Author Topic: New Xbox Experience  (Read 3199 times)

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
New Xbox Experience
« on: November 19, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
It's shiny.  Also, being able to install games is awesome.  Installing Mirror's Edge really cut down the loading times.

I also love how Microsoft actually made the Mii better.  The NXE avatars actually display emotion.  Hopefully, unlike Miis, more than a handful of games will actually wind up using them.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: New Xbox Experience
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »
Do I sense a new blog entry coming? Your blog is getting lonely, lol.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »
Gawd, if only you knew how many unfinished drafts I had. XD

I might blawg about it; we'll see.  I'd like to flesh out some of the articles I already have partially written first, though (which includes, but is not limited to, Forza vs. Forza 2, a review of the Classic Doom 3 mod, and a write-up/review of Mirror's Edge).
"This is a machine for making cows."

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »
I would not call Avatars better than Miis at ALL. They're horrid. It's like, the Miis are just super simple and not meant to really do much but inspire "hey I'm cute or ugly depending on what I am!" The way the Avatars get posed, I guess they wanted some form of "tude" for them and it looks goddamn ridiculous. Even if you make them frown, it looks like some sort of shit-eating grin. I made mine quickly and I pretty much won't mess with it ever again.

Also, even with the system set to standard definition, it cuts off quite a bit of the screen for me, particularly on Netflix's screen and it looks terrible. And the old themes also look terrible.

It works a little faster and I can install games (1 game because of the unbelievably inflated HDD prices and my refusal to pay $100 for a 60GB HDD) but that's pretty much all I can give it for positives right now.

NewF

• My mom sais i'm cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:48:55 PM »
Wow, so many people on here have live, I NEED GAMERTAGS PEOPLE!!!!