Author Topic: Soul Caliber 4  (Read 24758 times)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Soul Caliber 4
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »
For some reason I play better with than than any other character. My other favourite character is Taki, but at least in SC2, she's sop damn weak that even if I could land quite a few decent combos, she still did shit all for damage.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 06:44:42 PM »
heres my custom astaroth jester black woman

excuse any blur, i am bad with cameras.  and note, its not my camera (duh) its my sisters. 

and sort of offtopic, i popped in sc2 for a few minutes and umm ivy is WAY easier to use in that game, no wonder i found it hard to use anybody else.  i know they changed her in 3, so im assuming thats why she is different in 4.  i should take her into training mode soonish.

*edit because its related*

http://www.start-select.net/reviews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1217318463&archive=&start_from=&ucat=5&

a rather thorough review, not to mention the kid is pretty fuckin' good, from the videos shown
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 01:41:09 AM by vladgd »

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2008, 01:58:25 AM »
Nice Vlad

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2008, 04:22:46 AM »

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

vladgd

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »
well uhh, the tower is HARD.  BUT you can still get all the gear without doing it.  if you get 30 achievements, they will be in the store for you to buy.  but if you get them in the tower, they are free, and the chests you open with gear you have unlocked already, will give you money.  but its still fun, and there is about 3 achievements(descend 20 floors, beat all the higher level floors, get 30 treasure chests) to nab from doing the tower, not to mention building specific characters to beat specific floors is pretty cool.

so im at 23/50 achievements, i have a row of 7 that should be doable.  not including anything online, which im bound to try sooner or later.  i would prefer i had a few people(rl friends, or internet people, its over the internet so its not like either matters) xbl gold ready and with either sc4, or gta4 who want to play one of those games before i activate the month spectere kindly gave me a while back.

umm ive been playing a custom hilde, and shes pretty fun to poke people with.  im oddly fond of her crouch, and right before you would stand, use the spear, and its like an upward jab from crouched position.  i don't know, but i really like using it, and its nice ducking under an attack, and landing a high attack at the same time.  she is currently level 8, when she hits 9, i will probably get my gay on with sigfried and his ease of use.  ohh, and i managed to get another critical finish (this time with hilde), so in my 17 hours of play, i am now up to 4 out of 100 i need for the achievement....

*edit*

holy combo batman ivy

*edit*

another thing, why are people bitching about how revealing and "slutty" ivy's outfit, when voldo's is more revealing, and he is a 50 year old blind man.  sure she has big tits, and a thong, but voldo is an old man, and wears a thong, and codpiece...and not much else.

you slut voldo you (i still love you)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 01:23:29 AM by vladgd »

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2008, 12:05:20 PM »
Voldo is the pimp of all pimps. 'Nuff said.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »
No one cares about Voldo because that's how Voldo's always looked. People hate how Ivy looks because her boobs are now 4x the size they were originally. I've already explained this.

vladgd

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2008, 03:26:26 PM »
k

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2008, 09:45:53 PM »
I really have no problem with it, because its just a videogame....But yeah....The clothes the creators put on some of these girls is pretty retarded lol. I mean....Who in their right mind would go out to fight to the death, wearing basically dental floss and strings? Kinda retarded, but Meh, its a GAME!

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2008, 09:49:19 PM »
Yeah really now.  The last time I fought to the death, I was practically wearing a full suit of armor.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

vladgd

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2008, 10:19:27 PM »
gotta love vidya logic.  anyway i shouldn't have brought it up again, but yeah, as newf said, its a video game, and people shouldn't be makeing such a big deal on a single characters player 1 costume. 

anyway, 3 achievements till i hit my 30, and yeah.  unfortunately you can't get any during the vs mode.  so all of those blocks, guard impacts, running, hitting, ect didn't count towards stuff.  NO BIGGIE, just a bit lame.

