Author Topic: CS source  (Read 13927 times)

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: CS source
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 02:33:31 AM »
Well, I tend to play only the official maps, if I can help it, because they're very well balanced. Plus you move slower than molasses with an AWP.

You pull out you're pistole and you run just as fast as anyone else. Also dust2 (the most overplayed map because people [nubcakes] tend to do better on maps they know) has extremely easy to cover bomb sites, especially if you plant on the edge of A and cover it from the pit all the way down the road.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 03:27:10 PM »
Irony, dust2 is probably my second favorite map, aside from aztec.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 07:34:56 PM »
It's a good map, but I've played it to death. Also I only get around 15 average FPS on Aztec because of the rain.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 11:51:41 PM »
Oh, ouch. The only map that ever hurts my system is militia, and only if I have HDR on.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 01:21:26 AM »
Steam fucked css even further. It seems like every spray gun is way more controllable and the AKs kick seems almost twice what it used to be. I got spray headshoted about 50 times tonight. Then once I picked up a scout I aimed right at the middle of someones chest and fired and I got a head shot, so I ended up saying "fuck this" and quit.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »
Wait, this happened just now? ;s

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 04:44:37 PM »
The P90 seems way more accurate then it should be. I sprayed half way threw a clip and was still able to wave my cross hair across a guys face and hit him while moving. Also I think they weakened the AK and made the M4 stronger, so go figure.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 05:27:39 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, CS's balance has been fucked up since it came out of beta years ago. :/  When you really think about it, for all of the weapons that they have, only a handful of them are actually worth using.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 06:28:10 PM »
Yes and no, because I tend to do pretty freaking well with really weird weapons, like the FA-MAS, or the UMP. A lot of the weapons you'd never think of using have advantages in certain situations, it's just that people whore the M4 and AK to no end.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 07:51:13 PM »
I dunno.  I have plenty of experience with how most of the weapons were and they really did make a lot of them useless.

Some of the other issues with the game are inexcusable.  The final straw was broken for me when ten shots with an MP5 did less damage than two shots with a Glock.  The devs seriously need to wake up and smell the petrol.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 11:17:49 PM »
Some of the other issues with the game are inexcusable.  The final straw was broken for me when ten shots with an MP5 did less damage than two shots with a Glock.  The devs seriously need to wake up and smell the petrol.

Whens the last time you've played? A glock shot to the chest dose about 20 damage now, if not less. The game has had decent balance for me, at least with AWP/Auto sniper restrictions. Shotguns work well up close, SMGs work well in smaller/medium areas, Rifles work better in medium/long range. It just seems like they've gimped the snipers and some rifles and made the SMGs more accurate.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 12:10:35 AM »
Not even a year ago.

It might not have been a Glock, but the fact that I sprayed someone with an MP5 at close range (10 hits, confirmed by the console, aimed at the back and head regions) and they turned around and killed me with a pistol (or, rather, that they should have been able to keep playing after that) is stupid as hell.  There's no reason they should have been able to survive that, armor or not.

MortifiedocAlot

• I GOT GULD STERRRRZZ
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 12:21:03 AM »
Well the game is far from realistic, the term "dink" wouldn't exist if it was. TMP takes like 4 head shots just to drop someone. I'm pretty sure the MP5 dose over 50 damage with a head shot now, tho I know none of the SMGs kill in one shot. M4 used to not even be able to kill in a single shot, but I'm pretty sure it can now with that last update. I once did 24 damage with an AK head shot, so sometimes the damage gets goofy.

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 01:24:36 AM »
I can deal with it not being perfectly realistic (shooters that strive too hard to be realistic usually aren't fun for most people) but it gets so much wrong that it makes me physically ill.  I've seen mods that don't claim to be close to realistic that still manage to get the whole "head shot = ur ded" thing right.

Ulti

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »
I'm fairly sure the UMP is pretty close to a one-hit kill to the head.