Author Topic: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS  (Read 434383 times)

Eggman

• View Profile
Re: THE MOST LAME POST PRODUCERS
« Reply #1200 on: May 31, 2009, 05:28:48 PM »
lol wii

You're making me hate you man.

I really really hate all the negativity around the Wii. There are a LOT of good games for it. They aren't that hard to find.

Punch-Out!! just came out, Excitebots is amazing, Munchables is like Pac-man + Katamari, Marble Saga: Kororinpa is excellent, Klonoa is amazing, Broken Sword is a fantastic remake of the old PC Adventure game with some new stuff that really adds to the story, Rune Factory Frontier is like Harvest Moon + actual fighting, MadWorld needs to be played by everyone, House of the Dead: Overkill is the best lightgun game in years, the Tenchu game for the Wii was done by the team behind the first two games and is pretty good. And that's just within the last 2 months.

Coming soon, you've got Let's Tap, The Conduit, the new Overlord, Little King's Story, Phantom Brave if you never played that on PS2 and like Disgaea, Cursed Mountain, Muramasa, A Boy and His Blob, Dead Space: Extraction, Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile, Trauma Team, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and whatever the hell else Nintendo puts out by itself this year. I know Sin & Punishment 2 is still coming.

As far as I'm concerned, the 360 can go fuck itself this year. It had Street Fighter 4 and Star Ocean 4 and then nothing really until Bayonetta.

And my overall feeling towards Mass Effect was that the game was fun to play (obviously, I played through 3 times) but the RPG parts of the game are just really lackluster.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 31, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
Eggman has a point, I haven't seen anything from Microsoft (not trying to incite a console war) and Punch Out looks awesome. BlazBlue and MGS4 are going to damn near force me to get a triple, but I still want to play Monster Hunter, the new No More Heroes, and Murumasi bad. Good god I will shit a brick if BlazBlue has no PC port.

vladgd

« Reply #1202 on: May 31, 2009, 07:26:46 PM »
You're making me hate you man.

it's fine, you can hate me for my opinion towards a video game console, you are just a guy on the internet.  it has games on it you want to play, good, it doesn't for me, so ill spend my money elsewhere.  the only wii game you mentioned that sparks interest is monster hunter, and i would knock the controls, but it's classic controller supported so fuck yes.  ONE YOU DIDN'T MENTION was the new contra wii ware game, which, fuck, looks awesome.  as for the tripple, if they keep up releasing kickass looking games like infamous, uncharted 2, NOBI NOBI BOY, i may have to pick one up one of these days.

anywho, dragon age, mass effect 2, and if blizzard releases anything, im definitely getting.  kind of interested in KOF12, but i may have to rent to see if i dig the 3 on 3 fighting, i did not like it in capcom v snk, so hopefully it will change my mind.  as for blazblue, worth trying out, but not sure ill enjoy the style of play. 

to end, E3 IS SOON, SHOW ME MASS EFFECT 2 STUFF BIOWARE, I NEED MAH TALI SECKSSsssssssssssssssssssss

TO DOUBLE END i don't pick sides towards this "console war" i buy a machine that has shit i want to play, and play that shit i want to play, that is all(i spent $1600 on a pc so i know i will be able to run sc2 and d3 maxed out at 1680x1050).  no need to get pissy if i didn't choose your side bro, different strokes for different folks.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:32:33 PM by vladgd »

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1203 on: May 31, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
The one thing that I don't like to see is people hating on the PS3 because it has less multiplatform titles and fewer games in general. Sony takes a completely different approach to hardware than nintendo or microsoft. And they have since they came up with the PS2.

People fail to realize that the PS3 is not intended to directly compete with the Wii and 360 over the same time frame. It's designed so that the games that are developed for it slowly increase in quality over the year, much like the PS2 games did. Nobody would have guessed that there would be games that looked as good as the newer games do when the PS2 first came out. FFX shocked most people when they saw how good the graphics looked.

And it's not just about graphics, but the capabilities of the entire system. As developers become more and more familiar with the system, they'll be more and more capable of taking advantage of the system's capabilities, and making games that are quite likely beyond any of the competitors' abilities.

Compare the PS2 with the Gamecube, or the Xbox. Nobody is releasing games for either the xbox or the gamecube now. Yet there are still a few releases coming out on the PS2.

It pisses me off when people just basically give up on the PS3 before it's even started, because I understand Sony's approach, and most people don't seem to. I know it'd be better if there were more games worth having on it, and more games in general, but honestly, if I were to buy any of the next gen consoles, I think the PS3 would be my first.

I'm not trying to be a Sony fanboy, I do like Nintendo quite a bit, and I will admit there are quite a few good games for the xbox systems. I just think that the PS3 is likely going to be next gen console with the longest shelf life and highest potential, due to it's massive hardware.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1204 on: May 31, 2009, 07:52:27 PM »
I just think that the PS3 is likely going to be next gen console with the longest shelf life and highest potential, due to it's massive hardware.

this is most likely going to be true, each year im getting closer to getting a tripple, only a matter of time.

also, i can't fathom how the opinion of others for a piece of video game entertainment hardware can make a person angry, chill pills man.  if you like it, play it, have fun, enjoy what you have, don't let others rain on your parade.

Nekros

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 31, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »
I'd have to agree with bobbias about the ps3's potential. I have a 360 and a wii, both are fun to play for the games that I play on them, and as soon as I get a high def tv, I'll seriously consider getting a ps3 myself, because I think it's starting to come into it's own.

as a side note, I still do use my ps2 quite a bit, so if they made the ps3 to have the same sorta lifespan, I'm definitely getting one because it will be so worth it. (as I've had my ps2 now for like 6 or 7 years, still runs great and still enjoyable to play if you're playing the right games)

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1206 on: May 31, 2009, 11:55:52 PM »
Vlad, we all want people to agree with us. It's just human nature, and when we think we are right about something, we always want people to change their minds and agree with us. It's just how people are. Some people can be above it, but many people can't get past the fact that someone actually disagrees with them.

