Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 434429 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #570 on: November 21, 2008, 06:08:09 PM »
I think I JUST saw a humming bird, but it was dark and I couldn't see shit. It seemed to only be about 3 or so inches long, but it flew just like a humming bird and it was flying face first to some flowers. I don't think I've EVER seen one down here, what gives?

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 21, 2008, 11:59:07 PM »

This is the (Japanese or international?) cover of a Michael Moorcock book, illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano.

But I can't find out which book! >:(

Does anybody know which it's from? ???

That would be the Japanese edition cover of Michael Moorcock's Elric Saga, one of my favorite series of all time. Amano also did cover art for a Corum book and some other books in the Eternal Champion series. That cover in particular is of Elric though. If you can find copies of the compiled Elric Saga (it's now no longer published), I really really recommend it.

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #572 on: November 22, 2008, 10:27:08 AM »
That would be the Japanese edition cover of Michael Moorcock's Elric Saga, one of my favorite series of all time. Amano also did cover art for a Corum book and some other books in the Eternal Champion series. That cover in particular is of Elric though. If you can find copies of the compiled Elric Saga (it's now no longer published), I really really recommend it.
Awesome, thanks, I'll try to find it - did it get reprinted in english with the Japanese cover, like some of Moorcock's other books apparently were?  If I can get it in english with an Amano cover, that's Double Win.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #573 on: November 25, 2008, 12:47:20 AM »
My parents had their 25th anniversary party on Saturday. We had around 70 people over, it was ridiculous, but fun. Still recovering.

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 25, 2008, 01:37:40 AM »
So the TFC playing is going well and I am starting to get on par with others who have been playing the game since it came out 0.0

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #575 on: November 27, 2008, 07:22:03 AM »
I've started to learn to type on the Dvorak Keyboard :O

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #576 on: November 27, 2008, 06:13:43 PM »
Leaving for my semi-formal in five mins. Should be...moderately fun?

Never went to mine, lol. Kinda a waste of money, and I've never had much fun at crap like that.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 27, 2008, 09:32:17 PM »
My friend bought an old broken Dell Notebook from some guy on craigslist who had bought the broken laptop from someone else on craigslist (owner -> guy -> friend). I used its hard drive to get my old laptop working again. It turns out the hard drive belonged to a girl who graduated from my high school 3 years ago. I also found out that my prom date's older sister knows the previous owner of this hard drive, all after looking through her Facebook using the saved passwords in her Firefox. I also found her Paypal password, but I didn't do anything. I was just curious about whose hard drive this was.

Anyways, I realized I could use this laptop to get past the torrent ban at my school by leaving it at home, torrenting there, then transferring the files directly to my rig at school all using remote desktop. Sure, it'd be slow, but it'd still work.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:36:32 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #578 on: November 28, 2008, 03:28:53 AM »
My friend bought an old broken Dell Notebook from some guy on craigslist who had bought the broken laptop from someone else on craigslist (owner -> guy -> friend). I used its hard drive to get my old laptop working again. It turns out the hard drive belonged to a girl who graduated from my high school 3 years ago. I also found out that my prom date's older sister knows the previous owner of this hard drive, all after looking through her Facebook using the saved passwords in her Firefox. I also found her Paypal password, but I didn't do anything. I was just curious about whose hard drive this was.

Anyways, I realized I could use this laptop to get past the torrent ban at my school by leaving it at home, torrenting there, then transferring the files directly to my rig at school all using remote desktop. Sure, it'd be slow, but it'd still work.

Or, you could set up a SSH tunnel to your hoe computer, which has the benefit of being encrypted by the SSH connection (I've been planning on bypassing my college's network this way).

Basically, you set up a SSH server at home, and make it listen on a certain port, then you set up a connection on your computer in a way that basically connects it to the port your torrent program is running on, and have it connected to your server at home.

Something like that anyway, I haven't read too much on it yet.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 28, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »
Just got back from my short vacation trip. Was a lot of fun, even if it was only 2 days. Either way, now I get a long vacation.

Ugh, someone JUST reminded me of Samurai Jack, and I NEED to rewatch it. Also FL CL is a lot more interesting if you "understand" it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:24:44 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Kulli

« Reply #580 on: November 30, 2008, 04:06:49 AM »
Also FL CL is a lot more interesting if you "understand" it.

ITT someone trying to show anime has a meaning

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 30, 2008, 05:30:52 AM »
Or, you could set up a SSH tunnel to your hoe computer

5:30 AM: Early enough to catch it, late enough to find it hilarious.

I've been transferring all sorts of stuff from my home computer to my laptop through scp. Mostly just movies and music, usual stuff. It's slow, but it works fine, and you won't be frustrated by copying times if you set it through the night and log on after classes. :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:37:53 AM by Vyhd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #582 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:00 AM »

5:30 AM: Early enough to catch it, late enough to find it hilarious.

I've been transferring all sorts of stuff from my home computer to my laptop through scp. Mostly just movies and music, usual stuff. It's slow, but it works fine, and you won't be frustrated by copying times if you set it through the night and log on after classes. :)

lol, glad to see someone else still up.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

『フエハデ』

• COMO UN JEFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 30, 2008, 06:02:25 AM »
I've been working on OITG stuff, which is about the norm. Y usted?

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 30, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »
ITT someone trying to show anime has a meaning

It doesn't have a deep meaning or anything, but once you realize it's just a show about a kid growing up it's a lot more enjoyable.

Evangelion on the other hand lol jay kay dawgs