Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 434427 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #720 on: January 13, 2009, 02:18:23 AM »
Alright, done. 

You've gained karma.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 13, 2009, 05:19:44 AM »
I need a new hat, but I don't know what to get. The one I wear now is an old Intel hat I found sitting next to a computer at a Fry's Electronics store (which was ironic because the computer it was sitting next to had an AMD CPU and an ATI GPU). I think I might go with a Google hat if I can't find anything else.

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #722 on: January 13, 2009, 11:06:21 AM »
"This is a machine for making cows."

TimJing

• View Profile
    • what
« Reply #723 on: January 13, 2009, 06:34:04 PM »
i think i'm gonna ask for this for my birthday:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/hoodies/79e3/?cpg=ab

ahahaha

my avatar is peaches

MY BRAIN IS CAFFEINE

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #724 on: January 13, 2009, 09:33:37 PM »

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #725 on: January 13, 2009, 10:05:25 PM »
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 13, 2009, 10:53:54 PM »
That's actually pretty cool.

Also I feel like I'm starting to slip into a NEET lifestyle. My classes just got dropped, and I can't retake the one I failed until next year. So now I have to look for work, but I've already applied at a ton with no success on ANY of them.

Also it hasn't been a great day.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #727 on: January 15, 2009, 06:21:42 AM »

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 15, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/944/944828p1.html

Top 10 things killing gaming.

Interesting, I just don't feel like making a thread for it.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 15, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
Some of their examples are really really bad. Mario Kart Wii as tacked on motion control what? I've maxed out my skill online playing with that and I've never had a problem. Tenchu being a big offender on sequelitis? Uhhh no.

Also, casual games will in no way kill off any other part of the industry...mostly because the overall idea doesn't actually exist. There are certainly simpler games, which a person may play casually, but you'd be pretty hard pressed to really tell me that a person can't play something like Peggle with a seriously "hardcore" mindset. Simpler games and minigame compilations and things like that have always existed. Stuff like Pacman, Donkey Kong, Joust, etc are basically now considered "casual" games and they pretty much created the entire industry.

The ones I agree on are that companies are really taking the lower production costs on the Wii for granted and that UE3 is pretty much making every game it's used on look exactly the same. Their examples of games that look great that use it don't even actually use the normal UE3. Mirror's Edge and Bioshock use a very much changed version of the engine.

Planned trilogies are certainly annoying but I wouldn't say they're ruining anything. Dud scripts are really hard to complain about when you don't hire writers that are actually good. Most of the people writing games are very much amateurs. Women in gaming are really nothing to complain about and it's been like that since...like at least a full decade. The whole promises thing is pretty dumb though. You circumvent that just by not paying attention to hype and showing interest only in what you find for yourself and not all the bullshit companies spew out at you.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #730 on: January 16, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »
I have to say that I'm getting REALLY tired of companies hiring the greenest writers they can. Dud scripts have been pissing me off for a long time.

The other one in that list that really makes sense to me is the Wii shovelware issue. It's not so much about "casual" games, versus "hardcore" games, but more about the fact that a quarter of the Wii's catalog definitively blows, according to IGN. I'd have to say that from what I've seen on shelves, I've gotta agree with that number as a minimum. Too much of the stuff being released on the Wii just screams shovelware, and that crap dilutes the market, making it hard to even find a decent game sometimes.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 16, 2009, 03:54:49 PM »
Tenchu being a big offender on sequelitis? Uhhh no.

The fact that he didn't say Madden or any other generic EA sports game is a big mistake.

That and the overall definition for casual comes off as drastically different from person to person. Some people would consider Rock band casual (myself really) and others wouldn't. that and games overall have been getting easier so they can appeal to a broader audience (Normal is the new easy basically).

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #732 on: January 16, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »
Well, the thing is that the industry doesn't really make the difference really defined. Most games, you can still play seriously, like a hardcore gamer. My personal definition of a casual game is one that they didn't put enough depth into to allow you to play competitively; games that they just made too easy to master, or didn't do enough to add the needed depth to.

I find it hard to see fighters like Streetfighter being in the same category as some of the fighters out there. I'd almost say Soul Calibur, but there is still a fair bit of depth to that game. They just make it easy to be really cheap.

In any case, you compare something like Smash Brothers to something like, hell half the stuff released for the Wii, and you will see the huge difference in depth.

So it's less about the category, really, and more about the real quality of the game, and the fact that most low quality games lack the depth of production that separates good games from bad ones.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Alice

• B&!!!!1!!11`
  • the pinnacle of human emotion
    • View Profile
    • DigitalMZX
« Reply #733 on: January 16, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #734 on: January 16, 2009, 06:23:02 PM »
where do you keep your nuclear wessels

I actually watched the fourth movie a couple of weeks ago.  I still get a kick out of when Scotty tries to talk to the Mac.

"Double dumbass on you!"