn't happen to have someone with an RPG, you've got several more free kills).  I think MW1 would be just about perfect if the knife were toned down and the kill streak system weren't as ridiculous.  I can see the UAV, but the airstrike in particular is bullshit.  I've literally gotten killed a fraction of a second after spawning.  Not cool.

If you do like the Battlefield games, you'd probably love BF:BC2.  The maps are very open compared to that of MW1/MW2.  If you play your cards right, you can sneak just about anywhere.  I was playing as a recon class with someone I know and we would regularly sneak behind the main enemy base and snipe them.  Very fun.  There aren't many games that reward you for being keenly aware of your surroundings.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2010, 03:10:21 PM »
Not to mention a handful of guns in MW are actually used (the AK, the three round burst rifle, or that one smg ALL with stopping power). I was never really bothered with the copter, considering the air strike was much worse in objective games (at round start, people would use it where most people would rush out) and choppers could easily be dropped with LMG or stationary gun fire (I once took one down before it got a single kill with a stationary gun, they tare through them).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #332 on: November 07, 2010, 05:44:32 PM »
Yeah, the copter isn't bad if the conditions are right, but if there aren't any stationary guns or RPGs it can be a bit ugh.  The LMG works fairly well as long as the gunner doesn't get raped.

Most games are kind of like that with the weapons, where only a few of them are useful.  In a way it's almost good when games limit the number of weapons.  I used to play Action Quake 2 all the time back in the glorious days of middle/high school and it only had about 7-8 guns, all of which are useful and often used.  It seems like most games now have about 3-4 different types of guns and 5-6 guns in each class with only one gun from each type being any good.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #333 on: November 07, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »
Just curious about how often the Vector gets used. For some reason I seem to be way more capable using Vector + Rapid fire and a PP2000 as my secondary, with Slight of Hand, Stopping Power, and something else (I forget which one I usually used there). With that If I managed to keep my aim on you for more than about a frame, you were likely dead, lol. And I wasn't even abusing one of the ridiculous BS setups either :P

But yeah, the battlefield games are a completely different breed of FPS.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »

whooo marginally better. I felt awesome after doing this, then after a short while of seeing people with 11 to 10 KDR I felt a lot less important.

Played some Day of Defeat gun game and I thought I did rather well. I got stomped almost every game, so it felt good. Game is hard as steel, might continue playing it because BC2 is making me rage hard.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:12:43 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

flaffl

• KOREA MEMBER ^_^ FUNNI KEKEKEKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2010, 01:46:07 AM »
just beat heavy rain and pooped my pants

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2010, 03:50:37 AM »
I got high and beat portal for the first time. I think I put the game down for some other interest, but never finished the game after the last 'real' test. Took me a little under 2 hours to get from the end of that segment to the very end. I'm pleased, and enjoyed the last part of the game. It didn't really let up in difficulty but only got trickier all the way to the boss fight, which was as good as you could probably hope for in a game where you shoot holes in walls with lazers.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2010, 03:54:25 AM »
I got high and beat portal for the first time. I think I put the game down for some other interest, but never finished the game after the last 'real' test. Took me a little under 2 hours to get from the end of that segment to the very end. I'm pleased, and enjoyed the last part of the game. It didn't really let up in difficulty but only got trickier all the way to the boss fight, which was as good as you could probably hope for in a game where you shoot holes in walls with lazers.

Yeah, the ending to Portal was genius. Can't wait for Portal 2.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #338 on: December 25, 2010, 12:20:51 AM »
Pac-Man Championship Edition, Highway Stage, Time Trial (Short):

Yay?

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »
Finally got around to beating VVVVVV.  Got all of the shinies, too. 8)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2011, 01:36:38 AM »
That's impressive, from what I've seen that game can be a real dick puncher.

Also this

Not much of an accomplishment, but I found it funny. We get to the end and have to fight the two tanks at once, which splits my team up badly (we were going to use the MG to mess them up, but it overheated) so we're all over the place. I set one on fire, and hit him with my shotgun A LOT. The other one was set on fire a while later and was still at decent health. At this point I go downstairs so I can run. It's me and one other teammate fighting this tank while the other two are either dead or downed. I'm nailing him with my shotgun when he finally gets me, hits me to a wall, and then downs me. I fire my deagle into his back and my teammate (sinh) shoots him dead. He revives me, and the boat arrives. He runs as soon as I'm revived to the boat, I heal, look back, see another tank and finish healing and start to chase him. I'm running faster than him and I pass him right when I get to the dock. I get to the boat and I turn around, as soon as I do I see a tank's rock nail my teammate in the back of the head and he goes down. It was nuts.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2011, 02:06:20 AM »
Yikes.  You know, it's a shame that the good video game moments never happen when you have Fraps recording.  That would have been epic to see.

Regarding VVVVVV, the only shiny that I had a hard time with was the one that requires you to fall up several screens, flip, then fall down for several screens, while maneuvering through spikes.  The controls are extremely tight, so it's easy to overcompensate (then again, the tightness of the controls means that you have nothing to blame but yourself for failures).  Some of the other shinies were tricky, others took some practice to get the timing down on some of the moves, but that was the only one that I found to be really difficult.

All in all, it's an unbelievably fun game.  I love it.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2011, 11:29:25 PM »

okay, the gustav is cheap. Not really an impressive KDR, but check that accuracy percentage. I have better Gustav run KDRs, and most of them have similar accuracy percentage. Shit's nuts.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:35:16 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2011, 02:38:28 AM »
BEAT DRACULA X.

Abused save states like crazy, and it was still retarded hard. My first linear Castelvania game that I actually bothered to beat, now I can consider myself a fan.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 31, 2011, 02:33:25 AM »

This impressed me, as it was the first time I had gone positive in and I was playing a class I usually suck with (assault). Their team had a LOT of fairly bad ninjas running around and doing nothing (I saw a sniper freeze and grab kill like 3 in a row) so that helped.