Author Topic: Granado Espada (Or Sword of the New World, but that name sucks)  (Read 7901 times)

Ulti

• View Profile
Okay, so I pretty much whored this in the lame-reply thread, but I'm going to do it again here, because I think I got ignored, and this game is too kickass to just let slip.

Here's the deal, it's an MMO set during the age of exploration, during the early colonization of a new continent. Craziness ensues here, because you can use guns and cannons all sorts of badassery, along with your more traditional magics and swords, etc. Furthermore, it's made by the main designer of RO, so you know it can't completely fail. To complete the weirdness of the game and setting, you don't control one player at a time, you control three. It reminds me a lot of some unholy offspring of Guild Wars-esque combat and micromanaging and the FF12 party system.

Here's the kicker though, K2 (the american distibutor) finally decided to not be an idiot, and just recently made the game free to play.

It weighs in at a pretty hefty 3.6gigs, just for the installer, but it's well mirrored, and I got it downloaded in about two hours. As a note, the graphics kick serious ass, without requiring the greatest computer known to man.

Here's the link

If any of you guys decide to play it, I'm on the Vespanola PK server, family name Ulti-

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Granado Espada (Or Sword of the New World, but that name sucks)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 02:56:10 AM »
I'd join, except that I already have more than enough MMORPG stuff, I mean, I'm playing on a couple private WoW servers as it is (and I have my official characters).
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 02:59:21 AM »
Wow, that's fairly impressive.

I hate myself ;_;

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 03:05:42 AM »
Eh, what's so impressive? I havent played that many MMORPGs.. only Mu online, Rose Online, Savage Garden, Silkroad Online, WoW, Ragnarok Online, and 1 or 2 others I may be forgetting, lol.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 03:22:26 AM »
No, I was making an exceptionally awful pun. Although I am slightly impressed that you can be playing on more than one wow server at a time, does that require multiple installations or anything?

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 03:55:24 AM »
No, though I do have a copied folder, that was just in case the burning crusade might not like playing on my official (non BC) characters. I use the WoW front end to switch servers, because it automated editing the config.wtf file. All you do is point the game at a different realm server and make an account on the private server and you're on a private server. They actually made WoW pretty simple to get on a private server.

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 02:24:38 PM »
Oh, alright. I've played on servers for Diablo mods and they require crazy editing of registry files and stuff, so it's not even close to convenient to just switch around at will. I love how this is now a thread about wow.

Zakamiro

• Foxy mama.
    • View Profile
    • Someplace
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 07:26:51 PM »
ITT: bobbias & ultimate

We pressed on. Shortly afterwards, we arrived in a poisonous, post-apocalyptic hell - a sprawling, toxic dumping ground stretching for a mile or two. This is the final resting place for your old TV, computer or mobile phone.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »
stfu ;_;

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 09:00:52 PM »
I might start playing this once I get pissed off at wow.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 01:28:33 AM »
Alright, give me a yell if you decide to pick it up. It's a pretty minor time-suck, considering you can leave the game mostly unsupervised and your party will kill anything that gets within range. However you'll miss all your gear, and it's honestly not as fast as leveling actively, and there's nothing stopping someone from PKing you at higher levels.

Milk Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 04:16:10 PM »
Downloading via Azureus right now.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 12:29:56 AM »
Alright. Toss me an AIM when you get started, I'm playing on Vespanola, family name Ulti-