Author Topic: General Gaming Accomplishments  (Read 159420 times)

Zephlar

• Banned
  • Genuine Bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • Ranalli Photography & Design, LLC
Re: General Gaming Accomplishments
« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
Rock Band - Freezepop - Less Talk More Rokk - Expert - 5 Gold Stars

Hi forum....long time no see.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
No offense, but this might fit better in the music gaming section.

Also this

Not even good really, but I was playing against good players and I was on a map I never do good at. I FINALLY caught a heli that was hovering in the air with an AT4 rocket. I then shot someone I loosely know in the head while he was in a heli with a sniper (he was on the ground about to take off because he landed somewhat near me for some reason). Made me feel amazing because I headshotted the same guy from a mile away with my UMP and he called me an aim botter.

Notice the clan members on the bottom of my team.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:06:15 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 28, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »

I forgot how easy this game was, just got this today on a domination match.

Got this by running and gunning with the M14 acoged. I wish I had it recorded because it was fairly awesome in motion.

Shit, had a fairly awesome monday night combat screen shot, but steam didn't take it. I was 5 and 1, and my entire team was fairly far in the negative with the enmy team being fairly far in the positive, and we still won somehow.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:54:04 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 20, 2011, 08:06:40 PM »
Free weekend stuff.

not bad engineer score, I've been having a terrible time even going positive in this game so I really liked this. Really, I spent weeks going negative or struggling to go 1/1, and it felt good.

This was good. I find that any class with a dash/tackle is awesome. It's really easy to escape or pick fleeing enemies off or ring out. Plus, I'm really starting to use the stage hazards (basically you spend 50 bucks and it sends of a wave that knocks back and hurts anyone near it) and they worth great for getting easy ring out kills.

Still want that melee kill achievement. Shit mocks me.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 30, 2011, 01:04:46 AM »
I stopped Gill's super crazy hard hitting super attack that does half health damage if it hits and quarter health damage if it's blocked with Ibuki's throwing knife, a rather weak air to ground attack.

Afterwards I laughed so hard I lost the match, but still.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #350 on: July 15, 2011, 01:27:19 AM »
Beat VVVVVV in 35:14 with 181 deaths.  I'm starting to get used to the Gravitron, which kinda scares me.

Compared to my last run, that's a ~24 minute and ~130 death improvement, though I did stop to get some trinkets last time.  The only one that I got this time around was the one that you have to get near the end.

I really wish that the game weren't written in Flash.  At least 10 of those deaths were due to random slowdowns because of the ending being far more complex, graphically, than the beginning segments.  Playing it on my desktop would work, except that I'm using a G15.  Rubber dome keyboards are shockingly bad for games.  The G15 is the best one I've used, but it's still mushy...kinda comes with the territory, I guess.  I really wish my dad wouldn't have thrown my Model M away (still wondering why, exactly...if I keyboard weighs more than the tray, can easily survive getting thrown onto concrete, and outlived the computer that it came with without losing any responsiveness whatsoever, it's not something that should be casually thrown out!).
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2011, 10:04:18 PM »
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596949433680940305/E62953BC5B998DB1037D260615A9B5CEB773E2CD/

This is alright I guess. I was playing against someone who said CS was just waiting for someones head to pop up and shooting them, so I had to beat him and trash talk.

Also I haven't played VVVVVV enough, but the game does seem like a good balance of challenge and fun. I'm just pissed Machinirum has this graphical glitch still.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:16:24 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2012, 11:42:37 PM »
Haven't posted here in a while. figured I might as well put up my first alright Tribes screenshot.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649876122726743753/EBDC3F6FEDFC250246B49AA7637A60A24B3A21F1/

I used to do rather good, but I've been bouncing around the chart and getting that many kills + the 3 air shots made me feel good.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2012, 01:09:10 AM »
Nice. I'm still hoping to get a chance to try tribes ascend sometime... Is there any decent matchmaking in the game?
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2012, 04:49:04 AM »
I'll try to get a beta key when I can, and yeah so far they have match making set up by regions and most of my games have been decently lag free (not connected to a server good, but still damn good for P2P, or what I'm assuming is P2P).

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2012, 12:42:05 AM »
I had a really good set of matches in BF3 earlier, culminating in a 17-5 match as assault on Operation M

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2012, 04:28:49 AM »
Nice, what game mode was that anyways? I'm, unsure if I want to deal with the BF3 PC problems, maybe later. Can't run it now anyways due to lolXP.

Still, I'm really digging Tribes Ascend, did a few cool things recently. Went my first game without dying, just went defensive and everything seemed to line up decently well.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649876689742618476/170610C7A82BEB8C6EE649671F1707ECAE24A4F3/

also got third on my team with no kills, me and the guy in second captured the flag one after the other two times, then someone random captured it shortly later. Easily my fastest game.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649876689701238238/78B5B6FF11FC9AFA14C4D6FBE090730DDF2C8076/

Also this is really old, but the kid I was playing against always shit talks about css, claiming to be the best at it, then this game happened and he randomly left and claimed it never happened. I cannot stand the guy, so it warms my heart that I beat him on a server his side.

http://imgur.com/ltPCm

Linking to imgur because embedding is massive.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:02:31 PM by MortifiedocAlot »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »
It was Conquest.  We started as US and managed to take bravo (which is in the middle of the map) before Russia even took alpha.  On top of me playing awesomely for once (8)) I had a solid team.

And yeah, I'm using the Xbox 360 version.  Peer pressure is a bitch (though, considering how lousy BF3 and MW3 both are for PC, it's probably for the best).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »
It was Conquest.  We started as US and managed to take bravo (which is in the middle of the map) before Russia even took alpha.  On top of me playing awesomely for once (8)) I had a solid team.

And yeah, I'm using the Xbox 360 version.  Peer pressure is a bitch (though, considering how lousy BF3 and MW3 both are for PC, it's probably for the best).

As a computer gamer primarily, that kind of shit makes me angry. I'm sick o PC ports being garbage compared to console :/
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2012, 11:45:51 PM »
It's not so much that the PC ports are garbage (MW2/3 didn't ship with a server browser while BF3 doesn't let you do dedicated servers, I think), the problem is that the netcode is less secure than Quake's.

Seriously, people basically owned the shit out of those games before they even came out.  MW3's netcode is just sickening, because some of the same exploits that were possible with MW1 were possible with MW3.  Infinity Ward has no fucking clue what they're doing when it comes to writing netcode.  Rule number the first: never ever ever EVER trust the goddamn client.  Rule number two: a few sanity checks go a long way in making sure that people don't go from the max rank to rank 1 merely by joining a server.  Rule three: if you're not going to support mods, why the hell is it possible to trick the client into wiping stats?  One would think that both sides would know the rules of the game.

The worst part is that this is basic crap.  You don't even have to be a programmer to realize some of this stuff, you just have to have a little bit of common sense.

And, the absolute pits is the fact that these same exploits work with consoles, you just don't see them as much because that isn't as much of a consequence-free environment as the PC, and because performing the exploit tends to be a bit more complicated.  I have seen aimbotters and glitchers in BF3 for Xbox 360.  One time a squad of myself and three friends were moving down a road in a spread formation and within a second -- not exaggerating in the slightest, mind you -- a single person killed all four of us with perfectly placed headshots.  Either he's the luckiest son of a bitch or the lamest piece of shit on Xbox Live.  Take your pick.