Author Topic: vlad is putting together a pc for the future  (Read 14680 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
Re: vlad is putting together a pc for the future
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 01:24:20 AM »
Looks pretty sexy! :D  How's that baby treatin' you?

Also: nice mousepad.
"This is a machine for making cows."

vladgd

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2009, 11:41:32 PM »
lets just say, i don't look at the maximum system requirements for pc games i am interested in.  as for the mousepad, a friend of mine pressured me into getting the collectors edition, and im pretty bad on the impulse buying...so there it is. 

also, it's fucking nice having actual fans in the case rather than say...having both panels off and an external fan blowing cool air on the innards just so your hdd won't get hot enough to fry an egg.  it's not too loud either, i mean, it revs up when you turn it on, but for the most part the fans are fairly quiet.  you can hear them, yeah, but they aren't going to bother you, and if you aren't paying attention to them they may as well be mute. 

i like it, it was worth nearly most of my paychecks from sep 2008-late december 2008.  well...maby mid dec 2008 if i didn't go half and half on an hdtv for the parents for christmas. 

i mean, im on my computer A LOT (you may notice i post a lot) so it's nice having a new machine. 

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 08:19:22 AM »
also, it's fucking nice having actual fans in the case rather than say...having both panels off and an external fan blowing cool air on the innards just so your hdd won't get hot enough to fry an egg.

Am I going to have to link YOU to the google study on how hard drives don't die from being hot?

Regardless, I will anyway: http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/18/massive-google-hard-drive-survey-turns-up-very-interesting-thing/

PDF link.
http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=cache:q7nqEvSwhZIJ:labs.google.com/papers/disk_failures.pdf+google+labs+hard+drive+failure+heat&hl=en&gl=us&pli=1
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x