Author Topic: Call of Duty 4  (Read 5270 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Call of Duty 4
« on: September 11, 2008, 03:24:42 PM »
Besides the semi auto shotgun, mp5, juggernaut, last stand, yea it's pretty good unlike halo 3

The pump is greater then the auto, deals more damage and it holds like 3 more shells. I rarely have a problem with last stand, unless someone is at a distance and I down them, then I never get that kill. Juggernaut I suppose is a pain, but you start with it unlocked so it's not a huge issue. Also I have no clue what you mean about the MP5.

Also call of duty 4 thread, post sum custom lists.

So far I'm having a lot of luck with the AK 47 with a grenade launcher, stopping power, and steady aim. Also pump shotgun + the M14 = amazing for maps like china town.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Duty 4
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »
This [prestige 4] time around, I seem to be sticking to the AK47 as well, but usually with silencer, silenced pistol, claymores, UAV jammer and extreme conditioning; with variants on that theme. These are my main profiles, because I do a lot of search/destroy / HQ or team tactical.

I also use 2 'loud' profiles, one with an m4, and one with a submachine gun like the mp5. Usually used for deathmatches, where one runs around a lot.
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »
Yeah, I like how the game gives you a ton of stuff so you can actually use stealth right. I was using the G3 with a silencer, UAV jammer, dead silence, and demolitions expert. I still find it amazing that G3 with a silencer is a 1 hit kill in hardcore. Also I can not see how people think the grenade launcher is the designated "Noob tube". If ANYTHING was it would be the 3 times grenade perk, or the P90 is stopping power on.

Sneaky

• Windows 8 Knowledge Base
  • Where I come from they call it the Hibbity Dibbity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 02:08:01 PM »
I think that just came up not because of the damage it does, but how accurate/random people can be with it. It takes just a bit more skill to cook a grenade and throw it into someone's gut and kill them, than just pulling the trigger and impregnating them with a shell. 

Plus on certain maps, people equip an M16 with the NT and an M4 with it as well, giving them 4 shells to lob at the spawn point/surrounding area, which in hardcore, blows if they get you.

It's just cheap, but all shooters will have them, and nothing will ever be perfectly balanced, because that's how it is in 'real life' i suppose.  All guns will kill you, but some will kill you faster. i.e. .22 pistol vs .50cal rifle.  oh well
I wish that cake was a lie. :(

I guess he never figured out what Willis was saying :/

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 02:50:40 PM »
Meh, I still find the game really well balanced (at least in regular, hardcore kind of messes it up). Also yeah, the grenade launcher out in the open is better then the grenade, but in every other instance the grenade can do better. Easier to bounce into enemy cover, cooking it doesn't take much (just hold for a second, and most of the time they won't have the time to throw it back or run, if the even have a safe place to run to that won't end up killing them) and you can still get some decent distance on it. Plus I still find it satisfying to use the launcher at long range, considering it can work amazingly well against snipers.

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 05:07:39 PM »
The only reason I stopped playing this online was because people would just lob grenades at spawn points, not even really knowing if anyone was there and they'd get lucky kills CONSTANTLY. Especially the ship map (Wetwork or whatever?). No real skill, just random grenade tossing that ends up killing because it's a straight line.

And hey, I loved using the P90 with stopping power. Mostly because if you don't, everyone else has juggernaut and they'll just outlast you.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »
I guess that's why I never see servers with shipment or wet work on them. That's ALWAYS a pain, I wish they nerfed the grenades just a tiny bit, I guess it helps with camping but still.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 03:39:31 AM »
bamp, but I just don't see the appeal of using the P90. The AK 47 u pretty much beats it in all aspects. Also I can't for the life of me find a well rounded gun I can use for stealth. Anyone have a suggestion? I was using the G36 with a silencer, but it's kind of weak and not that great for distance.

Also I hate how you can't change your preset perks. I found that using the 3 round burst gun with steady aim and stopping power is amazing, but it's one perk away from being the same thing as one of my pre sets.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 02:28:29 AM »
I wish they just gave you more custom class slots.  I haven't come close to unlocking everything yet (I had a lv.40ish character but lost the profile ARGH) and I still wish I had more slots.
"This is a machine for making cows."

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 04:26:36 AM »
Same, I don't even have an LMG set up now. Hopefully they make a mod or something.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 01:35:37 PM »
Wow, all you guys play, and I dont even know if I got you all on my friends list. I'm assuming you guys are playing for 360...if so, add me to your friends list so we can rape some noobs.

NewF1   is My gamertag.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 06:16:41 PM »
I'm assuming you guys are playing for 360...

Nah, I'm a PC'er.  Sorry.

I don't have Gold anymore anyway. :x
"This is a machine for making cows."