Author Topic: Ultimate games you want/have.  (Read 5406 times)

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
Ultimate games you want/have.
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:08:30 AM »
This will be a dead topic almost instantly but I figured if you ever get something on your list you can update here and talk about it.  All you have to do is type the list of games that you have that are cool beyond coolness and the games you want that are awesome....you can throw anything else you want in also.

Cool games I have:

Guitar Hero--all but Aerosmith and 1...I'm probably not going to get Metallica either
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Final Fantasy X-2 Final Fantasy X and XII
Tekken 5
Gran Turismo 3
a few others

Awesome games I want:

Portal
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix--I have 2, but I want final because it is sooooo much better
Final Fantasy X and XII International
Ikaruga--first I'd need Xbox....unless its for PC also.
a couple others but none that come to mind right now.

You can post your lists or discuss what is here already.
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
Re: Ultimate games you want/have.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »
Why won't you get the Metallica GH? Unless the charts are atrocious, or the graphics make you gag, I'd bet that it would have a LOT of fun charts. Even if you don't like the band, it'd probably be a great addition to your GH arsenal.

I can understand avoiding Aerosmith, because they only have a couple good songs (at best), and their music really doesn't have that great guitar work.

I've also got my beefs with FFX-2. I mean, a sequel to an FF game? That just isn't right....

I own FF VII, FF IX, FFX, FF XII (mind you, this one is burned)
I've obtained a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE copy of Portal
I'm about to install a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE copy of Worms Armageddon

I'm not sure what I want.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

Spectere

• \m/ (-_-) \m/
  • Administrator
  • printf("%s\n", "Hi!");
    • View Profile
    • spectere.net
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:41:08 AM »
Unless the charts are atrocious

*cough* Neversoft.
"This is a machine for making cows."

Bobbias

• #1 Poster
  • 404 Avatar not found.
    • View Profile
    • Magnetic Architect
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »
*cough* Neversoft.

Lol, well, if I get a chance to try it out sometime, I'll be able to actually comment on the quality of the charts, but I had kinda been looking forward to that, since metallica has so many songs that would be fun.
This is going in my sig. :)

BANNED FOR BAD PUNS X_x

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 03:23:29 PM »
Want:

Left 4 Dead when I can finally play it (in May or June, when I can move my gaming rig to a network that allows online gaming)
Rock Band 2 but I don't have a 360 and I assume the Wii version is pretty limited
Chrono Trigger DS but I CAN'T FIND A STORE WITH IT IN STOCK
Shadow Hearts 2 but trying to find a legit copy is like chasing the end of a rainbow
I was going to say Mirror's Edge but I haven't heard enough good about it to justify its price tag (plus, I have no 360 and SecuROM will inevitably be in its PC release)

Have:

Super Mario Galaxy which is still very fun
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the GameCube, but I still haven't played much and whenever I do I keep using an item when I intend to change the camera angle (I'm still used to Wind Waker's controls)
The Orange Box
All of the main FF series except XI in varying states of legitimacy
Chrono Cross which I need to start over because I'm stuck and forgot what I was doing
Guitar Hero 1 through Aerosmith for the PS2, but I mostly play 2, 80's, or 2 with some of my charts hacked onto it because I really prefer 2's engine.
Kirby Air Ride needs more tracks because the gameplay is so much fun and 9 is a small number

I guess that's about it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:34:26 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

Leorina

• Nerd Loving Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 04:37:09 PM »
Yeah, this was hard to find for me.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Probably everyone's favorite and best in the series because all of them seem to stem off from it.

The Orange Box
what exactly is this?

Kirby Air Ride
The Dragoon kicks major ass...but only because of its gliding abilities...man, now I want this.

Also, a bit off topic but still GH stuff...I'm going to start to attempt creating a song on there...it'll be, how shall I say...fun.  This type of fun means both types: 1) actually fun to do. 2) screws with me soooo much that I want to kill the game and never try it again......ever.   But I am a very resilient person so I don't think 2 will come into fruition.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:39:20 PM by Leorina »
New updates for the pack Calamitous Strike posted here in my sig...also no PM's about BG's/BN's yet...I still need art for my songs.

Update: 9/28/08--Added expert difficulties for some songs and a hard difficulty
           9/30/08--Changed reasoning for song pack and added a few songs to Not Started
           10/5/08--Finished AA and have keyboard steps in the second parentheses
           10/14/08--Finished Do It Like We Do and working on a few new ones

Eggman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 08:14:14 PM »
Quote from: annon
Rock Band 2 but I don't have a 360 and I assume the Wii version is pretty limited
- The Wii version actually comes out this week so it's not out yet.

