Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 444223 times)

vladgd

Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #1005 on: April 28, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »
what's the flaw in people doing projectile spam?

it's a legitimate strategy, and it has legitimate counters.  it's no different than people say zangief who essentially tries to get close and piledrive you.  is it cheap?  no.  if it was, and it bothers you so, use the same tactic, try and counter it, or play a different game.

also, third edition is fucking broken.  theres a differance between "OMFG BROKEN MY GOD" and "hey sagat is god tier, but he isn't imba"  (ironically sagat is my easiest fight in sf4)

im basically only talking about fireball spam here.  having played the giefster online in HDREMIX, you deal with it, and it feels good to fuck those bitches up.  never played mvc2, and the fireball spam in sf4 is nothing, it's almost too easy to close the gap with any character, unless its' a gouken who can read your mind.  i even have people too afraid to throw fireballs against my bison, and im on the other side of the screen...(though like i guess they are smart because headstomp fucks up fireballs)

tldr im playing final fantasy 8...AGAIN ololol

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 28, 2009, 10:32:35 PM »
Is there any way to make the backspace key not randomly function as a "back" button in browsers?

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 28, 2009, 10:39:01 PM »
A game where nobody plays a character due to them being too risky or useless needs to be rebalanced.

Useless, perhaps, unless they're a joke character. But fully one quarter of the characters in Samurai Shodown: Tenka are high-risk, high-reward characters that take a large degree of skill to play at all, let alone on a competent level.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1008 on: April 28, 2009, 11:48:36 PM »
Well, it's not so much an issue about high risk high reward, but when NOBODY plays them, it's kinda stupid. As I said, I haven't exactly played many fighters, so I can't really comment on individual characters or games, but in general, I think that there needs to be more attention paid to properly balancing console games.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 29, 2009, 12:00:14 AM »
projectile spam in street fighter 4 is nonexistent in comparison to 2.

I've never played SF4, BUT I have seen people bitch about projectile spamming. I was honestly just trying to get a common reference for the type of projectiles that can go down in MvC2. Not that I'm against a specific play type, but playing to win in MvC2 is not going to be fun because of how poorly balanced the game is. That and from what I hear the game is riddled with infinites, which is disgusting.

Also what's wrong with SF Third Strike?

He's just pointing out the fact that it can occcasionally suck, because some dickweed decides to projectile spam you. Just because some people do something annoying like that, doesn't mean you should become one of those people who essentially plays into the game's flaw, instead of around it. It's the same thinking of "Just because there's a cheat available, why should I use it?".

If you're not using every available option then you're not really playing to win. If a game has a game braking glitch that hasn't been patched or is unbalanced to the point where competitive play needs to have a large portion of the game cut out (See CoD4 [I'm honestly not that sure how unbalanced the game is, but it does seem rather shallow], Halo, lol Melee) then you really shouldn't be wasting your time trying to play said game competitively.

Like people who bitch about K-Style in gunz, it's completely viable and can easily be countered yet people still cry and ask for it to be patched. At this point it's like patching bunny hopping in Quake.

Jupi

• Striped Member
  • ...omg...it spins...
    • View Profile
    • Jupi's website.  No, rly.
« Reply #1010 on: April 29, 2009, 12:22:51 AM »
Is there any way to make the backspace key not randomly function as a "back" button in browsers?

Sweet lord, I hate when that happens.
actually fuck you guys just kidding keep my quote in your sigs

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1011 on: April 29, 2009, 12:33:20 AM »
Like people who bitch about K-Style in gunz, it's completely viable and can easily be countered yet people still cry and ask for it to be patched. At this point it's like patching bunny hopping in Quake.

Well, until k-styling appeared in it, everyone just sprayed and prayed, lol. That is less about being unbalanced, and more about using the game's inner workings to your advantage. Actually, as far as skill is concerned, k-styling is probably more difficult than other gameplay styles.

I'm talking about when people abuse something that really shouldn't be there, or shouldn't work that way. For example, say that they decided that a fireball would cancel most physical attacks in a fighter. All of a sudden, as long as someone knows that your going to physically attack them, and has the time to throw a fireball, unless you can counter it somehow, or get away from it, your toast. If there was a readily available system to counter people who abuse the fireball, that wouldn't be so bad, but if there isn't, that is kinda getting broken. Alternately, they could underpower the fireball to the point where it becomes defensive, rather than offensive, but even that is a little extreme because it still breaks most attacks, and does damage.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1012 on: April 29, 2009, 01:52:37 AM »
That and from what I hear the game is riddled with infinites, which is disgusting

&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related
&feature=related

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 29, 2009, 02:17:12 AM »
SvC has an infinite for every character. MvC2 just has 4 characters that are completely broken.