and because i am rather "goal" oriented, im going to get everybody up to level 9, buy all of the weapons, gear, ect.  just finished with tira(I DO NOT LIKE USING HER), and now im working on voldo.  which is lame, because voldo isn't the easiest character to use, but i do enjoy running over people in his backwards crawl stance, its like a voldo lawnmower.

anything else i can type to make this a tldr?  uhh, i may get a hori arcade stick in the future.  the thing is like $60, and i figure it would be nice to use with soulcalibur 4 AND street fighter 4 when that comes out, if i like it that is.  haven't much found a 2d fighter that drew me in, but the game looks fanfuckingtastic.

k im done, lets keep the costume talk on the down low, and the gameplay talk on the higher up plox, ive had enough rage for one week.  some people like them, some people don't, its an opinion, we have expressed it, thats that, nothing more needs to be said.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 10:43:28 PM »
and now im working on voldo.  which is lame, because voldo isn't the easiest character to use,
I've noticed ALOT of people have problems with Voldo, because he seems to be a confusing character to use. I dunno, first time i've used him, I just liked the fact he was kinda hard to play with and took a while to get used to, and NOBODY else I knew used him. So i guess I like being kinda unique in my own way for gaming as well :P

vladgd

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2008, 11:34:35 PM »
i think my main issue is that i generally play people with some sort of range to them, and getting used to that close range is tricky. 

like normally, if i am at low health, ill just back the hell off and try to poke my way to victory, not so much with someone who lacks the ability to snipe from a distance.  but i mean, take any character into training mode to get the jist of em, im just too lazy to bother ;o

also

http://www.hori.jp/us/products/xbox360/fighting_stick_ex2/index.html

looks pretty good

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2008, 11:35:14 PM »
People don't like using Tira because she's one of the worst characters in the game. She was terrible in 3, but had a hot costume. Then for 4, they gave her a bunch of moves that are completely worthless and made her look super dumb. I really have no idea why she's even in the game. She has pretty much zero point in the story and she's pretty worthless at any range. She does less damage per hit than Taki or Maxi but isn't anywhere near their speed, even though she should be.

Also, Voldo has some really spammable moves (ff+Y works pretty well). He hasn't changed much really. Just don't use the crawl too much because it is very very easy to run straight off of ledges.

Ivy is pretty much completely ruined. I know that combo you posted looks really cool and all, Vlad, but she had it in 3 for the most part and it was easily escaped just by rolling out of the down hits so that you wouldn't be launched back up (not to mention getting someone with any of that in an actual match is ridiculous to begin with). With 4 being by far the slowest of the series, it's even easier to escape anything she does. Up close, Ivy just gets destroyed and at far range, the super low speed of her moves means they're all easily blocked or impacted.

I actually really like Hilde's look, but as a character, she's too slow and doesn't do enough damage and doesn't have enough versatility in her moveset to make up for it. She's better than Tira due to her being able to fight at both long and short range but it's looking like any quick character (Taki, Talim, maybe Maxi) can pretty easily take her out.

Lizardman is now probably top tier. His range is extremely hard to gauge, his speed is medium-high, his damage is higher than it should be and his crawling stance is now really hard to defend against and has a ton of offensive options.

Astaroth's Astaroth. I either won with a perfect or lost with them getting a perfect. His setups are nearly unstoppable but his defensive game is basically zero.

The Apprentice is dumb and the fact that he's allowed online is really stupid.

Every other SC game has gone greatest hits so I will probably actually pick the game up when it's really cheap and I have nothing else to play. Hopefully by that point the pros will have gotten rid of all the people who sit there and spam Siegfried ff+Y all day.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:40:12 PM by Eggman »

vladgd

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2008, 11:38:52 PM »
i agree with tira, especially her "mood stance" system.  what were they smoking when they came up with that?

also, i wish ivy was like she was in sc2.  in sc2, she handled great, and getting from stance to stance was easy.  in sc4, she takes a bit time and effort(which i haven't yet got too due to playing astaroth) to get working.  and yeah, i read that the combo was escapable, it just looked damn cool.