Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 444532 times)

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2008, 08:03:52 PM »
I like the lightsaber fights in I, II, and III, but IV, V, and VI are better in every other aspect.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
Yeah, there's going to be black holes and shit everywhere.  Probably headcrabs too

I hate those buggers...now I need to get my crowbar.

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2008, 11:26:14 PM »
so yeah...

what up d00ds.

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »
Nothing much.

What up with you?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2008, 02:35:04 AM »
so yeah...

what up d00ds.

oh hai.

I like the lightsaber fights in I, II, and III, but IV, V, and VI are better in every other aspect.

They really couldn't have done that when the originals came out, that's why they where like that.

Also back from a friends house, and I tried demos for castle crasher and the force unleashed. Castle crashers rather fun, I love the infinite air combos you can do. Also the forced seemed A LOT like psi ops, which I like. I'll probably rent it, but the fact that it has a god of war-ish take down at the end was kind of lame.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2008, 02:59:09 AM »
I know why they couldn't have done that. At least, not easily. It was feasible, but it required more time to choreograph them, and the movies weren't near as popular in 1977 than they were in 1999, when Episode I came out.

Regardless, the lightsaber fights in the prequel trilogy, were really the only point they had over in the original trilogy. My main complaint about the prequels is that I didn't like how melodramatic the characters almost always were (though Ewan McGregor did a fantastic job as Obi-Wan IMO).

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

OmegaOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2008, 03:02:59 AM »
What I heard from some friends who are big Star Wars fans that the concept of the light saber was supost to be like the futurustic version of a bastard sword or double handed broad sword...being heavy and all.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »
So an old friend of mine who graduated last year decided to pull a prank on a bunch of people I know by having his friend spread word that he killed himself.

First it got my girlfriend, who is friends with him. She cried for quite some time. Then found out that they were messing with her, and she told me she's not going to talk to them anymore because they're bastards.

Then I got to school yesterday and my friend Christine comes up to me and is like, I don't know if you heard, but, uh, JJ killed himself two days ago... everyone's upset and stuff, we just found out ourselves. I looked her straight in the face and told her it was a humongous spineless prank, and that I'd tell the other band kids the news, that it was bogus.

Turns out two of the INSTRUCTORS recieved emails from JJ's friend with the news, who passed it on to a bunch of people in band. Jesus christ. So I had to get in front of everyone and intervene, hey uh, by the way, they're douches and decided it would be a cool prank, resume daily lives now.

People are reeeeally cooooool sometimes  :-\

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
I don't know what crack those guys were smoking, but lightsabers are sorta designed specifically to be light. Speaking from the canonical position in the movies/other canonical media, the only weight that you have when you're using a light saber is the weight of the handle itself. I mean, lightsabers are made out of focused energy, and last time I checked, energy has no mass (unless it passes through a Higgs Boson...). Maybe originally they had thought about the lightsabers being equivalent to those big weapons, but that idea, if they did have it, was scrapped before the first movie, considering the construction of lightsabers and the "physics" behind them.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2008, 11:24:46 PM »
Lightsabers pass through everything except Beskar Iron/Mandalorian Iron and some other substance I forget. In the case of Beskar, it can actually absorb multiple blows and even hold a lightsaber, causing it to dissipate with enough force. So going by that, a lightsaber technicaly does have mass of some sort or else it would have absolutely no resistance from anything.

So yeah, I don't know, they don't really ever explain exactly what the blade of a lightsaber is made of.

Aha, the other substance is cortosis fiber, which apparently causes a feedback loop within the lightsaber's hilt, causing it to shut down. Beskar still works differently though. Jagged Fel uses gauntlets made of the stuff against Jaina Solo while training and he does actually grab the blade and squeeze, causing it to shut off.

Yes I'm a massive Star Wars nerd.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:06 AM »
Who cares, everyone here is some type of huge nerd.

f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2008, 02:53:54 AM »
Ahh, I didn't know about that stuff. I've completely forgotten about the Young Jedi stuff, lol (I've got 2 or 3 books of that here somewhere).

I can understand the feedback loop part, because that sounds perfectly feasible, providing that lightsabers would be technologically feasible in the first place.

And now that I think about it, I can partially explain how it could be "held", as well. Solar sails get their momentum from photons colliding with the atoms of the material the sail is made out of, so energy can make some effects on particles with mass despite being massless. That effect could also be the foundation for why Beskar Iron can be at least partially able to block light sabers. The only part that's missing is what would cause the blade to act as though it was ridged, rather than simply a focused beam of energy like it is more or less explained as (I happen to have one of those star wars encyclopedia books, though god knows where it is, which is why I know as much as I do).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2008, 03:54:23 AM »
strange working yesterday, then working a longer shift today (only 6 hours, but im not used to work), playing/beating bionic commando co-op with a friend right after that, AND i have a star wars game tomorrow.

im rather tired (read REALLY tired) but "emotionally" im doing pretty fucking good.  less time me sitting on my ass doing nothing, more time making money.

only shitty thing going on (which isn't really shitty at all, just a minor annoyance) is i get my paycheck two days after WAR comes out.  probably bub the money from my sister and pay her back 48 hours later....wait...no, that would be retarded to do on her BIRTHDAY. 

i can suck it up and wait. 

uhh and i guess ill end with something i think is retarded.

the socks from the site i got mah tights from are only like $2.00 cheaper than the full legwear, fuck that.  if it was like maby $7.00 for a pair, sure, but i ain't payin' no $14.00 for a pair of thin nylon/spandex socks, unless they happen to be both indestructible and the most comfortable socks ever...well fuck i guess id pay a bit more than that if they were like that.  uhh and im trying to wear out the pair i got last october by wearing em to work every day.  fuckers are surprisingly durable, and i guess the price (little over $20.00 including shipping) wasn't bad considering the nice durability.

ohh, and my wrists, legs, back, forearms, are tired. 

LANDING PIZZA, CUTTING PIZZA, MAKING DOUGH, OHH MY (more physically tiring than i assumed, you just try doing some 200+ dough balls and tell me your hand's aren't a little tired)  but all is good since the job is awesome, easy, and not at all stressful.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2008, 04:24:49 AM »
One would think that you of all people would not have a hard time kneading balls all day long.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

vladgd

« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2008, 04:27:32 AM »
just because im highly experienced in touching balls doesn't mean my arms don't get tired after a hard day of ball kneading.