Author Topic: Life + Jobs + Projects  (Read 8292 times)

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
Re: Life + Jobs + Projects
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 10:45:57 PM »
I'm kinda sick of being known as that guy who writes incredibly hard and/or stupid step charts.

Yeah, but I think WinDEU beats you out because he makes some pretty insanely stupid yet very synced up stepcharts [i.e.  V^3 Hello World and I'm An Idiot]
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »
Yeah, but I think WinDEU beats you out because he makes some pretty insanely stupid yet very synced up stepcharts [i.e.  V^3 Hello World and I'm An Idiot]

True, but I actually like to make charts that I can play.  I can't beat most of the ones in MGD3, nor do I find them even remotely fun.  However, I also sort of like the ones that are like that.

Strange how that works, eh?
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »
Life: Decent, I suppose. Juggling the various degrees of hecticness of girls, school and family. Applying for York and McMaster universities next year, planning to major in Political Science and minor in German. I want to be a diplomat.

Job: Came really close to getting hired at Starbucks last week, but the manager was an incompetent asshat, so that didn't go through.

Project: Lots of school projects, but I'd prefer not to talk about that...

Learning Japanese right now and currently doing in-class lessons for driving school. Should have my G2 (Nearly full license) by December.

Mending relationships with friends right now, working on getting a relationship. Though not sure if I even care enough to have one right now.

It is probably better you didn't get hired by Starbucks. They recently lost something like 95% of their net worth and honestly, I think fast food coffee like Starbucks is on the way out now that McDonalds has pretty much equal quality drinks for a lower price. They'll never match sit-down places but they beat out Starbucks pretty easily.

Also, hilariously, even though I'm 23, I'll also be getting my driver's license very soon. Pretty much any situation I've ever been in, friends have been passing by my place to go somewhere so I always hitched a ride. Otherwise I'd just take a bus to the mall or something. Now though, there's nothing to do with the arcade closing and my friends have all moved to the other end of the Twin Cities area, meaning a good half hour away. So now I either get my license or die lonely. Also, it is very hard for me to talk to women with my friends around so being able to fly solo will only help me.

In general, I've been getting my stuff together to try for a job at Federal Express. I've got nothing left and no one is hiring. With them, I've got multiple ins through my brother (who is in managerial training) and my dad (who is the senior courier for the state) so I think it's pretty much my only hope around here.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:42:03 PM by Eggman »