Author Topic: Video Game Expo  (Read 2565 times)

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
Video Game Expo
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »
Ok...my review on the 2008 Video Game Expo from the Philadelphia Convention Center.

There were many stations but only a few worth mentioning.

Crysis (Warworld) or something after the name--Looked amazing, the computers they were playing on looked like they had very perfect central core processors and they ran very well.  I wasn't able to participate in the event but I watched and found out that this expansion or new Crysis is worth getting if you have a computer that can handle it.

Retro Gaming area--Had anything of old games in their arcade cabinet format such as:

1) Lunar Lander
2) Root Beer Tapper
3) Space Invaders
4) Astro Invader
5) Galaga
6) Galaxia
7) Joust....my favorite and now I hold the high score
8 ) Tron....yes....Tron
9) Donkey Kong
10) Donkey Kong Jr.
11) Defender
12) Rampart
13) Q Bert
14) Marble Madness
15) Gauntlet II
16) Castle sumthin
17) Centipede
18) Millipede
19) Dragon Quest
20) Many more I can't remember the name of but are very much liked

Guitar Hero World Tour

Rock Band

DDR/ITG....not worth it because the pads sucked ass

Super Street Fighter III

Tournaments:

1) Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2) Call of Duty 4...4 v. 4 matches
3) Wii Bowl
4) Halo 3
5) Tekken 5...I participated and won the tournament...I used Wang Jinrei and sometimes Asuka Kazama...prize was $112, Guitar Hero III which I gave to my friend, and a trophy....which was cheap plastic...so I gave it to some kid.

Vendors:

There really were no good items that were on sale...let alone many vendors at all.
Only really good stuff on sale were swords and knives....and they were definitely real.

All in all the Video Game Expo was ok because there were exciting parts to it but it wasn't showing anything that was really new...just showing locals the newer stuff that they could be enjoying.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones