Author Topic: [Journalistic Idiocy] Google sued for $50 billion for libelous search result  (Read 4404 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
This is hilarious: http://blog.ericgoldman.org/archives/2008/08/google_denied_a.htm

Basically a university professor posted some negative things about a journalist and, after discovering this, the said journalist turned around and sued Google for $50 billion.

Wow.  Wow.

The judge took it rather well, slapping a penalty to the tune of $12,000 on the journalist for wasting his time.  Unfortunately, he was able to get out of paying due to a loophole (Google didn't ask for a sanction and the plaintiff wasn't given an opportunity to withdraw before the penalty was received).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
That's hilarious. Too bad he got out of paying :/ Maybe shit like that would make some of those idiots rethink their retarded lawsuits.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
I'm pissed he didn't have to pay it, he should have.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
It's amazing how people sue over stupid stuff...but in this case the lost the law suit.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
I'm pissed he didn't have to pay it, he should have.

Indeed.  Considering what he demanded for this ridiculous suit I think he was getting off easy with $12k.

It's amazing how people sue over stupid stuff...but in this case the lost the law suit.

He didn't even lose, the judge went ahead and completely dismissed it. :P
"This is a machine for making cows."