Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 434625 times)

vladgd

Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #990 on: April 24, 2009, 03:02:20 PM »
http://www.udonentertainment.com/darkstalkerstribute/

i want it, but i don't want it $80.00 bad.  looks like im waiting for the softcover book (like the street fighter one, and that was a good'n)

also the guy who drew felicia in the preview images there did my avatar, it's basically awesome.

also wtb remake or new darkstalkers game for 360 (since i have a 360 stick...unable to play 2d fightans with a controller).  vlad wants to try out that mummy dude since he looks fucking awesome.

anywho, got out of 90 minutes early.  who would have thunk a pizza place would be dead on a friday from 11-2:30.  guess that means street fighter time, FUCK YEAR!

*edit for nerdom*

of the 6 preview images, 3 of the artists i happen to be watching on that there deviantart.

top left.  http://jayaxer.deviantart.com/
bottom middle. http://gueuzav.deviantart.com/
bottom right. http://cookingpeach.deviantart.com/

third link kind of has some nsfw thumbnail in the newest category if it scares you so, figured id mention it.

*vlad never makes one post without editing, editing is the shit*

working on 3 hours of sleep FTW

ohh and this was one of the many awesome izmagez in the street fighter book, so im assuming more kickass stuff like this in the darkstalkers book.

and yes, "super street fighter II turbo HD remix" made me into a street fighter fan, fucking loving it mang.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:10:58 PM by vladgd »

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 24, 2009, 03:44:53 PM »
Hey I'm not dead :V

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #992 on: April 24, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »
Hi!  ^^
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 24, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
Vlad, Zak and Ulti joining s.net again

ಠ_ಠ

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #994 on: April 24, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
angryish face

That explains why the site has been so slow lately.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #995 on: April 25, 2009, 04:15:22 AM »
Hey guys. :]

I've always been on meebo, (msn, yahoo, aim, gtalk, icq, etc) so those who wanted to get a hold of me always could... :P And not to bust bobbias's bubble, but I suppose once or twice a month can constitute "here and again".

They sell Nike skeets at my work. When we got them, it was very lulzy.

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #996 on: April 25, 2009, 02:55:18 PM »
Lol, well, you talk to me more than any other s.net member I have on msn.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #997 on: April 25, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »
i unblocked you nigger zakermeraio(i blocked everyone to lessen the chance id come back), and i haven't seen you on since.  (several days)

and im a tool.  i bought a "pepsi throwback"  basically "pepsi classic".

wellp, it's better than regular pepsi.  since it basically tastes like pepsi, but pepsi er.  not a big cola drinker, but i do enjoy variety from dr pepper/faygo orange.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:44:45 AM by vladgd »

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 28, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »
No posts in one whole day. WHAT THE FUCK
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 28, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
Rofl, sorry, I've been busy with school and such. Also lol at my post count considering like, a year plus of inactivity.

Edit- PAGEGRAB and lol the exact same threads that were active before I left are still going. :V

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1000 on: April 28, 2009, 04:13:46 PM »

Yeah, I think that has to be the first time in a long time that it's had a day without any posting.

Rofl, sorry, I've been busy with school and such. Also lol at my post count considering like, a year plus of inactivity.

Edit- PAGEGRAB and lol the exact same threads that were active before I left are still going. :V
Yep, s.net hardly changes :P

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1001 on: April 28, 2009, 05:17:07 PM »

because of that i kind of removed the site from my bookmarks so i won't check it as often.  why bother checking it several times a day if...there's nothing new.

anywho, i have a hankerin for a new harvest moon game.  the only games ive played are the n64 game, and minorly the gbc game.  anything kind of similar to the n64 game (preferably with longer days....days in that game come and go before you can blink)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 28, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »
I'll post then.

Why are there no good online communities based around games? I said in a post on Joystiq that playing MvC2 could be horrible due to the game balance and projectile spam and a community willing to do anything to win (I was agreeing to a previous poster saying that the game was basically broken) and me and him got down voted for basically stating a fact.I was even called bad at street fighter because I said "if you think projectile spam in SF4 is bad this game will make you cry". It's like half the internet lacks reading comprehension.

vladgd

« Reply #1003 on: April 28, 2009, 05:38:17 PM »
projectile spam in street fighter 4 is nonexistent in comparison to 2.

also, like if you have problems with it, fucking deal with it, or play as a character that can projectile spam.  playing keepaway is a legit strategy, that i personally find harder than playing catch up.  kind of why nobody plays seth or dhalsim, because their entire game is keepaway, and if they fuck up, they are as good as dead.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1004 on: April 28, 2009, 07:40:11 PM »
A game where nobody plays a character due to them being too risky or useless needs to be rebalanced. I realize that it's impossible to completely balance a larger number of characters (the more characters, the harder to balance), but at the time time, no character should be considered useless. I realize that most console games don't get rebalanced once they've been released, but in time, thanks to all the next gen consoles being internet capable, I hope that patching and re-balancing games on consoles becomes more common, for this exact reason.

I'm not necessarily all that good at most fighting games (nor have I played most of them for more than a couple matches), but that said, it doesn't mean I can't comment on the theory side of game making. It's useless to include a useless character, so why go through the trouble? Because they don't expect people to gravitate towards one particular style and essentially force that style upon the rest of the community.

also, like if you have problems with it, fucking deal with it, or play as a character that can projectile spam.

He's just pointing out the fact that it can occcasionally suck, because some dickweed decides to projectile spam you. Just because some people do something annoying like that, doesn't mean you should become one of those people who essentially plays into the game's flaw, instead of around it. It's the same thinking of "Just because there's a cheat available, why should I use it?". It's possible to cheat in lots of games (practically every MMO has some sort of cheating community), but many more people ignore the cheat and try to play legitimately. Just because the programmers/creators messed up, doesn't mean you need to take advantage of it. And frankly, I see poor balancing/broken games as a screw up on the part of the creators.

Great example: A friend of mine is so good at DnD that in 3rd edition, he actually figured out how you could create a character powerful enough to single handedly beat the game's official gods. He found a part in the game that was terribly broken and calculated what stats he would have, what feats he would need, etc. That is a balancing problem, just the same as overpowering some move, or just poorly balancing things.

Why do you think people came out with the Brawl+ hack for Brawl? Because of poor gameplay changes and balancing on the part of the creators. Sure, there's still a tier set for the characters, but it's a bit better balanced for more competitive gameplay.

tl;dr:
Poor balancing should not force someone to have to take advantage of something overpowered just to be able to compete with the rest of the people who play. It's a fuck up on the creator's end and should ideally be fixed.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x