Author Topic: Soul Caliber 4  (Read 24759 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Soul Caliber 4
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:31:11 AM »
Hey guys it is July 29 2008 which means a fighting game series comes out with it's fourth title.

SOUL CALIBER 4

As you know it is another Namco fighting game which it's other famous title the  Tekken series.

Basicly come here to discuss Soul Caliber 4, Tekken, or any fighting game in general.

vladgd

Re: Soul Caliber 4
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 01:36:00 AM »
i may buy it tomorreh (later today)

looks awesome

but uhh, because i am a dick, we do have a gaming forum.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 01:40:17 AM »
Yeah I had a case of the "duuuuurrrrr" so I will see if this can get either moved or locked and I will make a new one.

vladgd

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:41:15 PM »
yeah i got this a few hours ago, it is made of win.

a few random notes from what i have played.

-the american version, ivy isn't "edited", she looks the same as the screenshots and stuff show you, rather than that even more ridicules "shirt" thing shown from i am assuming very good photoshops, or beta images or whatever.

-the new astaroth costume is win, and is my favorite so far.  if you don't like it, the alt costume is his classic costume.

-the game looks awesome on a 42 inch hdtv

-hilde is also awesome, and plays awesome

-one time my "lower armor" broke off, and my character was without pants, i giggled.

-ivy plays differantly than in soulcalibur 2, but she still kicks ass, whips, and dominates people.

-astaroth is currently my best character, as he was in sc2, but i will continually use ivy because you can't deny that her sword is really fun to use, even though astaroth is really fun to play.  i basically have two "mains" and those are ivy/astaroth. 

-yoda is small, good luck grabbing him

-the apprentice is gay, good luck beating him

and i have only about 90 minutes ish logged on the game, so i guess im going to play some more.

also, spectere, move this thread to the gaming forum plox.

also also also

Soulcalibur 4

*edit*

apparently the arcade mode is 8 rounds

every round 7, you fight the apprentice, and he makes inferno (boss from soul calibur 2) cry.  and HE ISNT EVEN THE FINAL GUY.

I CANT BEAT HIM

FUCK

im thinking he is harder than the boss from doa4, and that boss can kill you in two quick combos, and this guy can't.

*edit*

two battles after i edited that, i beat him, first round ring out, second round he let me chain grab him.  like he isn't blatantly cheap, he just somehow kicks my ass over and over.

and algol is the boss...

to me, he doesn't feel much differant than any regular character, and thus, he took me less than a minute to kill, rather than the 7 it took me to kill the apprentice.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:35:32 PM by vladgd »

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:40:40 PM »
Yeah I really liked how the vamped the system.

The Aprentice can suck my cock.

Nightmare and Siegfried are still slightly the same move wise.

Kilik is even more bad assed.

Yoda was a slight disapointment but I might have to play as him to adjust.

vladgd

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 02:04:38 AM »
yoda plays fine, hes only really a problem if you are fighting him, and you want to grab him.

-the character creator is awesome

-i unlocked the apprentice

and i am working on beating story mode with everybody, so i can get all the endings, and moneys to buy equipment for the character creator.

*edit for a bullet or two*

-yoshimitsu, as a character (well he isn't a bad fighter, im just not good with him) is awesome
     -he can now constantly hover with his sword...like a helicoptor (he could before, now it looks like its a stance)
     -he can use two swords to walk with as if they were legs, this looks silly and awesome
     -his ending is also awesome

-i tend to use awesome alot to describe stuff in this game, because this game is awesome
-seriously, do a ctrl f and type in awesome, you will find awesome an awesomeley amount of awesome times
-apon further dabbling, the character creation thing is actually DAMN GOOD.  i made myself a woman astaroth jester with black tights and a BIG FUCKING HAMMER, she is awesome.  and they actually talk...and i am assuming based on this character, that they say different things based on the character you chose them to be based on.  also, you have a few voices to choose from, and you can change the pitch of each, the thing is surprisingly deep.

AWESOME!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:42:33 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 03:43:55 AM »
I had a huge rant written but oh well.

Anyway, this game isn't good and none of the problems from SC3 were fixed. Instead they just made the regular characters really stupid looking, the cameo artist characters clones and chose to push the whole CAS thing even more, which is really dumb. Why even bother having a story anyway? Everyone's just going to find the most broken style and make stupid characters and abuse moves online all day.

vladgd

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 04:07:06 AM »
wellp, got all the endings, made my purplestuff character pretty good.  though i may want to alter her a bit to give her a little less power and add some hitpoints which she lacks.

guess im off to work on getting far in the tower next.

for the next game, i would think it would be wise to have both unlockable armor, which doesn't add stats or anything, and then unlockable stats or whatever to apply to the armor.  so you can have any character you want, and then apply different stats so you can "have your cake, and eat it too"

then again, you can still always play on a mode which doesn't use any of the stats, abilities, weapons and whatnot.  and i generally play that, so im the last person to really complain about this.

but seeing as the character creation blew ass in sc3, and its actually quite awesome in sc4, it can only get better.

also a perverted observation, the women characters don't really get much in the line of thong options, (like they got one, but its kind of not) but the men get one. 

so i made a thonged near naked cervantes in pink gear, and it was glorious.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 04:17:20 AM »
I had a huge rant written but oh well.

Anyway, this game isn't good and none of the problems from SC3 were fixed. Instead they just made the regular characters really stupid looking, the cameo artist characters clones and chose to push the whole CAS thing even more, which is really dumb. Why even bother having a story anyway? Everyone's just going to find the most broken style and make stupid characters and abuse moves online all day.

Well, what specifically is bad about it? It's easy to call things stupid, but unfortunately it makes one sound like a fanboy. I enjoyed the others a lot, and I don't particularly see what's wrong with it.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 05:24:10 AM »
The game has no balance. Characters that were strong in 3 (Zasalamel, others) are now even stronger while many characters that got toned down are now even weaker for no real reason. Maxi has entire useful chains missing when he was fairly weak last time. If you're playing with stats on, the game's completely broken.

The cameo artist characters all could have been totally unique and could've really added something. Instead, they're glorified CAS characters.

A lot of characters had perfectly functional designs changed. Ivy used to be busty but still somewhat lithe, making her sexy. Now she's a fat whore. Tira's original costume looked fine. Now she looks like a train hit her. Setsuka, who was originally a traditional Japanese maiden type, is now BLONDE. It's like they switched their alt costumes in for their mains and then figured out how to make them infinitely whorish.

The game is the ultimate expression of style over substance and most people on XBox Live will just gobble it up because they can make whatever fetish whore they want and march them around online cuz man them juggs r hot.

It's honestly a massive hit to someone who used to play Soul Blade through Calibur 2 competitively.

Even worse is that there are so many retards on 360 who seem to think SC4 is the only online fighter when Virtua Fighter 5's not only been out for a while, but is an infinitely better playing game. BUT no, SC4's been advertised and rammed down the public's throat like every other big game so obviously no others exist.

vladgd

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 05:31:13 AM »
Ivy used to be busty but still somewhat lithe, making her sexy. Now she's a fat whore.

id hate to see what you consider skinny.

lets see

skimpy outfit, check

cool armored hand gauntlet thing, check

xbawx hueg bosoms, check

fat, well in the tits, check, elswhere...nope

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:37:54 AM by vladgd »

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:12:53 AM »
hur hur hur bewbies.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »
Please tell me she at least attacks with those things.  I mean cripes.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 02:18:21 PM »
Hey Vlad how do you unlock the Apprentice?

vladgd

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »
beat arcade mode with yoda (or vader if you have the tripple version)