Author Topic: this is quite bullshit  (Read 11414 times)

vladgd

this is quite bullshit
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:10:37 AM »
you know when you watch game videos, and they ask you for your age, and you have to painstakingly put it in EVERY FUCKING TIME.

this is with gamespot, i haven't yet fucked up on gametrailers, and because of this I AM GOING TO BE VERY CAREFUL THE NEXT 353474375 TIMES IT ASKS ME HOW OLD I AM.

well i went to check out a red alert 3 video, i accidentally typed in the wrong age (bound to happen eventually, especially when im not going to devote much attention to the act of putting in an age higher than 18) and it wouldn't let me watch the video.  so i downloaded it(so you can't stream it if you are underaged, but you can download it with no problem...WHERES THE COMMON SENSE), watched it, deleted it.

its the next day, and i went to watch a dawn of war 2 video, and it wouldn't fucking let me watch it.

how do i solve this problem?  being two years older than i need to be, its lame not being able to watch shit i should be able to watch.

*edit(ps this isn't an edit, this is part of the original post)*

k i logged on, and it worked since my PROPER AGE is put in.

if only gametrailers did this....

anyway i answered my question in the original post, and im going to post it so y'all can lol at me.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: this is quite bullshit
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:34:54 AM »
lol

GameTrailers is hilarious.  I mainly go on there to get the AVGN videos and, since I save them, I don't have to do any age verification.

That's the most ludicrous "protection scheme" I've ever seen.  Seriously, who puts their real age in there?  I don't even put my real age in there simply because putting it in every time you want to (heaven forbid) watch a movie about an M rated game gets highly annoying.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:51:43 AM »
most likely due to the ESRB meddling around.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 01:05:19 AM »
most likely due to the ESRB meddling around.

that and conservative republican moms that watch good morning america.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 07:15:08 AM »
Is it age, or birthdate? If it was birthdate, I'd use 1900, age, 100.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 11:28:19 PM »
Is it age, or birthdate? If it was birthdate, I'd use 1900, age, 100.

I usually do that. If I'm bored I'll put in my actual age, but I'm always curious to see if a message saying "your not 200 years old" pops up.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:25:35 AM »
Also
that and conservative republican moms that watch good morning america.
Completely true.

Fuck, I just want to meet someone representing the concerned moms, so I can tell them to go suck my balls and fuck off, and quit wrecking my goddamned games. If I want to be able to tear someone limb from limb and wallow in the splattering blood as they bleed all over me, I'll play a game that  lets me do that, instead of going out and actually doing it. Sure, there should be age guidelines, but the ultimate decision is for the individual parents, not some retarded conservative watchdog group who fucks things up for everyone.

It's only the retarded assclowns who couldn't tell reality from the shitty "fantasy" books they read (harry potter falls under this, as do 10,000,000 other craptacular books) that play violent games and think that shit is real.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 08:53:23 AM »
this indeed is quite bullshit

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 11:57:25 PM »
It's really dumb actually.  My parents let me play rated M video games since I was 12.  All those dumb parents out there like to sue the video game companies for giving their kids rated M games because the parents are dumb enough to buy the game.  Hello the damn rating is on the box, read for whatever god/ess you worship sake. 

I mean we have both Liberals and Conservitives trying to shutdown and stop the video game industry, but will fail miserably because of this little thing called freedom of expression.  Not to mention that video games bring in shit tons of money because of gamers like to kill time.  Hell who here doesn't play video games in their spare time?

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 03:37:04 AM »
Extreme violence is OK, but if you show one nipple, then all f*cking hell breaks loose (atleast in the U.S.).

Example:  Showgirls got an NC17 rating for what...showing strippers/boobies/etc?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »
Oh god, that is so true. My parents are the exception though. They would honestly prefer us being exposed to sexual elements than extreme violence.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »
"No Bobbias no mutilating your enemies but you can have this one where your female protaginist is nude all the time and sleeps with all the boys and girls."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »
They didn't really say much about games. the only games my parents ever had a problem with were the GTA games.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 01:44:42 AM »
Wow.  My mom is the same way towards my younger brothers.  I mean we have Q4 for the 360 and you see Kaine get mutilated and stroggified but they can't have a game where you have sex (and you don't even see the charaters have sex) the you can kill the hooker and get your money back.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 12:27:15 PM »
They didn't really say much about games. the only games my parents ever had a problem with were the GTA games.

Because of niggers. Funny, my parents let me play GTA 1 when I was like, 8 or 9. The only games they didn't want me to play were scary ones, and I still played the first resident evil when it came out.