- Just keep trying Best Buy. They've had stacks every time I've been in there.

Shadow Hearts 2 but trying to find a legit copy is like chasing the end of a rainbow
- Good luck. It had a fairly limited print run when it first came out (with SH1 as the preorder bonus haha) and the game is so good that no one with any intelligence would ever trade it in. SH3 is probably even more rare though. I don't think I've ever seen a copy since I bought it.

I'd actually say Shadow Hearts 2 and 3 are the cool games I have that few ever seem to. SH2 really hits hard on so many levels and there's really nothing half-assed about any part of it.

annon

• AWSUM MODERATAR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 08:33:39 PM »
what exactly is this?

HL2 and Episodes 1 and 2, TF2, and Portal in one package.

- Good luck. It had a fairly limited print run when it first came out

Ugh, I hate it when gaming companies do this. It really doesn't make sense at all not to make enough copies to tie gamers over, especially in the inexpensive disk medium; it doesn't save them money and it doesn't satisfy their fanbase. What exactly are they trying to accomplish?

Oh, and I forgot to mention Psychonauts for the PS2, which I picked up from a Gamestop a few months ago for $15. The funny thing is that I had an entire route planned out that would take me to 5 different Gamestops and 2 Movie Trading Companies (local game/movie/music trading chain), but it was at the first store I went to.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:51:27 PM by annon »

Code: [Select]
f(u,c,k,_,y,e,a,h)
{return u*u*u*u-u*u*u*_+u*u*y-u*e+a?k?f(u+1,c,k-1,_,y,e,a,h):0:putchar(u-c+h)==f(u+1,u,k-1,_,y,e,a,h);}
main(){return f(0,0,34,84,2423,26628,72864,98)<putchar(32)>f(0,0,40,125,5809,118995,906750,96)==~putchar(10);}

cristian989

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 09:34:01 PM »
Have:

Orange Box
Audiosurf
Abes Odyssee and Exoddus
Gary's Mod 10

Want:

Oblivion

LunarKeys

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 05:14:53 AM »
Games I have that are rare and awesome:

Ikaruga - Legendary shmup, played for weeks just so I could beat it on normal, then have put it away since. Still pull it out every time people complain that games today are too easy (they are, but there's still the occasional gem that makes you throw the controller in its difficulty)
Super Mario RPG - Flippin' awesome, man. I picked this up in a lucky find at a friend's house, since they were cleaning out everything in order to pay off debts. One of the best RPGs I've ever played.
Mega Man X3 Probably my favorite X-series game (admittedly, I like all of 'em equally, so what does it for me is the music. I could hum Volt Catfish all day)

Games I have that are awesome (one per console):

Too many to count, but a few:
Jet Force Gemini - Mostly unknown shooter from Rareware for the N64, awesome shootouts and some oddball humor. (blowing up bugs en-masse at the rave party was awesome)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Can't wait until the tier lists come out for this thing. (of course, they probably already have and I don't know but hey!)
F-Zero GX - So !@#$ing hard, so !@#$ing awesome. This game always feels like you're ten steps behind with how fast it is.
Skies of Arcadia - One of the few major contenders to the Final Fantasy series, in my opinion. This game deserved at least a spiritual sequel. Probably its only major flaw was the obvious plot decisions and the overuse of cliches, but YOU COMMANDER A GIGANTIC FRIGGIN' PROTOTYPE SHIP AND FIGHT OFF ENTIRE ARMADAS IN THE SKY WHO CARES ABOUT PROBLEMS.
Gunstar Heroes - One of very few reasonable answers to Contra back in the 16-bit era, this was brutal and awesome. Always played with lightning + fire or force + speed if I was lazy.
Kid Chameleon - Naming two for Genesis because I've played more stuff on it than on anything else. This game is one of the best platformers I've ever played. It was simple to pick up and ungodly difficult to finish. The Final Marathon is the hardest platforming stage I've played in any game, ever, though Bloody Swamp runs a close second. (unless you count I Wanna Be The Guy, which was meant to be stupid)
Kirby Super Star - Legendary. The only really, seriously easy game that I love to play over and over and over. Revenge of Meta Knight and Milky Wishes = <3