Author Topic: MUNGYODANCE 3 - RELEASED  (Read 9644 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: MUNGYODANCE 3 - RELEASED
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 03:57:52 AM »
Um...Mungyodance doesn't require you to un-RAR anything.  It's self-extracting.

ANYWAYS, woo, hell of a release.  More like release followed the direct download server CRASHING AND BURNING, me managing to get a torrent up which quickly attracted something like 60 users (which eventually ballooned into like 700), and 12 hours of bug squashing between myself, Renard, and AJ187.  YIKES.

I ended up scoring a minor programming position -- namely, updating the launcher (AJ wrote it and I offered to maintain it to ease the burden on him a bit).  The (hopefully!) final patch should basically make everything peachy.  Then it's onto the expansion packs...god I love it.
"This is a machine for making cows."

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 07:26:24 PM »
I'd love to play this except Linux. I've offered to help and all sorts of shit, but Renard blew me off and no one else I've asked or talked to has put in any sort of good words. Argh.

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 02:23:42 AM »
Um...Mungyodance doesn't require you to un-RAR anything.  It's self-extracting.

ANYWAYS, woo, hell of a release.  More like release followed the direct download server CRASHING AND BURNING, me managing to get a torrent up which quickly attracted something like 60 users (which eventually ballooned into like 700), and 12 hours of bug squashing between myself, Renard, and AJ187.  YIKES.

I ended up scoring a minor programming position -- namely, updating the launcher (AJ wrote it and I offered to maintain it to ease the burden on him a bit).  The (hopefully!) final patch should basically make everything peachy.  Then it's onto the expansion packs...god I love it.

Still blarg with un-RaR in general...considering I forget the comand to extract Tar files alone (go me an more concern with video games).

Still would love to play MGD3.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 02:44:39 AM »
I'd love to play this except Linux. I've offered to help and all sorts of shit, but Renard blew me off and no one else I've asked or talked to has put in any sort of good words. Argh.

The release has been insane.  Bug rush liek wut.  I totally forgot that you wanted to help with that, actually.  You can also try PMing Renard here.  He's been poking by periodically.  I wouldn't suggest AIM, he's generally invisible on there.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 03:14:23 AM »
Still blarg with un-RaR in general...considering I forget the comand to extract Tar files alone (go me an more concern with video games).

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html I don't know whather you're talking about doing this in windows, or linux, but 7zip is probably the best compression program out there (I've seen 16+GB compressed into 1.6 GB using the 7zip format.) and it supports everything under the sun.. It can compress and decompress: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR, and decompress only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS.

It has both GUI and command line interfaces. I'm too lazy/tired to draft up some default command line parameters right now though.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 03:34:19 PM »