Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 446981 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #690 on: January 02, 2009, 03:04:25 AM »
I don't think I've ever had a problem with air strikes in the 360 version. If anything, they're almost completely useless.

Assuming it works in a similar way, having a mouse makes it ridiculously easy.  Have someone throw up a UAV, bring up the airstrike map, and click on the open area with the most dots.  You're practically guaranteed a helicopter.  After I get a five kill streak I can rest assured that I'll probably get another quick 5 kills at least.

I really don't think they should have had airstrikes in the game at all.  At least you can do something about helicopters.

Hell, the balance of WaW is completely off in every possible way.

I lost interest right when I heard that Treyarch was developing it.  My interest waned even further when I heard that it was based on WW2...again.
"This is a machine for making cows."

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 02, 2009, 03:23:41 AM »
ZOMG Spektur lives!!!!!!1

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #692 on: January 02, 2009, 03:32:21 AM »
ZOMG Spektur lives!!!!!!1

Yeah, he was away for quite a while there.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 02, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »
Assuming it works in a similar way, having a mouse makes it ridiculously easy.  Have someone throw up a UAV, bring up the airstrike map, and click on the open area with the most dots.  You're practically guaranteed a helicopter.  After I get a five kill streak I can rest assured that I'll probably get another quick 5 kills at least.

90% of the time, everyone's already in-doors when it happens or so spread out that you can't get more than one kill. Maybe two tops. People on 360 don't move as a team. Sometimes you'll catch the people that are really bad and just go to the same place over and over again so you know where to airstrike to get them but it doesn't work out very well. Also, no one holds onto UAV's for airstikes. They just use them right away and then run off to go get kills by themselves so it's impossible to time.

So I guess the difference is that, if you actually have teamwork, airstrikes work really well but on 360, that's so rare that they're just not worth using.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #694 on: January 02, 2009, 01:10:19 PM »
Ah, I see what you mean.  On the servers that I've played on people cling together, usually in groups of 3-5.  Since airstrikes are practically an instant kill, you're guaranteed to have a helicopter if you take out one group (which is absurdly easy, especially when the game tends to spawn people under the effected area...I've had that happen to me countless times).

The only levels that airstrikes aren't particularly effective on are ones with a lot of buildings.  Pretty much any of the urban areas, really.  People generally advance along the sidewalks or through buildings so that they don't get wiped out.
"This is a machine for making cows."

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 05, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »
I'm seeing if I can fit a 3rd-party GC controller into a Dualshock.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 06, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
So I just went to my old high school and attended the Whiz Quiz practice. I walked in while they were deciding team names and I sarcastically said "How about the Resistance versus the Combine?" forgetting that the teacher in charge was a rather large video game nerd and would get it. I was on the Resistance team.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 06, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »
I loled.

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #698 on: January 08, 2009, 09:11:54 PM »
i've been on an incense burning craze lately

my room always smells like it now. it's pretty cool, but i'll probably get sick of it after a while. :x

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 09, 2009, 01:47:52 AM »
I got back into Magic: The Gathering again!

I'd post a thread as such but I'm pretty sure nobody (okay, so maybe one or two other people) play.

Also, picked up parental bribery check. (parents got sick of my 'poor' grades of Bs and Cs, and thus promised $500 per A, $200 per B for the semester.) $1,400 more towards a car! ($5,000+ to go =p)

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #700 on: January 09, 2009, 02:05:08 AM »
Oh snap that's a big cheque.  :O
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 09, 2009, 02:36:15 AM »
wtf I never got anything like that for doing well. If my parents ever gave me that much for work that I had to do anyway, we wouldn't have been able to eat for a month.

I actually asked if I could have some reward for doing well and my dad asked how I was doing and I said A's and B's and he said, "Congratulations you're not retarded," and that was the end of that.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 09, 2009, 04:19:25 AM »
That is rather insane Lunar. Also Eggman, my friends mom used to say something similar, but it went like "I don't want you pumping gas for a living and having to come home to have us support you when you're 30".

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #703 on: January 09, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »
I got back into Magic: The Gathering again!

I'd post a thread as such but I'm pretty sure nobody (okay, so maybe one or two other people) play.

Also, picked up parental bribery check. (parents got sick of my 'poor' grades of Bs and Cs, and thus promised $500 per A, $200 per B for the semester.) $1,400 more towards a car! ($5,000+ to go =p)

You bastard :/

Also, I used to play Magic, but if you started listing off cards you have, I'd have no fucking clue what they are because I know jack shit about the new stuff, for the most part.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Kulli

« Reply #704 on: January 09, 2009, 02:28:30 PM »
http://hyyttaa.livejournal.com/156561.html

I used to wonder why I never got anything specifically related to doing well in school...