Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 447090 times)

OmegaOmni

• Bernard Deathrage Advocate
  • I am here to fuck the scout's mother.
    • View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #1020 on: May 02, 2009, 09:28:22 PM »
Sorry for the lame question guys...but did Sir Spectere change the layout of the place recently?  It look much different then what I remember.

vladgd

« Reply #1021 on: May 02, 2009, 09:36:29 PM »
spectere hasn't been ONLINE recently

also like, i will never go into championship mode or fight random people with characters i do not know how to use ever again.

i was so angry yesterday like...

A, inflict physical harm to self

B, back my van into my 360 and hori stick

i decided to choose A since it was cheaper, that combined with a nights sleep...im better now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:39:54 PM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 03, 2009, 05:20:41 AM »
Finally got a new computer. Just waiting for the video card to show up. Got a Radeon HD4650 since it's affordable and should run Diablo 3/Starcraft 2 just fine whenever they come out. I got a 23" widescreen 1080p monitor too, which I am currently using with my 360. Apparently it has little to no lag too since my Rock Band 2 calibration is set to CRT and I have no timing problems. Not sure if I want to switch the HDMI cable between PC and 360 every time I switch or if I just want to use DVI for the PC.

Ha, I'm dumb. DVI-D and HDMI are equal quality for picture. Solves that right quick.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:31:23 AM by Eggman »

vladgd

« Reply #1023 on: May 03, 2009, 05:31:07 AM »
Finally got a new computer. Just waiting for the video card to show up. Got a Radeon HD4650 since it's affordable and should run Diablo 3/Starcraft 2 just fine whenever they come out.

should do you fine, sc2/d3 shouldn't be too taxing on a semi current machine.  if anything, im going to bet crysis on medium settings will most likely have higher requirements, and a 4650 shouldn't have a problem doing even that with decent fps.

also like going from a 19 inch monitor to a 22 inch widescreen...

feelsgoodman.jpg

grats on the gear

GHSAGSODGS

while im here, anyone have recommendations for comic novels or whatever to read?  im new to the comic thing, and i dig the whole superhero/supervillain shindig.  from as far as i remember, comics are short, so like, id be interested in buying a graphic novel (like the watchmen...only im not interested in reading the watchmen) with the whole superpowers and whatnot going for it.  fuck if like there's a novel with dr doom in it, im totally all ears to what it's called so i can order it.

tldr, vlad wants comic novel but hes too nub to comics to know where to start.  AND AND AND, i don't like wolverine, or spiderman.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:47:48 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 03, 2009, 11:06:22 PM »
You have some really weird choices on what to leave out and what you'd like.

I'd recommend you start reading everything from Dark Reign and then catch up on that because it has Doom and a bunch of other people but Spiderman and Wolverine are both involved. Mighty Avengers currently has Dr. Strange looking for a replacement as Sorceror Supreme and Dr. Doom is one of the possibles. That's the Avengers team with W and S though. Dark Avengers has Dr. Doom and Norman Osbourne (as the Iron Patriot) pulled into the past by Morgana le Fay so that's a possibility. They're going to put out a non-canon miniseries called Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil so I don't know what that'll have in it but that's a good choice probably.

Secret Warriors I guess? That just started not too long ago and will probably work Doom into things later on. It's basically Nick Fury and a team of unknown supers that he's found because they're all totally off the map and how there's a bunch of weird espionage and spy stuff happening in the Marvel Universe.

There are really very few miniseries that've been put together into graphic novels that deal with Doom. They're pretty much all parts of actual series and are just smaller story arcs. Books of Doom is the only one I can think of really.

vladgd

« Reply #1025 on: May 04, 2009, 12:30:26 AM »
yeah...as i said, pretty new to the comics thing.  but books of doom, i may have to check that out.

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Four-Books-Graphic-Novels/dp/0785117040/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241411110&sr=8-1

get that with

http://www.amazon.com/Doom-TPB-Chuck-Dixon/dp/0785108351/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

to start out with i guess.

may also check out some DC stuff, but i figure ive heard of more of the marvel stuff so it's best to start there.  i mean, the only DC i can think of off the top of my head, superman, batman, some other guy...bizarro...

wanted to check out captain america, but i think im a little too late for that.  he's dead...so KIND OF FIGURE THERE ISN'T MUCH CURRENT STUFF OF HIM AROUND.

to add, i guess wolverine is tolerable, but i just plain don't like spiderman at all.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1026 on: May 04, 2009, 04:21:33 AM »
What about Deadpool? I don't know much about his comics, but if Ultimate Alliance is any indication, he may be pretty amusing.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1027 on: May 04, 2009, 04:50:58 AM »
forgot about him, deadpool is cool in my book.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 04, 2009, 10:44:50 AM »
Deadpool's book recently got a revamp and I recommend checking it out because it's still pretty great. I really miss his old series where his story was actually serious though.

Captain America is still going quite strong. In fact, the book might be better than ever since his death. You could easily start from Captain America #25 (his death) and go from there. Bucky, Cap's original sidekick, picks up the mantle, even though he doesn't believe himself worthy of the name and he was also used as a Soviet Assassin during the Cold War. That entire book is just super solid.

The only thing in the DC Universe that's really worth reading ends up being Green Lantern. Geoff Johns is an absolute genius with that book. You'd have to find the Secret Origins, Sinestro Corps War and probably some other books and then get most of the current issues to understand what's happening though. Blackest Night (the upcoming event story arc) is going to be one of the biggest DC's had.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:46:25 AM by Eggman »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1029 on: May 04, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »
I skimmed over the plot behind the death, and wow. That stuff is intense.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Korremar

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 04, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »
Bought Dead Rising for Wii. It's interesting. Instead of the engine they used for the original on the 360, it uses the RE4 system, and has a decidedly heavier focus on gunplay instead of piles and piles of melee weaponry. It's not bad, but I prefer the original.

vladgd

« Reply #1031 on: May 04, 2009, 05:14:22 PM »
The only thing in the DC Universe that's really worth reading ends up being Green Lantern.

i was talking to a friend about comics, and he told me that his favorite comics ended up being green lantern.  now i guess i have to check that out.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 04, 2009, 08:21:33 PM »
Bought Dead Rising for Wii. It's interesting.

Heh really? I thought it looked rather gimped compared to its 360 counterpart.

vladgd

« Reply #1033 on: May 05, 2009, 12:53:45 AM »
i require a comic series based off from this episode

and if any of y'all can find more clips of said episode, i would be much obliged.  THE FOREIGNER BELT!  I DON'T NEED AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL TO KNOW HOW TO ROCK!

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 05, 2009, 03:24:13 PM »
How to easily get more followers on Twitter:

10 PRINT ALL POPULAR SEARCHES
20 WAIT 30000
30 GOTO 10

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}