Author Topic: An Unprecedented Happening!  (Read 6458 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
An Unprecedented Happening!
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:22:43 PM »
After four years of it staying basically the same, I finally did it.  I significantly changed the front page of s.net.  No longer is it a simple redirect.  No, now there are not one, but two links that you can click on.  And it actually uses XHTML+CSS now, making HOLY SHIT HELLA ADVANCED.

Click here to see it: http://www.spectere.net/.  You shouldn't have to clear your cache or anything drastic like that.

I ran it through the W3C validators and it passes as valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS 2.1 with no warnings.  Damn, I'm awesome.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
Re: An Unprecedented Happening!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:58:25 PM »
Heavens to fucking Murgatroyd!
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

vladgd

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 01:42:32 AM »
mai gad

blogitize me captain

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 02:01:25 AM »
no wonder!

I was going to use my cell phone to browse this, and i was like, wtf happened to the redirect?

Oh, maybe it'd be cool if you kept the http refresh... But put it on a little bit longer timer setting. That way, yeah. Very cool, nonetheless.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 02:46:12 AM »
Hmm...how does it look on cell phones?  I don't have a data plan on mine anymore so I can't test it out. :x

I was considering keeping the refresh, but I do kind of want to promote my blog a bit and don't really want to force anything at the moment.  Personally, I skip the redirector altogether and bookmark the pages directly.  I think that'd probably be the best way to do things.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 03:22:05 AM »
Hmm...how does it look on cell phones?  I don't have a data plan on mine anymore so I can't test it out. :x

I was considering keeping the refresh, but I do kind of want to promote my blog a bit and don't really want to force anything at the moment.  Personally, I skip the redirector altogether and bookmark the pages directly.  I think that'd probably be the best way to do things.

You now has blag-o-net..,many woots and yays to you man. 

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 03:28:38 AM »
I've had a blog for quite a while now, I just made the move from LiveJournal to WordPress recently.  WordPress kicks the shit out of every other system I've used.  It's such a complete package that it behaves more like a standalone program than a PHP-based web app.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 04:33:40 AM »
blogger uses a buit in ftp engine, so you can even have it update your website directly, as well as specifying a custom URL. (ex: http://blog.zakamiro.net )

HELLA nifty, dawg. Then again, wordpress looks like it's pretty much the shit.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 04:49:18 AM »
Yeah, I looked into Blogger when I was first looking to get away from LiveJournal.  It looks pretty good but WordPress just blew me away.  I suggest trying it out.  If you're semi-serious about blogging it'll probably even increase your productivity a bit.  I don't know about Blogger, but WP makes embedding images insanely easy (I have an image in an upcoming Cuil-related rant -- check the site at noon -- that took me a few clicks and some typing to put in place) and scheduling posts is easy as pie.  The WYSIWYG editor is amazingly good, like something you'd expect from a full-fledged HTML editor.  The drafts system exceeds that of most desktop applications, allowing you to seamlessly have multiple posts in the works at once.

It's just...awesome.  I lurve it. :3

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 11:18:40 AM »
zomg its a blag