Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 434612 times)

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2008, 05:55:53 PM »
Whoa, yeah, that's really cool. You should totally ditch whatever class or whatever will allow you to go.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2008, 08:57:52 PM »
I think it's safe to say that Microsoft's CodePlex is way better than SourceForge ever was and ever will be.  SourceForge was fine until they started chasing the dollar signs.  After they un-OSS'd and started charging for licensing they turned to complete shit.  They didn't do jack shit to their site and they eventually switched to their current layout, which is just mind-numbingly horrible.

CodePlex doesn't seem to offer hosting space but it makes up for it with a ridiculously clean layout.  Not to mention that it requires a product to have some output within thirty days or they'll shit can it right there, something that SourceForge doesn't have (well, technically it does, but it seems to have more of a four year timeout period, which is just dumb).

The only "fault" that I can really find is that it has its own source control method.  However, that's pretty much completely negated because there's a bridge for Subversion available (the development of which was started by Microsoft themselves).

It has so much more going for it than SF has in the past few years.  If I ever start a project it's going to be hard deciding between that and Google Code, methinks.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 21, 2008, 11:33:13 PM »
He was there early in the morning, my classes were at night. That, and he announced that he was comming pretty randomly, and tickets to see him were sold out within 10 minuets.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #393 on: October 22, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »
He was there early in the morning, my classes were at night. That, and he announced that he was comming pretty randomly, and tickets to see him were sold out within 10 minuets.
oh my god, 10 minuets?  Any Bach?

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 22, 2008, 08:53:52 PM »
I like to cut myself...when I am doing minor repairs on my car :P

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #395 on: October 22, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »

Hahaha, nice one.

I will tell you right now that about the only field that uses imaginary numbers is electrical stuff. That, and some of the crazy things like quantum physics, and those esoteric things.

Speaking of which, my calc class got into a discussion about quantum physics and stuff for a few minutes today. It was pretty cool, and I felt awesome knowing what Schroedinger's Cat was. 8)

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #396 on: October 22, 2008, 10:43:55 PM »
Speaking of which, my calc class got into a discussion about quantum physics and stuff for a few minutes today. It was pretty cool, and I felt awesome knowing what Schroedinger's Cat was. 8)

Lol, well, that's a pretty basic thought experiment. But it's amazing how few people know what it is, or understand the idea behind it. When you start learning about things like how annihilation works, which gives rise to the theory of hawking radiation, and other in depth issues like quantum tunneling, it gets real interesting, lol.

On a quantum level, things are MUCH different most people would think.

But it is a very fascinating field.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 22, 2008, 11:58:40 PM »
oic wut u did der
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2008, 02:17:03 AM »
oic wut u did der

I'm lost...

Also I just watched like 5 episodes of captain N today. Shit is the funniest thing I've ever watched. I still have no clue why Simon Belmont was a blond tan guy wearing a blue winter jacket and why megaman was a 3 foot tall green guy who was abnormal strong and punched more often then shot.

Sqthreer!

• It's hip to be sq3r.
    • View Profile
    • Sqthreer.com
« Reply #399 on: October 23, 2008, 06:16:27 AM »
If McCain is elected president my friends and I are moving to Canada.

And then I'll be back in America once the border is removed :[
"Floors are a lot like walls."
 - Alexxx

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #400 on: October 23, 2008, 06:35:53 AM »
:/

Well, you could come up and hang out with me, lol.

Also, Canada's not in a much better situation right now, the Conservatives are in power, and that is never a good thing. They aren't even the real conservatives anyway. The Progressive Conservatives were actually half-decently moderate. These Conservatives are basically the fucking reform party, which is damn near as conservative as the damned Republicans...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #401 on: October 23, 2008, 07:25:03 AM »
Yeah, it's so hard to keep track of considering you guys have 48390280 major parties. :P

All of us North Americans tend to almost always suffer together anyway.  The one compelling reason that I'd have to move to Canada is that I probably have more friends up there than down here. :P
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #402 on: October 23, 2008, 09:05:59 AM »
Actually, we only have a couple that anyone even hears about.

The Green, NDP and Liberal parties are the left wing parties (in order from craziest to most moderate) and on the right we have the Bloc Quebecois (national party, but you can only vote for them in Quebec, and they are seperatist) We used to have the Progressive Conservatives, but they broke up and the Reform party took their place, and the Reform/Conservative party, a bunch of crazies like your Republicans. (Once again, ordered from the most central out to the crazies).

Now, only the Liberal and Conservative parties have ever been in power (well, the PC had power, and when they broke up, the Reform took their place and changed names to just the Conservative party). NDP is the next party likely to ever get in, if the rest of Canada smartens up, but I still think it's a long way off. And the green party, well, they're a bunch of pot smoking environmentalist hippies, lol.

In Canada, more often than not, we don't vote for a party, we vote against one we don't like, lol. And every now and again a party manages to get involved in some sort of scandal, and then they get voted out for a couple years until the other party fucks up.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 23, 2008, 02:25:26 PM »
Yeah, it's so hard to keep track of considering you guys have 48390280 major parties. :P

All of us North Americans tend to almost always suffer together anyway.  The one compelling reason that I'd have to move to Canada is that I probably have more friends up there than down here. :P
WAAH Spektur doesn't love me anymore T____T

淫蟲

• 我們要有思想改造
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 23, 2008, 03:41:48 PM »
I'm supporting John McCain.