Not having communities in a game like MvC2 will ruin online just like Mario Kart DS with snaking. You'll have people playing random matches where one person just wants to use whoever looks cool and the other is using Magneto/Storm/Sentinel. They'll get destroyed and have no idea why, much like how snakers would go into random races and snake, padding their wins by playing people that might normally be good, but can't compete with what is basically cheating.

There's a difference between strategy and using characters that are so much better than everyone else that there might as well only be those characters.

Also, Brawl+ fags exist because they can't handle not having their precious Melee. Normal Brawl has better balance.

Fireball spam in SF4 is solved largely by Focus Attacks. Just absorb and back dash and if they continue, just keep doing it for free Ultra bar. Most characters have ways to run right through fireballs too. Or leap them faster than the fireball thrower can recover.

The only annoying spam in SF4 is ultra defensive. You get a lot of Ken fags who just squat in a corner and do uppercuts only. You can say that's a viable strategy but it doesn't make it any less stupid or boring. Especially when that shows up in Player Matches.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1014 on: April 29, 2009, 03:04:09 AM »
Also, Brawl+ fags exist because they can't handle not having their precious Melee. Normal Brawl has better balance.

I don't know too much about the differences between Brawl and Brawl+, aside from the ones I've noticed playing my friend in a bunch of 1 on 1 matches. I do prefer the feel of Brawl+, having played Melee and normal Brawl before. I just found Brawl too boring, and slow, and overall didn't like the feeling it had. Mind you, some of the hitboxes in Brawl+ seem buggy, or just overly large (Kirby's feet come to mind...). That, and some attacks break right through shields (likely due to programming glitches).

I dunno, it's a pretty subjective thing for me, since I don't know the tier lists, and don't know a lot of specifics on damage and such.

After reading the Brawl+ announcement, I found out about the buffering system Brawl uses.. That's probably why Brawl feels so much more sluggish than Melee does to me...

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 29, 2009, 03:54:13 AM »
Sweet lord, I hate when that happens.

Ditto. It makes me want to shit a brick.

&feature=related

SCOOPS, SCOOPS HAGEN DAZ.

Not having communities in a game like MvC2 will ruin online just like Mario Kart DS with snaking. You'll have people playing random matches where one person just wants to use whoever looks cool and the other is using Magneto/Storm/Sentinel. They'll get destroyed and have no idea why, much like how snakers would go into random races and snake, padding their wins by playing people that might normally be good, but can't compete with what is basically cheating.

THIS, THIS is what I was trying to tell the kid on Joystiq. Thank you.

As for Brawl, they would honestly need to build a new game from the ground up to be geared towards tournament play IMO.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 04:19:07 AM by MortifiedocAlot »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1016 on: April 29, 2009, 04:07:29 AM »
Ditto. It makes me want to shit a brick.

I have no idea how many times that has messed me up. I'm all for keyboard controls, but I'd like to be able to turn some of them off sometimes.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 29, 2009, 05:32:38 AM »
I think my point with Brawl is that it plays perfectly fine and is extremely fast-paced if you don't play the usual hit-and-run garbage that you see at tournaments. The people who play it and then go to Brawl+ completely missed the point of the game. Brawl is better than Melee in literally EVERY as far as the original intent of the series goes.

vladgd

« Reply #1018 on: April 29, 2009, 05:49:12 AM »

this is relevant

CURLEH MUSTACHE

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1019 on: April 30, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »
I think my point with Brawl is that it plays perfectly fine and is extremely fast-paced if you don't play the usual hit-and-run garbage that you see at tournaments. The people who play it and then go to Brawl+ completely missed the point of the game. Brawl is better than Melee in literally EVERY as far as the original intent of the series goes.

I've never played a 4 player game (though I've played some 3 player games) in Brawl, but it feels a lot slower pace than Melee. It may simply be the different play styles, but I honestly feel that Melee was faster paced.

I will acknowledge that brawl is more fast paced than I originally felt it was, but personally, I like many of the modifications in Brawl+. I just wish it was less buggy.

All of this said, I don't own a Wii, and I've only played 2 other people in Brawl and Brawl+, and spent much more time in Brawl+ thna I have in regular brawl. However, my friend who plays Brawl+ is relatively competitive, and happens to know the game rather well (to the point where he knows how much damage you can inflict before someone can finally recover using certain moves, and so-on). So I'm rather inclined to believe him when he talks about which characters have become usable competitively, and which ones got nerfed, etc.

I'm not trying to say that Brawl+ is overall better, though I prefer it. I'm just trying to say that with the experience I've had, and the changes I've noticed in how the game feels to me, I prefer Brawl+. To be honest the biggest issue I have with Brawl is the damned buffer. 10 frames is significant, compared to almost immediate reaction in Melee.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x