Anyway, I just saw the movie Up. It was pretty good. I'm kinda annoyed that I basically just killed what was left of my bank account, but oh well, it was a fun night, and I got to hang out with a friend that I hadn't seen in ages, as well as a friend from highschool that happened to be there that I hadn't seen in forever.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 01, 2009, 01:14:05 AM »
I think my problem with the PS3 is that whenever an exclusive does come out, it gets heralded as some massive new coming of Jesus. I tried the demo for inFamous and didn't like it at all (mostly because the powers make no goddamn sense than anything else). Try and tell that to anyone that owns a PS3 though and oh lord wait for the explosion. Or while looking at a video for inFamous, the first comment was literally "Prototype sux." So basically, inFamous is better than a somewhat similar game that's even multiplatform and isn't even out yet and they know this because....it's on PS3 only? Or like when Devil May Cry 4 went multiplatform and there were actual petitions asking Capcom to basically not make money. It's all the people.

And vlad, it's okay that you dislike something, but you gotta admit man,just saying "lol wii" which would usually be taken as "wow it's garbage no one would buy that" in current internet speak everywhere is pretty bad.

Other than that, yeah, the PS3 was basically made to be future-proof, which sounds like a solid plan but it's really really hurting them a lot right now, and by the time Microsoft and Nintendo go with either Bluray or even just full downloadable everything or some other magic solution, they'll have eaten a huge chunk of loss while the others get in for a lot cheaper. It takes a lot to pioneer technology.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1208 on: June 01, 2009, 01:23:02 AM »
Yes, I will admit that the PS3 is taking a mighty fine beating right now. And yes, there are certainly lots of fanboys out there (that applies to all consoles though).

But I definitely respect Sony for their decision to stick with the idea of essentially designing a system that is say, half a generation ahead of the others, as far as hardware is concerned, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

vladgd

« Reply #1209 on: June 01, 2009, 03:27:21 AM »
3 hours sleep, full shift of work, hauling my HEAVY AND HUEG pc over to some bros place to play some d2...then hauling it back after completion and re hooking it up.

im kind of fucking tired.

and yes me saying "lol wii" expresses my general opinion of the console, it's my opinion, mine.  also, nobody can say "no one would buy that" because apparently people love the thing.  double also, every console gets bad rap "LOL CASUALS, LOL NO GAEMS, LOL RROD" the wii isn't an isolated case, if anything the tripple gets the most flak.  i can continue talking, if it generates posts, i reckon it beats nothing.

anywho, console wars was so middle school, and me continuing to comment on comments isn't helping much.  diablo 3 looks fan fucking tastic, blizzard needs to give me moar infoooooooooooooo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:35:40 AM by vladgd »

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 01, 2009, 03:55:07 AM »
Just sayin man, going out of your way to make fun of something you have no interest sounds a bit "middle school" to me.

vladgd

« Reply #1211 on: June 01, 2009, 04:06:37 AM »
that's fine, im not mature, and i contradict myself all the time.  in fact, i said that(that as in the "lol wii" post) knowing you would post(pretty predictable, it's like saying JRPGS SUCK, you are pretty much obligated by law to respond), thus generating a "discussion" thus generating posts, thus allowing me to post more, thus entertaining me, and hopefully other people giggling at the posts, or rage, i post on /v/ a lot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:12:42 AM by vladgd »

K-Mann

« Reply #1212 on: June 01, 2009, 04:15:04 AM »
Guys no more please.

It had Street Fighter 4 and Star Ocean 4 and then nothing really until Bayonetta.

FINALLY. Someone else who is looking forward to it.

I bring it up at work and people say "whats that" or online and people say "oh that looks cool" when they are secretly not watching the trailers or screens at all thanks.

For the Wii, the Conduit looks way cool. Finally, a shooter that might work. That isn't to say Metroid doesn't deserve anything, as it was one of the first, and still pretty neato to play.

And I know we're all flamboyant about a topic we all love to talk about, but I'm gonna have to switch it up a bit here and mention that sitting in a hospital for 3 hours just so your girlfriend can get 1 needle kinda blows when you forget your iPod.

Also does anyone have any half decent, ridiculous easy recipes for salmon? I picked one up the other day (please don't laugh at me if I seem ignorant about it. It was at safeway buy one get one free for 14 bucks and this is honest to god the first time I ever bought/cooked a fish).

vladgd

« Reply #1213 on: June 01, 2009, 04:28:30 AM »
i heard bayonetta gets like naked or something, so obviously ill keep my eye out for the game.  though i heard it plays like DMC, which is kind of a turn off, bit too clunky for my ninja gaiden origins.  anywho, like gun shoes, sure bro.

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #1214 on: June 01, 2009, 04:36:47 AM »
And I know we're all flamboyant about a topic we all love to talk about, but I'm gonna have to switch it up a bit here and mention that sitting in a hospital for 3 hours just so your girlfriend can get 1 needle kinda blows when you forget your iPod.

Ouch. Mind you, around here, if it's for a needle, god knows how long it'll take. Sometimes you'll wait 6+hours for stuff that should NOT take that long, EVER. It's ridiculous. And on top of that, most of the doctors here are fucking useless. It's sad when the damned east indian doctors are better than the local doctors, and they do everything EXACTLY BY THE BOOK.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x